Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

you've made a terrible error, assuming im anything less than a special guest

don't you dare associate me wtih the common vulgar weak licentious crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Varinn posted:

i think the special guests are the people who aren't actually going to try to play

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Who the hell even remembered me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

kingcobweb posted:

I remember you

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

We could be the Land-Down-Undersiders!

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Matthew Beet posted:

I dont know these people.

:dogout:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Varinn posted:

sup varinn, how are you doing?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

If you would like to let a bad auspoler play, I'm game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi, I'm Rarity and this is my ~*FIRST MAFIA GAME*~ :peanut:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Those On My Left posted:

If you would like to let a bad auspoler play, I'm game

You wouldn't be the first!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Milky Moor posted:

auspolfia players must band together

asiina can come too i guess

You could even say we have to...

... Unite.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
guys I'm not even playing this game quit signing up for it!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will instead be a facilitator. I am really good at this.

Everyone playing should post four things about themselves to help everyone to know each other better:

- Your name
- Your first mafia game
- Which "group" you most identify with (Old Guard: first joined <2012; Young Guard: ≥2012; Ausguard: Auspol players brought in by Mills).
- A favorite mafia moment

I'll start:
I'm ecco! My first mafia game was Mafia 3, way back in Spring 2007, hosted by kingcobweb. I was scum with Authorman, Roseo, and Savsomethingorother. I consider myself part of the "Old Guard."
A favorite mafia moment is in these two posts, which are what I dream of happening in every mafia game I've ever modded.

Now you do it!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

kingcobweb posted:

Hey, you changed your text.

Also, no joke, I was thinking of you maybe a week ago.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

it's me, me in reverse

my first game was.. i don't know. a long time ago.

my crowning achievement/favorite moment in life is when i solo won Heroes 2 Mafia and made lostbanana cry IRL

i am old and have not played in a very long time

this is going to be a disaster

EDIT: where is xythar

also who is OP

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 5, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

-Diqnol
-This one :shobon:
-Tweener Guard as I know almost all of the Old Guard and played when many of them were dwindling but am also fully versed in new players
-The time Ecco decided to make a confirmed town masonry with scum in it

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
-Milky
-I don't know, ages ago
-Auspol
-Either the scum game where people were PMing me telling me how much of a good scumhunter I was when, to be completely honest, I was really just deliberately and unashamedly bussing every other scum player on my team, or the first auspolformers game where I managed to concoct the mother of all convoluted theories as a scum and somehow got the town to follow it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Asiina posted:

In fact I pledge to only ever read the last page of posts when catching up with the thread.

I don't know this guy but I like how he thinks.

This is a pledge I will proudly take.

I'll go a step further and promise to not read the last page either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
- My name is Rarity
- This is my ~*FIRST MAFIA GAME*~ and I am very excited!
- I don't have a group yet, will people be my friend?
- I read a game once where this one player was about to get lynched so they said they were the cop but then somebody else said they were the cop and then first player shot the second player and everyone was amazed. That player looked very smart, I hope they're in this game!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

- My name is Rarity
- This is my ~*FIRST MAFIA GAME*~ and I am very excited!
- I don't have a group yet, will people be my friend?
- I read a game once where this one player was about to get lynched so they said they were the cop but then somebody else said they were the cop and then first player shot the second player and everyone was amazed. That player looked very smart, I hope they're in this game!

That was me :unsmith: yay!! That was a different me, though. Today I am a shell of a man I once was, but I can still be your friend :sun::h::slick:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

EccoRaven posted:

- Your name
- Your first mafia game
- Which "group" you most identify with (Old Guard: first joined <2012; Young Guard: ≥2012; Ausguard: Auspol players brought in by Mills).

This is a fun idea, I like when people try and make stuff happen

I'm Bif from Auspol, and my first mafia game was "Anipol Farm". Mafia had fully started to catch on in Auspol by then, and I was finally lured in by dreams of running an alpaca utopia. I was in a masonry, and the main reason our town won was probably because the scum were too drunk to even write in night actions half the time.

My favorite moment so far was in a recent Transformers-themed role madness game. After purposely antagonizing people all day to increase my odds of being targeted for a lynch rather than nightkill (as I was a lynchbomb), it just so happened that the person currently on top of my suss list was a gladiator, for maximum theatrical value.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

True and Real posted:

Today I am a shell of a man I once was, but I can still be your friend :sun::h::slick:

Thank you, friend True and Real! I am excited to be part of this ~*MAFIA COMMUNITY*~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

That first player's vote was led by me! I started it! I was running on (40?) hours of being awake and I knew you that player was scum!

I'm really good at this game!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

- Piuro
- How should I know, wow.
- Old Guard. I used to be a king around here
- The time I was driven out of this community by vile troll Zorak

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

True and Real posted:

- Piuro
- How should I know, wow.
- Old Guard. I used to be a king around here
- The time I was driven out of this community by vile troll Zorak

I thought you just said you were Diqnol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

My favorite moment so far was

Or wait, maybe it was when Anidav did a gigantic incoherent scum meltdown like he was a cornered Phoenix Wright villain on steroids, and I ended up laughing so hard I was crying, first when it actually happened and then again during the write-up of his flip. Or when he dragged a different scumteam to a win once he was the only one left, thanks to his brilliant evil fakeclaim scheme. Or the time Avshalom wrote up that big sexy lynch scene for Beet the disgusting KFC double-down dog. Or the time Milky was roleplaying the gently caress out of the Worm game, and it made a lot more sense in hindsight once I started reading the source material, but it was still really fun to threaten and yell at him in the meantime.

We have a lot of fun games in Auspol!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im busb and i also have never played mafia before but i am considerably less excited than rarity.

i hate seafood

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I refuse to participate in Ecco's evil, dare I say scummy, power grab. However, on my own accord I will provide the following information:

My name is Jose Miguel Jesus Valasquez VI

I began playing Mafia with Mafia 1 ran by kingcobweb way back in the year of our lord 2007 and last played Mafia whenever Token ran her last game.

If you started playing Mafia in the last 5 years I probably don't know who you are.

My favorite Mafia moment was when I, Jose Miguel Jesus Valasquez VI, was MVP of a perfect scum victory in Mafia 1 because it was the last time I was good at Mafia.

I want to reiterate that my posting this is in no way related to Ecco's suggestion that people post information about themselves.

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 5, 2015

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
FINALLY a good Mafia game.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hell, why not

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I have a game in the queue from October 2008, can you pause this one for a while so I can run mine? TIA

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I'm Zetsubou, from the AusPolfia but I'm still minty fresh with only one game played which was The Siege of Toybox. I was an innocent bystander! :v:

Bif stole my moment so my backup moment was when Asphyxious pulled the Princess card in Mills' SPILL game.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

EccoRaven posted:

- Your name
- Your first mafia game

Tokes
Mafia 3,
Old guard I guess. I miss some of those people who don't play anymore from that time.
Jose V getting lynched in lylo in Harry Potter 1.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

- Tacman
- A long time ago
- Old Guard.
- The time I was vilified for not wanting to continue a game after the community was going to poo poo all over my effort and fun. I wasn't even offered a replacement option. Frankly I'm amazed I'm playing at all.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

True and Real posted:

- Tacman
- A long time ago
- Old Guard.
- The time I was vilified for not wanting to continue a game after the community was going to poo poo all over my effort and fun. I wasn't even offered a replacement option. Frankly I'm amazed I'm playing at all.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(it's diqnol he's just messing w/u)

(spoilers)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
- Gaspy
- I have never played mafia
- Auspol crew
- maybe this will be my favourite mafia moment! :buddy:

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

EccoRaven posted:

- Your name
- Your first mafia game
- Which "group" you most identify with

Buane
Mafia 3
People who hate Mafia and think it's dumb
Probably some dumb Brainslugs thing

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
Oh god someone remembered me.

I am so ashamed.

Sc4rs
Played a lot around 2010-2011
First game was I think dynasty warriors mafia. I remember I outed Chili and then trajanmax owned me as scum. (God why do I remember these things)
My favorite memory was 2fast2furious mafia. Lots of afternoons wasted.

I can probably only commit to special guest, unless people don't mind me being only sporadically active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Hello my name is Authorman and used to play mafia back when Ecco invited me to games.

My first mafia game was Mafia 3, a game where everyone was really bad at mafia.

I consider myself to be in the Good Post club. All you have to do to be in it is make good posts most of the time and try to be funny or entertaining or good at mafia. This is also known as the No Mills Allowed Club.

My favorite mafia moment would probably be when I convinced Xythar to bring me and my confirmed/claimed town mason buddy Iron Chef Ricola into the endgame by playing up our falling out in the thread. Xythar begging us to see the reason of his case while we spoke in verse about our mutual love just before slamjamming him to death still gives me a flutter.

• Locked thread