Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cole posted:

I thought it was supposed to be on VOD today. I would gladly pay a few bucks to watch it but I can't find it.

Any idea when it will actually be VOD?

Oh there's a thread for this movie. I was wondering the same thing. I was really looking forward to seeing this today before I realized how limited the release is. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just saw it and thought it was pretty decent. Just like the Babadook, I think the hype train hosed it for me a bit and was expecting too much.

Someone on the last page was saying that it lacked an ongoing sense of dread and I'd agree. I think that whole aspect could have been handled better. Also, I thought at times the soundtrack was really annoying and overbearing. The parts with nothing going on and wailing synths were just grating. I think I'm already getting tired of throwback synth soundtracks in horror movies. Other than that, the concept was pretty good and the characters weren't incredibly stupid with a few exceptions.

One thing I thought was really odd was the whole aesthetic. Not good or bad, just odd. It's like they wanted to set it in the 80's but didn't have the balls to pull the trigger on a full on period piece. So they just filled it with as much vintage stuff as possible and randomly threw in modern items and that weird clam tablet thing.

Edit: In regards to the boat guys, I seriously have no idea what happened personally If she did have sex with them I don't see why it wouldn't have passed the monster on to them. If she didn't I don't know what the point of that scene even was.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 29, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, the score wasn't really doing what synth scores typically do. It wasn't trying to invoke a retro feel or there to give it ironic an ironic edge. It was just sort of abrasive and otherworldly, constantly overhitting emotional cues. I thought it was kind of unique and sort of awesome.

I'd say it was a mix. The parts where not much was going on just sounded like cannibal holocaust or something to me. At least it changed up a bit but I still didn't like it most of the time and it definitely gave me an ironic vibe. Some of the more booming parts during pursuits and stuff were allright. To me in general the soundtrack made the movie feel more gimmicky than it needed to be.

• Locked thread