Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think Cpig is a good vote.

##vote Cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Is this plolo?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Uh well I guess Pig is scum since no one has hammered.

By the way rurea what the heck.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want this game to end. All of my actions were useless.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Fair enough. I can't say I've been much good, either.

##vote Pig

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Guys we should at least wait to hear from them.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Should we?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah okay.

##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
wait , why are we lynching me?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Theres literally no conversation today and rurea just pops in with
Cpig is scum guys.

and you are all just ok yeah I guess.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I still think somber is scum and thats who we should go with.

##vote somber

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

terrible logic.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Rurea OR CPig could have been scum and only if everyone was present at the time. You are short-circuiting logic somber, this doesn't fit the view I had of you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think it is either Pig and Somber or Rurea and Somber btw. Pig is my stronger of the reads but I think Somber and Rurea have stronger ties.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Theres literally no conversation today and rurea just pops in with
Cpig is scum guys.

and you are all just ok yeah I guess.

Also, this is pretty much were everyone was yesterday, it isn't like it is a surprise.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote somber

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote somber

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Welcome to plolo, where agreeing on anything looks scummy.

And yet, it's somber! One of the few I actually had an opinion on. Hm.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress it.

Am I the scums?

##vote somber

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Somberbrero (4): CapitalistPig, Rurea, Grandicap, Allen Wren
CapitalistPig (0): Rurea, Allen Wren, Allen Wren, Rurea

Not Voting (1): Somberbrero

There are 5 living players. Elimination occurs at 3 votes!

The current deadline is March 31st, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Billy Joel and Elton John sat on the top floor of their tower as the sounds of a raging battle grew closer. They knew that it was only a matter of time before the invading forces came to the top, and their defenders were growing thin. Their message was getting through to fewer and fewer people and "I Gotta Feeling" had outsold their entire combined discographies 5 to 1.

There was pounding on the chamber door. Billy turned to Elton and frowned, holding out his hand. Elton grabbed it and they turned to face their fates. "I'm ready," said Billy, and Elton nodded in agreement. "We've had a good run, haven't we?"

The door burst open and Somberbrero's tiny, limp body came flying in, stopping only when it hit the cold stone walls. His blue jeans were stained with blood and his body twitched involuntarily, as though it were dancing. His usual pirate smile was nowhere to be seen. "Somberbrero!" cried Elton, and a tear fell down his cheek. "He was our last line of defense." He paused for a moment. "I held him closer to my heart than anyone else."

There was a hum and Grandicap appeared behind Elton. Before his body was even fully-formed, he made a quick motion and Elton dropped to the floor, dead, his neck broken. CPig walked through the door, the cold smile on his face drawing attention away from his piss-stained jeans. "I knew we would make it here eventually, Billy. And I know that you knew it too."

By the time the Black-Eyed Peas had left, the tower was nothing more than a scorched pile of rubble. And everybody knew exactly who had started the fire.

Somberbrero - Tiny Dancer, Elton John-Aligned Vanilla - was eliminated on Day 5!

Rurea - The Lunatic You're Looking For, Billy Joel-Aligned Detective - was engamed!
Allen Wren - The Brown Dirt Cowboy, Elton John-Aligned Vanilla - was engamed!

Grandicap - a hologram of will.i.am, BEP-Aligned Ninja and CapitalistPig - Fergie, BEP-Aligned Goon have won the game for the Black-Eyed Peas!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Allen coming in and adding his vote at the end of that scumrush :allears:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I literally can't count.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've been having migraines all weekend so I'm basically in a haze.

This was a really good game, though.

Basically I need to play more so that I can make these decisions without them seeming like the end of the world.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I did tell a massive lie d1, claiming a completely different song, since I was under the impression that everyone else had roles that were actual song titles and that if I claimed a character, I'd end up looking like I was fakeclaiming. So I fakeclaimed even harder by picking a character and song that's a megaobscure title.

I don't know why I thought this was necessary.

I did really like this setup, though. Thanks, Poque.

also for the love of god someone please take the last slot in my game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scumdoc
Mod doc

I had fun with that, I was glad the last few days had some good discussion. I liked how much discussion came out of the day 1 setup shenanigans (which is what I expected) but I wish it had carried more into days 2 and 3. Overall it was good!

Things of note:
  • Scum knew about the two town teams at the start and that knowledge was included in balancing the game. It was meant to be confusing on day 1 to help them out, since they had no actual night actions aside from their kill.
  • I included the scum miller to see if it would be claimed and to see if people would assume there was a rolecop. Nobody did it outwardly but Grandi mentioned it in the scumdoc just now.
  • KB hating his song made me sad because it's my favorite song that anybody got for their flavor.
  • Murmur getting Captain Jack was totally randomized. I wanted to ignore the negative parts of that song, though. :)
  • I've used the "Detective" role a few times now and this was the first time that it actually survived long enough to get results out there! The results: never seeing anything in four straight nights.
  • People think I'm a troll! I just like to subvert expectations.
  • The fakeclaims on day 1 were great. I totally didn't understand Allen making one, though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This game never really picked up momentum and that was a bummer. I'm sorry :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

This game never really picked up momentum and that was a bummer. I'm sorry :(

Hey, it's okay. I appreciated Murmur making a big effort and then she died for it. There were more personalities in this game that generally react to discussion rather than ignite it, but we still made it through without me needing to replace anybody or even outwardly scold people. Discussion was light but nobody hard-lurked.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mafia really did kill the data plan on my phone.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm disappointed in you, town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

[*]KB hating his song made me sad because it's my favorite song that anybody got for their flavor.

Haha, sorry about this. Tell you what, maybe it is one of those songs that will grow on me, I'll try listening to it again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I blame Pmom for this loss btw. If he wasn't obsessed with killing me when he's a vig or scum, I would have been here to save the day. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, Poque, I appologize. I just didn't give it a fair shot and was jealous of all the people with good songs that I knew. But this is actually a good song.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Seriously guys? How could you possibly think that was a good idea? This was completely winnable. Man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
'I think he's scum, vote.' 'Okay sounds good, vote.'

gently caress

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

'I think he's scum, vote.' 'Okay sounds good, vote.'

gently caress

It must hurt to know that you could have won the game if you just jumped on instead of playing properly and waiting for everyone to get their say in.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

It must hurt to know that you could have won the game if you just jumped on instead of playing properly and waiting for everyone to get their say in.

yeah it does.

Seriously there is no reason to throw your vote down in lylo before everyone has spoken.

I should have been much more vocal this game, I should have fought for Murmur.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

In short, I am still Bad at Mafia.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This was a fun game poque.
i really wish we could have cultivated a no scum team exists environment for longer, if opop hadnt happened to be the plorp target day 1 we would have withheld the kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Opop what was your logic in claiming a Billy song with an Elton alignment or whatever it was? Shouldn't you just have given us a normal fake claim?

• Locked thread