Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I feel like I'm in too many games, but none of them is ever running.

So I'll join this one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

this post is my post

OK. I have less games to follow now. I'm in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

great i rolled vt again

I'm excited that I did. First time in ages.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

KB let's have an in thread masonry nobody else is allowed to read.

How about that Opop? More like poop!

Sounds good to me.

Maple syrup flavored.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Yay I got a sillier song (that I actually enjoy quite a bit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuMWrfXG4E

I'm jealous of your song. Want to switch?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gah, everyone got better songs!

Poque hates me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZRRd4bW91c

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Elton John is scum obviously

rofl

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I know you are just playing, but just in case:

Poque posted:

Flavor for 13 town players was created and randomized into the town setup. The remaining flavors have been given to any non-town as fakeclaims. As such, flavor arguments are dumb as they are neither exclusive to town nor do they indicate power roles.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Elton John is scum obviously

Actually, omg.

I think AN really scum slipped here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hahaha. Is this Poque's idea of a fun joke?

I'm Elton John aligned vanilla. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Death to Billy Joel!

##vote AN

hahahahaha, this is so loving hilarious.

##vote AN

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh god, wait, what if there is no scum and we just lynch until one side has no more :stare:

I think N1 will answer this question for us. If there is a nightkill, then a scum team still exists. Maybe Elton scum and Joel scum?

There are an odd number of players, so there can't be an even division of Elton John and Billy Joel though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque is such a troll.

Flavor doesn't matter! Now I'll make your factions flavor based!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh no poque what have you done

Are you with Elton, or are you with Joel?

I need to know if I'm your enemy.

rofl.

This is so hilarious, I'm dying.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal is 3p!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Technically claiming your faction isn't the same as claiming your flavor. I mean, normally everyone would just say town, but since there are more than one town faction we might as well get it out there. I mean, I think enough of us have claimed that I can figure out the others anyway, so I don't see the harm at this point. It's silly to fight against it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But if we want flavor, I'm sugar bear! ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I get the same read on Somber that some of you do. But I've been personally responsible for his day 1 death in two games in a row now, so I'm giving him a free pass today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I still have my doubts that scum even exist.

I know people are skeptical of this, but I'm not assuming anything till we see a night kill. I would not put it past Troll Poque to not put any scum in here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

AN started town for me (reaction to two Town factions felt genuine) but I'm starting to question that read.

Those reactions were amazing if she is scum. Right now she is totally town for me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Opop

He's not on my team and he's a miller. Feels good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

I would vote KB for these posts as well.

Please elaborate on each.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Wait are people still not lunching me out of pity ;~;

Yes. I want you to make it to day 2 this time. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You seem to be over thinking my vote to a tremendous degree.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

Quote 1 : I don't agree with the idea of giving someone a free pass because you feel sorry for them. Either he is your scumbuddy and you are looking for an easy reason to avoid casing/voting him, OR you know he is town(because you are scum) and are coming up with a justification you can fall back on when somber flips town/your alignment comes into question. It is kind of WIFOMy, I will admit it, but something about you agreeing with people that he is scummy but completely avoiding him gives me a bad feeling.

We give people free passes who are playing their first game with us, I don't know why this would be any different. It's only a day. I think you are reading way too much into this and I don't think either of your scenarios is plausible.

Rurea posted:

Quote 2: Totally Town :raise: I don't understand how you came to that conclusion without some other knowledge.

You can honestly read those reactions, paying attention to the timestamps, and think that those are scum reactions? I was there in the moment and it was real. Not sure how you aren't seeing it.

Rurea posted:

Quote 3: Miller vote is a safe vote.

I 100% agree with you on this. In a game where we aren't yet sure what is happening that seems like a really good idea to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Miller is a safe vote" was I'm pretty sure intended as a criticism.

"It's a safe vote to make for scum"

I know it's intended as criticism. But I actually agree with it. It IS a safe vote. I can't disagree with her on that. It is why I placed the vote. :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sorry about the wrong pronoun in my last post, Rurea. Not sure where that came from.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

This is a bad post for KB. No one knows how the teams work. No one is saying their wins are mutually exclusive. It also establishes that you believe the miller claim!

:shrug: A scum team would probably know. And if there isn't one, I won't have voted out someone on my Elton John team. I'm speculating that since numbers are odd, if there wasn't any scum, Opop would be the odd man out. I think I do believe the miller claim.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

It's okay don't worry about it girlfriend! :j:

:)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My only problem with that is all of the most scummy people seem to be on my "team" right now. Look at everyone people are calling scum, they are all Elton's. Not a single Billy has been called out as scum yet, unless you count Opop, but I think Grandi is the only person calling Opop scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If there is a night kill tonight, I guess I'll start voting my team out one by one tomorrow based on that, but meh.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

People could be lying about their alignment, you know.

Well, scum would be lying of course. But their fake claims would still be divided into the proper teams I imagine.

The numbers work out. There are 6 billys, 6 eltons, and Opop.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was wrong, there is one Billy that's been called out. AN. But I disagree with that one as scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok. Maybe there is a second Billy scum then. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

I'm confused, why not ignore the teams and scumhunt. I don't care about scumhunting in my team or the other one. But:

MMT is very honest so far this game, CPig is unreadable, PMom seems to be jumping to a lot of correct conclusions, Rurea wouldn't interact with me as he has as scum, and AnonNarc isn't being her scummy self that I saw half a game ago or whatever.

I assume there is a reason for the teams even if I don't know what it is. And I'd rather my team not lose?

Can you point me to Pmom's lots of correct conclusions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

The win conditions are 'Win when threats to EJ/BJ are gone', right? There's nothing stopping us from pooling all our collective scumhunting to doing both of those simultaneously.

If you ask me to pick the four scummiest players right now it would be: Hal, Grandicap, CPig and KB

My personal win condition is all threats to Elton John eliminated. For all I know, Billy's are considered threats.

Right now my top scum would be Asiina, Hal, Somber.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

The one right above my post is what I was referring to. He concluded that your post in chaining a lot of cuddles on your own team simply because they're the team mostly suspected in-thread is scummy. There's no logical reason to forego your own scumhunting in lieu of someone else's just because the game is confusing.

Uhhh. That is ONE conclusion. That is not a LOT of correct conclusions.

This reads false to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

This is a false assumption. Without claiming it, what is your role, KB? Do you not believe that the other team might have the same role on it?

I've already claimed it. Vanilla. I was responding to a post that PinMom made about being Vanilla which I realize in hindsight might have been made before the game started.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To expand on that. Since I'm vanilla, yes, I was making assumptions about how possibly both teams are filled with vanilla's who are just going to hunt each other as scum when there aren't any. The one weird thing in that is Opop's miller claim. If he really flips miller/if there is a night kill, I'll know that there are actually power roles and scum in the game and operate from that position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

I agree. I don't think the two win conditions are in direct conflict with eachother. It doesn't tell me anywhere that Elton John is a threat to me or Billy. It just says when all threats are gone, I win. Who is to say Billy and Elton don't have the same threats?

And who's to say that they do?

That is the point. We don't know. I am not assuming I am right about anything until we see a flip/nightkill.

• Locked thread