Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Well I'd also love Radiation Vibe but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Kaboobi posted:

I mean, it's honestly the only choice if you're going to license a song from them in 2020

Shocked at where Radiation Vibe landed

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

barnold posted:

that list feels weird because i would have assumed that Hackensack would be #2 by a long shot, but it's Hey Julie. around here, we only ever got Stacy's Mom and Hackensack on the radio

Hey Julie was on an episode of Scrubs so I assume that's why it got The Bump.

As a music-video-game fan, I understand WHY it's Stacy's Mom, but let me also tell you could put together a banger five-pack with just the track ones from their albums (Radiation Vibe-Utopia Parkway-Mexican Wine-Somebody To Love-Summer Place)??? I miss wishcasting Rock Band DLC.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

zenintrude posted:

Shocked at where Radiation Vibe landed

The first album was critically acclaimed but it sold like 100x less than Welcome Interstate Managers.

Valley Winter Song is their best song so I'm glad it's up there though.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Deathlove posted:

Hey Julie was on an episode of Scrubs so I assume that's why it got The Bump.

As a music-video-game fan, I understand WHY it's Stacy's Mom, but let me also tell you could put together a banger five-pack with just the track ones from their albums (Radiation Vibe-Utopia Parkway-Mexican Wine-Somebody To Love-Summer Place)??? I miss wishcasting Rock Band DLC.

yeah it’s not 2008 anymore :(

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Kaboobi posted:

yeah it’s not 2008 anymore :(

Sixteen just held such better days...

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Has someone made some mega list of which songs are purchasable on RB3 vs RB4 that's easily serchable? afaik if I buy them in game on 4 they don't just get added to my xbox account for download on 3 so I have to go and use 3 to buy the songs there and those automatically show up in 4. Would be nice to quickly check which songs are "safe" to buy in 4.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

everything on this list before October 2015 I guess: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The metal on the stock RB4 pedal is just plastic made to look metal. I found this out when I literally tore my pedal in half with use.

I was looking at this as a possible fix and was wondering if anyone else had suggestions or ideas. Also I will need recommendations for a soldering gun/iron and maybe tips as I've literally never used one before. But, this might also give me the ability to repair my cymbals as one of them had a wire detach so two birds one throne.

I was initially wanting to use a full actual pedal and pad to hit but not only do I think that's beyond my capabilities, the drums already take up too much loving space so that would only exacerbate the matter.

https://www.instructables.com/Drum-Pedal-conversion-for-Rock-Band/

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Downloading and installing all my DLC on the Series X looks to be a much smoother process than it was on the Xbone X. It still has to install my 600 songs one at a time so it'll take a while, but at least this time it hasn't brought the entire Xbox OS to its knees. This is the most impressive next-gen system feature I've seen yet. :v:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

DMorbid posted:

Downloading and installing all my DLC on the Series X looks to be a much smoother process than it was on the Xbone X. It still has to install my 600 songs one at a time so it'll take a while, but at least this time it hasn't brought the entire Xbox OS to its knees. This is the most impressive next-gen system feature I've seen yet. :v:

They must have fixed that in an update. It took 3 times and a lot of freezes to get mine downloaded when the SeriesX was new.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
The series X is life changing as a RB4 addict. I don't have to plan 30 minutes ahead because everything loads instantly. There's no down time between songs. I got mine about a month ago and the dlc process for 1700+ songs, while still taking a couple hours, went very smoothly and didn't require me to babysit the console. It's a dream.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Dr Zaius posted:

The series X is life changing as a RB4 addict. I don't have to plan 30 minutes ahead because everything loads instantly. There's no down time between songs. I got mine about a month ago and the dlc process for 1700+ songs, while still taking a couple hours, went very smoothly and didn't require me to babysit the console. It's a dream.

would be amazing if they added rock band 1,2,3,B,G,L to the backwards compatibility; seeing as we have an adaptor.

(would be more amazing if they somehow used a customs compatible version of 3 in such case)

edit: maybe the power of series x would allow rock band 1 to not run 2fps or whatever went on whenst substantial dlc
is detected

Butterflysmasher fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 3, 2021

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I was initially wanting to use a full actual pedal and pad to hit but not only do I think that's beyond my capabilities, the drums already take up too much loving space so that would only exacerbate the matter.

It's actually really easy. The RB pedal just sends an OPEN or SHORT up to the main unit through a mono stereo cable; to replicate this you get a cable of your own and a pair of magnetic security doohickys for doors and windows that also show as being OPEN or SHORT when they're close together. You tape them to the real pedal so that when you press it all the way down they activate, and deactivate when the pedal raises back up.

The wire and sensors are a couple of bux, a real bass pedal and a practice pad to attach it to will probably be in the neighborhood of ~200, but they'll also last effectively forever. There are plenty of tutorials on what kind of sensors to buy, but if you can work a screwdriver then you can build this 'mod' :)

Unrelated, but since the thread seemed pretty Electric Six-friendly, they're doing another streaming concert in about a week, can get tickets for :10bux: at electricsix.com

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Where do you buy little electronic doohickies now that Radio Shack is officially dead?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Look up 'security contacts', places like Home Depot carry them or Amazon or similar. Something like this. Just look up a Rock Band tutorial first, some of them show OPEN when they're close together, other kinds show SHORT and I don't remember which one RB drums uses to designate <pedal_down> vs <pedal_up>

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Where do you buy little electronic doohickies now that Radio Shack is officially dead?

Mouser?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Upgraded my kit with some new Roland toms yesterday, and proceeded to beat YYZ pro expert for the first time. I run my drums through a separate monitor as well, so I get both game audio and actual drum audio. Really adds to the experience.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

this thread got necro'd on a day where they actually announced good dlc, that never happens

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/1397190817417252867

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

and lol

https://twitter.com/tomsguide/status/1397135465468289025

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Kinda makes me glad I never made the jump from RB3 to 4. Had a PS4 when RB4 came out and didn't want to lose all my DLC from the 360 version, so never made the switch.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Enos Cabell posted:

Kinda makes me glad I never made the jump from RB3 to 4. Had a PS4 when RB4 came out and didn't want to lose all my DLC from the 360 version, so never made the switch.

I mean, the adapters were available for multiple years for cheap and in ready supply. then they stopped getting made

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I wonder if anyone has reversed engineered one and figure out how to make one. Or is there too many proprietary protocols, obfuscation, and :filez: involved that makes it so that no one wants to touch it?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Kaboobi posted:

I mean, the adapters were available for multiple years for cheap and in ready supply. then they stopped getting made

I'm just glad I picked up an extra midi pro adapter for both ps4 and 360 when they were dirt cheap years ago.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Edward IV posted:

I wonder if anyone has reversed engineered one and figure out how to make one. Or is there too many proprietary protocols, obfuscation, and :filez: involved that makes it so that no one wants to touch it?

the guy who made the roll limitless adapters tried and couldn’t do anything without a microsoft auth chip due to the way it repeatedly pings the system, which is why his adapters make you go through an RB2 drum kit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/jbq0nh/why_has_nobody_reverse_engineered_the_pdp/

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Upgraded my kit with some new Roland toms yesterday, and proceeded to beat YYZ pro expert for the first time. I run my drums through a separate monitor as well, so I get both game audio and actual drum audio. Really adds to the experience.

Hell yeah, having a drum monitor is so much fun to play with! I'm glad I run RB on Playstation so I never had an issue getting a MIDI adapter but I did finally put mine away to save it and bought a Roll Limitless and it works really well!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pitre posted:

Hell yeah, having a drum monitor is so much fun to play with! I'm glad I run RB on Playstation so I never had an issue getting a MIDI adapter but I did finally put mine away to save it and bought a Roll Limitless and it works really well!

Nice setup! Is that the TD17 kit? I've been steadily replacing all my Alesis pads/controller with Roland stuff and now I regret not spending the extra initially.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Thank you! It's a TD-25KV kit. I'm not a pro by any means but I do know music from playing guitar/bass for 28 years. Rockband actually showed me that I enjoyed the hell out of drums and I was able to naturally disconnect all of my arms and legs to perform the job and hold a steady beat. My dad passed away two years ago and I had a little money inherited so I splurged to try to feel better about life. It is an awesome kit but probably overkill for a home player.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’m starting to think RB5 is not coming anytime soon guys

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

big if true

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I desperately want that kind of drum setup but at this point the adapter (or rebuying everything on the playstation) costs as much as the ekit.

Make more adapters, cowards.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think harmonic is on borrowed time, how many studios can go thirteen years without a big hit

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Activision running both plastic instrument and Tony Hawk games into the ground as hard as they did makes Bobby Kotick 13 year old me’s greatest nemesis.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I'm honestly surprised we are still getting weekly DLC 14 years later...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Pleads posted:

I desperately want that kind of drum setup but at this point the adapter (or rebuying everything on the playstation) costs as much as the ekit.

Make more adapters, cowards.

Me: "Hm should I buy a $2800 ekit?"

The internet, on cue:

https://i.imgur.com/QavFXFv.mp4

(There is sound. She is good.)

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Is there still an IRC or Discord? I've been playin' again and missing my stupid internet friends.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Are other people's Rock Band Android app still working? Mine won't ever finish loading anymore.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

it's been busted for a couple weeks, they're looking into it according to their CMs on the discord

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

King Burgundy posted:

Are other people's Rock Band Android app still working? Mine won't ever finish loading anymore.

I meant to ask that here, I just assumed I had been kicked out of the PS4 group for some reason and it broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The app hasn't worked for me for years now