Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

So is this on VOD yet or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Saw it this past weekend and loved it. I don't think it was so much scary as it was unnerving. The part that really got to me was the end when It arrives at the pool and Jay is screaming that it's right there, but no one else can see it. For the majority of the film, we see everything from her perspective, i.e. that It is always a tangible entity. Seeing it from everyone else's perspective (or not, rather) and watching her freak out was loving terrifying.

Other things:

1. I don't think that Jay hosed the guys on the boat, much as Paul didn't gently caress the prostitutes. My feeling was that she went to the edge but couldn't follow through because, like Paul, it wasn't in her somewhat passive character to do so. Conversely, I think that Greg DID gently caress the other girls he was talking to (or someone else), because he demonstrated himself to be more of the womanizer. This would also explain why he didn't see It until much later after he hosed Jay.

2. LOVED the soundtrack. It had a great 90's feeling to it, which really resonated with me. Minus the smartphones/clamshell Kindle, this would have been just as effective as a 90's period piece.

3. Whoever mentioned the way It kills people (by raping them to death) putting the first girl's death into context was spot on. After seeing Greg die, I immediately thought back to the opening sequence and it was again completely unnerving.

4. The only thing that didn't work for me was It's "death" in the pool. It had already been capped in the head/neck a few times before, so why did a random shot seem to stop it?

5. I thought the first "fight scene" with the It on the beach worked fine in the context of the film and the genre. After all, it's a horror flick, so why would we pass up on the opportunity to see the monster in action?

Overall, a really satisfying flick on a number of levels. Highly recommended!

• Locked thread