Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentCow007
May 20, 2004
TITLE TEXT
Wow, great timing!

I am trying to find incremental backup software for Windows so I can roll my workstation back from backups saved on my NAS. This would all be complimenting my CrashPlan backup.

I just bought Acronis True Image 2015 and it appears to be crap... it stops running and won't start again, and I absolutely loathe the Fisher-Price interface. I'm on the verge of getting a refund. Does anyone have a favorite incremental backup/"Time Machine" for Windows? I do dumb stuff, so I need an "undo" button.

AgentCow007 fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentCow007
May 20, 2004
TITLE TEXT

ConfusedUs posted:

Unless you're looking for a complete "image" backup? If so, Acronis is actually one of the best. Carbonite has a "Mirror Image" option also, but it has some pretty steep limitations.

Yeah, I was looking for something to "roll back" my OS drive by minutes or hours when I do something stupid. Unfortunately, it appears that the latest version is watered-down and crappy. I had their tech-support remote access my computer for over an hour getting it to work, and then it stopped working again a few hours later... all on a fresh format/Windows install. I've had it for 3 days and it's been failing most of the time... which doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a backup scheme, even if they could make it work eventually. I went ahead and filed for a refund.

I'm looking at Macrium, even though it costs a bit more. I've used their free stuff to migrate drives a few times and it worked great.

• Locked thread