Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Zombie
Sep 6, 2012
Random thoughts on the ending: I think the thing actually does die in the pool. The ambiguity of the scene at the end, with the man walking behind them, is meant to be just that: ambiguity. Even when a person moves on from a traumatic sexual situation, a bit of it is still there. The thing is gone, but the paranoia remains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Zombie
Sep 6, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Can anyone attempt to interpret whether the film was subtly trying to say something about technology? I noticed that throughout the entire movie there's practically no current technology - no cell phones, all corded phones, older TVs, seemingly everything they throw into the pool is some sort of old technology or equipment, etc. Yet inexplicably, the one girl has this weird clamshell e-reader that she ominously quotes from sometimes, which I'm fairly sure doesn't exist in reality.

What was the underlying message there? It seems like there was some sort of message about modern electronics, but I'm at a complete loss for what that message might be.

I think it fulfills the same purpose as the strange tone of the dialogue: it's trying to bring about the same feeling of alienation from events that the main character is feeling.

• Locked thread