Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

K. Waste posted:

** Really, the only difference between what Greg and Paul do is that Greg is suggestively
changed
by his encounter with Jay. He is more intimate with her, visits her in the hospital, and when he tries to visit her again once she's been released, Jay's friends stop him, which he responds to without any trace of aggression or sense of entitlement.

I had the opposite impression. It seemed to me like Greg was avoiding Jay, and that he dies because he never actually believed her in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

tokidoki posted:

I absolutely agree with you. As soon as it grabbed her hair, all the dread was sucked from the movie for me. Suddenly it felt like a movie and not this horrific nightmare that I was caught in along with the characters. It was scary up until then. :(

Yeah I felt the same way. It's not that I wanted the monster to be intangible, but when it just harmlessly grabs her hair it felt like all the tension drained out of the movie. Even an edit where we see the monster approaching and then cut to the kids screaming and running would greatly improve the movie.

• Locked thread