Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Okay well you should vote Asiina or Rurea instead. Both are scum so it doesn't matter :toot:

Maybe Asiina, but not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rurea posted:

Maybe Asiina, but not me.

ehhh

ehhhhh i think it's probably you

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

ehhh

ehhhhh i think it's probably you

I admire you sticking to your gut, but it's wrong in this case. May I suggest looking at Murmur twin? Or maybe Ernie?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I want to clarify this in the event it isn't clear:

Rurea posted:

I think Murmur is a very possible scum candidate for her crazy setup spec and fake case on Pmom.

As I have said many times this game, setup speculation is distracting and unproductive. The ONLY thing in this game that would lead me to believe the setup is something crazy is the fact that Opop flipped as part of a faction with a nightkill, and also flipped as a miller. It's strange, but until there is more concrete information available to me I'm going to move past it for now.
##vote Murmur Twin

Seriously, I welcome everyone to read my posts and ask yourself if Rurea's characterization of my gameplay is accurate.

Also:

Murmur Twin posted:

To Rurea: what are your reads on Ernie, Grandi, and Asiina?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Eh, I guess I'll try to get motivated about this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay, people I don't like in this game: Ernie and Somber.

##vote Ernie

Pack it in, folks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is Asiina's self-professed scum meta.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

rurea is not scum this game

but yeah asiina is 100% scum at this point

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Asiina

It's kind of tough not to vote Asii here.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I thought I already did this yesterday when I expressed willingness to do so.

##vote Asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##undoublevote

##vote asiina

This is getting to be a habit

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Asiina (6): Somberbrero, Ernie., CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza
Ernie. (2): Hal Incandenza, Asiina, Hal Incandenza, Anonymous
Murmur Twin (2): Pinterest Mom, Grandicap, Rurea, Grandicap
Somberbrero (1): Allen Wren
Hal Incandenza (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Rurea (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Pinterest Mom (0): Asiina, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Asiina

Not Voting (0):

There are 10 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 58 minutes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Asiina wanted drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

So what else was left but to blast off into the wild unknown in search of the finest space-drugs there were? Her bags were packed - mostly bongs and other paraphernalia - and she snuck into the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport. A launch was about to happen so she donned a spacesuit and grabbed somebody's ID off of a nearby counter. They did the slow-motion walk, as is customary, and after a short countdown, they had blasted off into space. When they finally escaped the Earth's low gravitational pull, all the astronauts removed their helmets, and the others were surprised to see Asiina, who they didn't recognize at all.

"What are we going to do about this?" mused one astronaut. "It's not like we can go back. Not for a long, long time."

"Then we may as well make the most of it," replied Asiina, lighting a blunt.

Asiina - Rocket Man, Elton John-Aligned Vanilla - was launched into space on Day 2!

quote:

As a Vanilla player, you have no powers aside from voting and posting in the thread.

Night 2 begins now!
Please get your night actions in as soon as possible!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Asiina (6): Somberbrero, Ernie., CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza
Murmur Twin (2): Pinterest Mom, Grandicap, Rurea, Grandicap
Ernie. (1): Hal Incandenza, Asiina, Hal Incandenza, Anonymous, Anonymous
Somberbrero (1): Allen Wren
Hal Incandenza (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Rurea (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Pinterest Mom (0): Asiina, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Asiina

Not Voting (0):

There are 10 living players. Elimination occurs at 6 votes!

The current deadline is March 24th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 15 minutes.

Fixing votefinder for the proper end of D2 count.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
For a long time, Ernie yearned to get out of the city. His life had been stagnant on the farm, and while the work was good and honest, it wasn't what Ernie wanted. He put up with it for as long as he could, and after turning 18 and making sure his parents would be alright, he took off for the city.

But unfortunately, instead of going to the city, he went right to his grave. Out for the count, he went down. But it's not the end of the world for town.

Ernie. - Captain Fantastic, Elton John-Aligned (Weak) Doctor - was killed on Night 2!

quote:

At night, you may target another player. If successful, they will be protected from any kills that target them. You may not target yourself, but there are no other limits to your power.

Hidden from Role PM:

quote:

If you target a member of the Black-Eyed Peas, you will die.

Day 3 begins now!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CPIG and Murmur are my picks for today!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rurea posted:

Why?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am not seeing a breadcrumbed N1 target in Ernie's history, anyone else able to?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

Yeah, why?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

one of these two might be a breadcrumb:

Ernie. posted:

Because town confusion means that a doctor might sit on you [pmom].
"sitting on" to imply that maybe he already doctored me n1

Ernie. posted:

rurea is not scum this game
pretty definitive statement, no logic to back it up.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Based on the flip he didn't know he was weak so it isn't clearing rurea, I would buy that he doc'd you though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

he also strongly called me townie d1

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

cross referenced players who voted for opop and players who voted for asiina.
cpig murmur and hal are the 3 that didnt vote opop but voted asiina.
i dont think scum would have a doublevoter
so cpig or murmur are probably scums

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why wouldn't you have led with that?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

to see peoples reactions

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

cross referenced players who voted for opop and players who voted for asiina.
cpig murmur and hal are the 3 that didnt vote opop but voted asiina.
i dont think scum would have a doublevoter
so cpig or murmur are probably scums

This isnt exactly an airtight conclusion to jump to, I get what you are saying, but I'm telling you that its not really an alignment tell either way.

I, for example, never really thought opop was scummy and tend to let millers slide for a few days at least.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I am still frowning really hard at Somber and all those supposed reads, but it's not like I have much I can really point at and go AH-HA! about.

There's a few people I need to really sit down and read.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

This isnt exactly an airtight conclusion to jump to, I get what you are saying, but I'm telling you that its not really an alignment tell either way.

I, for example, never really thought opop was scummy and tend to let millers slide for a few days at least.

well its a good starting point for me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rurea posted:

well its a good starting point for me

Fair enough

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm bored someone make something fun happen.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm bored someone make something fun happen.

##vote Hal for posting this instead of game content (given that the only two people he's cased so far are dead town).

Hal - who do you think is scum?

I'm mildly tied up for today so my posting today will be sporadic at best. I will say that I think Ernie's post re: PMom was a doc breadcrumb which essentially clears him in my mind.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There is no way that ambiguous maybe-possible breadcrumb is enough to essentially clear someone you genuinely think is scum.

##vote murmur

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Hal for posting this instead of game content (given that the only two people he's cased so far are dead town).

I'm mildly tied up for today so my posting today will be sporadic at best. I will say that I think Ernie's post re: PMom was a doc breadcrumb which essentially clears him in my mind.

Ah nooo this is so dangerous.

I want to agree that Mom isn't a great lunch for today but this doesn't clear him at all.

I like Rurea's content for today a lot but Pig is right, it isn't conclusive. I'll take a look at the aforementioned players and see what I think. I hate to be saying this about one of the few people generating content but it's worth mentioning that case would be an easy case for a scum to make.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's you.

##vote Murmur Twin

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Usually, in two scum team set-ups, the scum teams need to eliminate each other. Say we have two two-person scum teams. Why would I out myself to the other scum team this way?

Ernie. posted:

Because town confusion means that a doctor might sit on you.

Really? You really think I think Ernie, who dies if he targets scum and provides really useful information if he targets town, just randomly answered that question with that answer? Also

Ernie. posted:

btw if pmom is a town vig this is a weird post, what would have happened if he came into the thread today and his was the only nightkill that happened? would he have assumed he was the only killing ability? would he have assumed doctors or bps exist? would he have claimed, even?

Twice Ernie mentions PMom and doctors in the same post. Yeah, maybe it's just a coincidence but my read on Ernie is that he would make sure information he gained from his role was put out there.

Pinterest Mom posted:

There is no way that ambiguous maybe-possible breadcrumb is enough to essentially clear someone you genuinely think is scum.

##vote murmur

Murmur Twin posted:

I am at least open to the possibility that me/PMom is a town/town slapfight (or at least that our cases on each other can be more cleared up after N2 when we see how many kills there are) and that I'd like to hear more from Asiina.

My case on you was a D1 case based on thinking there were two scum factions. Furthermore, your not wavering when I cased you and thinking I was lying about my take on the setup made me think you were town (note that I stopped casing you before D1 ended).

Don't you think it would be way scummier if I kept on casing you in light of there being one flip + Ernie's posts?

Right now I think it's Rurea and Hal, will case later.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

...I just reread the flip/read up on Weak Doctors (never seen one before) and realized that Ernie didn't know that anyone he targetted was cleared. Oops. While it weakens my read based on Ernie leaving clues clearing PMom, the other part (about my case on PMom being a D1 case that his reaction convinced me to drop for the time being) is still true.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hal, Somber and PMom still give me the worst vibes right now, but I need to be a) not phoneposting at work and b) not on three hours' sleep to dig through every post.

Murmur's reading fairly town, even if I can't follow where the hell they're going with their case.

This game is lurky as gently caress, and there's several players who are just plain invisible. Frustrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

Hal, Somber and PMom still give me the worst vibes right now, but I need to be a) not phoneposting at work and b) not on three hours' sleep to dig through every post.

Murmur's reading fairly town, even if I can't follow where the hell they're going with their case.

This game is lurky as gently caress, and there's several players who are just plain invisible. Frustrations.

Oh, right.

##vote Somberbrero

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, right.

##vote Somberbrero

Allen calm down, it's okay. I promise I'm town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Gahhhhh people need to stop thinking I was hell-bent on PMom = scum yesterday just because (a) he was my first case and (b) we had a back-and-forth regarding each other's reads. I am of the opinion that even bad cases are good on D1 because they give town something to gauge reactions.

Even if I didn't buy into the Ernie breadcrumb theory,

Poque posted:

Hidden from Role PM: quote: If you target a member of the Black-Eyed Peas, you will die.

is a pretty good indication that there's only one scum faction which pretty much closes out the original theory. Moving forward:

Rurea posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's you.

##vote Murmur Twin

Please case me, Hal, and Grandi at your convenience. I know you've already put out why you think I'm scum, I'm curious if those have updated at all.

Allen Wren posted:

Please case Hal, Somber, and PMom at your convenience. You can't call out lurkers and then not explain why you think people are scum! :)

• Locked thread