Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
C3 releases for March 6, 2015:

New! The Kinks C01 3-pack (Ollie)

The Kinks - "Lola" (Ollie ft.AddyMilldike)
The Kinks - "Waterloo Sunset" X (Ollie ft. columbo777)
The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"

New! Pop-Prog C01 3-pack

The Alan Parsons Project - "Sirius/Eye in the Sky" (BearzUnlimited)
Marillion - "Kayleigh" (Lowlander, Nunchuck, and Syngenysis)
Rush - "Superconductor" (Lowlander and farottone)

Fixes uploaded in the last week to previous C3 releases:

Akira Yamaoka - "Waiting For You ~ LIVE AT Heaven's Night": Fixed vocals pitches and timing

It looks bad because I don't know how to do formatting, sorry, pksage is on (un)paid leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Sir Tonk posted:

I dunno, half saying they own an xboxone seems pretty unlikely.

Half of the people, who own PS4 & X360. It is not that outlandish, when it is a group of mostly hardcore gamers.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 6, 2015

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Motherfucking finally! Lola! That whole Kinks pack is great.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Now that they're finally moving to the new consoles, I really need to get into the homebrew songs with my old 360. Y'all have put up some really good stuff.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Sir Tonk posted:

Will the power of the XboxOne finally give us guitar straps?

I can't believe people are still hung up on this...

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

Will the power of the XboxOne finally give us guitar straps?

Brocktoon posted:

I can't believe people are still hung up on this...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/05/in-game-guitar-straps-will-not-be-in-rock-band-4.aspx

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
I hope Harmonix fired/killed whoever made the decision to lock certain clothing items behind doing pro goals.

It'd be nice if they made the animations a bit more vibrant like in RB2 as well, something about 3 just felt a bit stilted and off.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

farottone posted:

It looks bad because I don't know how to do formatting, sorry, pksage is on (un)paid leave.

It's about the music, not the text formatting. loving fantastic week, friends. These will be appreciated during my Rock Band party this weekend!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I wonder if they'll sell DLC clothing crap, people love paying for dumb hats. I was always surprised that they didn't in RB3.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

Crayfish posted:

I hope Harmonix fired/killed whoever made the decision to lock certain clothing items behind doing pro goals.

It'd be nice if they made the animations a bit more vibrant like in RB2 as well, something about 3 just felt a bit stilted and off.

Well now it don't matter 'cuz there ain't any pro instruments.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

It surprises me how few people in this thread seem to have current-gen consoles.

I understand why they're dumping some of the less used/more complicated features for RB4, but I'm super relieved to see that pro drums will make the cut. It'd have been hard to go back to just the four pads.

My dream is that HMX will work with the Harmonies Project dudes to add harmonies to the old DLC and disc songs since they're re-releasing them anyway. Those have added a ton of fun to classic songs.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Makes sense; they'd be more annoying to animate than hair with nowhere near the benefit.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I'm really pleased with the idea of making the game more of a platform that can be updated as the years go by instead of a game designed to eventually be replaced by a sequel. Did Microsoft change their policy on allowing developers to patch and update their games without paying huge fees? I know that was a pretty big stumbling block for a lot of games that came out in the last generation.

I had never planned on buying one of the new consoles, but I might have to be on the lookout for a cheap Xbone when this comes out. I was still holding out hope the game would come out on PC, but that was probably just a pipedream. It would have meant losing out on my DLC library, but I'll be keeping around my 360 for customs and keyboard support anyway.

Surlaw posted:

I wonder if they'll sell DLC clothing crap, people love paying for dumb hats. I was always surprised that they didn't in RB3.
They actually did, but it was mostly just T-shirts with band logos on them. They were buried in the in-game clothing section, so they were pretty easy to miss, and they weren't promoted like songs were.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I'd be more excited if my favorite songs were being converted over but RB3 is ignored once again.

Why'd you guys have to put stuff like Power of Love and the Doors on it? :negative:

EDIT: Also I don't own a Bone so there's that too.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
So if there's no pro instruments does this mean Pro Drums is out of RB4 too?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They're specifically continuing pro drums.

I mean, they've been charting for pro drums forever and only started using that data in RB3, there's literally no increase in effort. Plus if I remember this correctly the engine needs the data anyway for animations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm glad pro drums are staying, four pads normal is really boring now. Now they just need to have more double bass parts.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

My Lovely Horse posted:

They're specifically continuing pro drums.

I mean, they've been charting for pro drums forever and only started using that data in RB3, there's literally no increase in effort. Plus if I remember this correctly the engine needs the data anyway for animations.

It doesn't, it's the other way around for older songs, where they added pro drums using animations data.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait to play Dave Grohl's entire discography.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Mr E posted:

I'm glad pro drums are staying, four pads normal is really boring now. Now they just need to have more double bass parts.

If Pro Drums wasn't in it'd be a total no-sell to me.

DancinBrud posted:

It surprises me how few people in this thread seem to have current-gen consoles.

Why? PC gaming and Steam is doing a lot to erode the need for a specialized gaming box.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If Pro Drums wasn't in it'd be a total no-sell to me.

No Ion support would definitely lower my interest.

Calde
Jun 20, 2009
I'll buy an xbone for Rock Band 4. I never thought that'd be the killer game that would get me to choose a console from the tepid next-gen offerings but only because I thought fake plastic rock was dead.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Surlaw posted:

Watch RB4 be a free-to-play download title supported by DLC, non-DLC microtransactions, and the option to buy a Rock Band 4 Season Pass: free access to all future DLC for only $999!
Edit: also the final game is inexplicably labeled "early access" indefinitely.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Orange Harrison posted:

Rock Band 4 Season Pass: free access to all future DLC for only $999!

This would be a savings for some of us.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Real talk, if they don't offer a subscription model for DLC this time around that enables downloading/streaming when you pick the song from the song list, they're crazy (or limited by licensing). How much could they charge and get away with that? $20/mo?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

pksage posted:

Real talk, if they don't offer a subscription model for DLC this time around that enables downloading/streaming when you pick the song from the song list, they're crazy (or limited by licensing). How much could they charge and get away with that? $20/mo?
In a post-Spotify world, this is probably feasible from a licensing standpoint. However, the way they've described DLC carrying over would seem to rule that out, wouldn't it?

I suppose they could offer both a subscription and a la cart model, if the content was there either way. The porting of old DLC would benefit only the a la cart customers in that case.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"ugh my $20 this month went to lady gaga. unsubscribed :rolleyes:"

I could see why they wouldn't do that.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DancinBrud posted:

I dunno about you, but I usually can't justify dropping the cash for a new console unless it has at least five games worth playing on it. So far I have about 10 for my WiiU so I'm pretty happy with that, but everything that would have made me consider a Xbone/PS4 has also been released on PC, so right now, Rock Band 4 is literally the only reason I would buy either console.

Crayfish posted:

Oh my god, yes. Stupidest decision they ever made, the way money worked in RB2 was fine! Why just drop it entirely?! Why lock loving shirts behind ownership, and mastery, of expensive and rare instruments!?! What's the point!?!?

.... actually, is there a save file I could dupe into my game that would unlock everything? A lot of work has been done to get customs working nearly as well as official DLC, but has anything been done with save file manipulation? I know I would love to have all the options available to me when playing rockstar dressup.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Orange Harrison posted:

Watch RB4 be a free-to-play download title supported by DLC, non-DLC microtransactions, and the option to buy a Rock Band 4 Season Pass: free access to all future DLC for only $999!
Edit: also the final game is inexplicably labeled "early access" indefinitely.

I would probably go in with 4 other friends to buy this.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

.... actually, is there a save file I could dupe into my game that would unlock everything? A lot of work has been done to get customs working nearly as well as official DLC, but has anything been done with save file manipulation? I know I would love to have all the options available to me when playing rockstar dressup.

No idea on PS3 (and it's definitely doable on Wii) but on 360 save files are locked down to your profile so there's no easy way to copy them in that way.

EDIT: vv <3

The T fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 7, 2015

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Pretty sure the answer is no but I would really like this too.

E:F;B

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Oh my god, yes. Stupidest decision they ever made, the way money worked in RB2 was fine! Why just drop it entirely?! Why lock loving shirts behind ownership, and mastery, of expensive and rare instruments!?! What's the point!?!?

It certainly has been weird getting achievements like, four years in here and finally unlocking this or that.

Does anybody have a better suggestion than Party Buffalo for doing batches of songs onto a single USB? I've been trying to rebuild my collection after another USB stick crapped out and Party Buffalo keeps crashing and corrupting songs, and as far as I can tell Explorer USB doesn't handle batches.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It certainly has been weird getting achievements like, four years in here and finally unlocking this or that.

Does anybody have a better suggestion than Party Buffalo for doing batches of songs onto a single USB? I've been trying to rebuild my collection after another USB stick crapped out and Party Buffalo keeps crashing and corrupting songs, and as far as I can tell Explorer USB doesn't handle batches.

Horizon.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

IUG posted:

"ugh my $20 this month went to lady gaga. unsubscribed :rolleyes:"

I could see why they wouldn't do that.

No, like...you don't own the DLC as it comes out, your subscription would give you access to the whole catalog. You could buy songs to own forever, or instead pay the $20/month to get access to the full catalog as long as your sub is active. I could still see people griping about new releases, but with the legacy catalog included, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
I've never used it before but there's at least something resembling this kind of option in some karaoke game on the 360. It's not an autorenewing sub or anything but it is paying for timed access to DLC rather than owning it as far as I understand.

quote:

How much does it cost?
You can try Karaoke for Xbox 360 for free by singing one of the free songs. To sing all songs available in your territory, Karaoke Passes may be purchased using Microsoft Points, in blocks of 2 hours (240 Points), 6 hours (400 Points) or 30 days = 720 hours (1600 Points).

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
edit: whoops, missed Laserface's response. Nevermind

----------

With the new version coming out, I wonder if this means the 50% sale/price-drop on pre-RB3 songs will finally end this year or not. :ohdear:

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 7, 2015

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Yechezkel posted:

With the new version coming out, I wonder if this means the 50% sale/price-drop on pre-RB3 songs will finally end this year or not. :ohdear:

My guess is they'll stay $1 on the previous-gen stores but the re-released versions will be $2.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

pksage posted:

No, like...you don't own the DLC as it comes out, your subscription would give you access to the whole catalog. You could buy songs to own forever, or instead pay the $20/month to get access to the full catalog as long as your sub is active. I could still see people griping about new releases, but with the legacy catalog included, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I know, my point is that someone would hate a week or a few weeks in a row's release of DLC, and then unsubscribe.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

IUG posted:

I know, my point is that someone would hate a week or a few weeks in a row's release of DLC, and then unsubscribe.

But then you lose access to everything else too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Yeah, the target demo for a subscription service isn't the people following weekly DLC, it's "I want a lot of songs and I want them now!"