Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
How did y'all read the costumes on the characters in that ending shot? White clothing with black jackets, with her dress being very suggestive of a wedding dress.

edit. ^^^ Seemed more like he was working up the courage to do it in that shot. If not in that moment, then at some point in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Hugh points to a child, explicitly not the married man.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Funny, I didn't notice a single so-called foot shot, but the way peoples hands were shot was captivating.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Coolie Ghost posted:

Did anyone else notice that despite being set in Detroit, there were pretty much no black people in the film? and that with the suburb/city dichotomy it opens up the possibility that the real curse is you, for thinking I was going to say black people you racist

But actually I would like to discuss the dichotomy, I don't think it was an unintentional choice, but I can't wrap my head around why. For example, the sleazy dude who gives her the curse lived in the city, and the climax of the film happens in the inner city pool, so, I don't know, what do you guys think?

It's very hard to avoid the de facto segregation of MI culture. Might be one of the reasons why the film resonated so hard with me, as it's got a very deep sense of place.

• Locked thread