Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm really intrigued by the premise.

Stuff I'm reading implies that the monster just has to touch its victim to kill it. Is this correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Riptor posted:

stop reading about it and just go see it

I can't. :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I totally lied.

Man, I have a lot of nightmares like this. Being followed by something or someone, having to constantly be on the move lest they get their chance to do me bodily harm. This film did a good job capturing that feeling. Furthermore, it's made my job pretty awful tonight, as people have been trickling in for some overnight meeting thing, arriving one at a time and slowly walking across the parking lot directly toward me. None are half dressed, naked, or in pajamas though.

It's funny, but this movie reminded me a lot of No Country for Old Men. Anton Chigurh creates the same kind of tireless, hunting presence as the creature (and he's also the dude who is usually chasing me in those nightmares I mentioned).

Ignoring the sequel talk for now, I think they managed to kill the creature. The person following them at the end was dressed normally, and while we do see one other person like that- the girl at Jeff's school- I think she's a fakeout.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't see what's so scary about it, my dad is standing naked on the roof every time I come home in the evening.

The real horror of It Follows is that even if the creature is dead, Jay will always know what her dad's dick looks like.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shadoer posted:

Now was it just me, or did this movie really crib off of John Carpenter's earlier work? I swear the music, the camera techniques, and even the way the shots were set up just screamed Carpenter to me.

It's one of the more well talked about points regarding the movie. It loves Carpenter.

• Locked thread