Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The studio version is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Apparently the old PS2 instruments will work on the PS4. I think I still have those somewhere!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm probably going to get the game because freestyle vocals sounds fun. But no online play makes me sad.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It's true. The drums from the loving PS2 version of Rock Band 1 work on the PS4. Amazing.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The part of the game where you play the game still works. Freestyle vocals are pretty cool, you get thin lines on the staff for each note of the chord. As long as you hit one of them, or the actual note (which is not necessarily the same thing) then you get points. Which means you can get 100% by just droning the same note for the whole phrase, if you want. Exciting!

Everything else seems like it was hilariously rushed to get out before Guitar Hero. Either that, or the budget was even lower than I thought, which would just be depressing. Also, I couldn't get to the DLC store or leaderboards at all last night, even in Blitz on PS3.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Skeezy posted:

I just bought the Guitar bundle for the PS4 and some universal mic but I'm curious, would my wired headset work fine or do I need the separate mic?

I tried out a USB headset and it works fine.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It might just be me but the entire rap vocals section in "Rapture" is broken. It doesn't register any sound at all.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Alakaiser posted:

Just to make sure - "doesn't register any sound at all" means that you're unable to get any credit on the phrase, right? As opposed to like, the audio for the actual vocals drops out or something weird.

Yeah, it happened in tour mode on PS4, I restarted the song and it happened again. 0% on everything, even though the pitch arrow was showing up. But I just went back in quickplay and tried, and it worked fine. And I can't seem to go back to that point in tour mode to try again. So I don't know.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

No, if you miss on one of the random drum fills, you lose your streak.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Can't speak to PS but those have shown 2 separate items in the stores as well, I thought.

No, it's just one item and you get the license for each platform.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I was playing drums and Dream Genie came up, so I just stopped playing midway through the song and let no-fail take care of it.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

Also they announced that they're going to look into bringing over RBN tracks after they have the exports and other DLC edge cases sorted out.

Even if it's a PS3-style 5 or 10 songs a week starting with the most popular ones to carry over the most popular few hundred I'd be very happy.

As long as "Bodies" is on the list I don't care.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

The Hollies – “Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)”

It's nice to have "Oh, THAT song" moments again.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

You can take screenshots on PS4.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

flyboi posted:

Are vocals just really broken on this game? If I play any song on hard the little arrow thing ends up spazzing out quite a lot even if you carry a straight note which makes passing songs pretty much impossible.

I just got the "5-star every song on expert" trophy entirely on vocals, so I would say they are not broken.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The numbers don't lie.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Orgophlax posted:

I'm pretty sure PS3 instruments don't need an adapter since PS4 uses the same blutooth, no?

Yeah, it's all straight-up compatible with the PS4. Even the old PS2 instruments still work.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Good

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

We're all stars now, at the dope nose

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I won pksage's silly contest a few weeks ago, so now I have a PS4 code for the Gin Blossoms songs that I don't really want. Shoot me a PM if you do, first come first serve.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

jujojoh posted:

I am on my phone and have a no idea how to PM :(

I'll just post the codes. Enjoy, whoever.

2TDJ-MCN9-QM8L
TLG2-4KN2-JEPN

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I think the DLC is good.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It took a few days for RB4 to recognize RB3 for me, so don't panic if it doesn't work right away.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I've never had any problems using the PSN store but I've used the web store to buy most of my songs.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Any pedal should work fine. I have one from the PS2 version of RB1!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Bring Me To Life is a great song.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

When is Bodies going to be made available in RB4?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Is the October DLC just the Rivals preorder songs? I thought "Save Tonight" was one of them.

Looks that way, but there were only 10 pre-order songs.

Or maybe they're just listing the pre-order songs in addition to the actual DLC, which is still 2 per week. That would add up to 18.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 3, 2016

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The vocals engine in RB4 is such an improvement over the previous games that it made the whole game worth it to me.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Btw is anybody handling our PS4 crew?

I made one this morning if nobody else has yet.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Just send me a friend request and I'll invite you to the PS4 crew. SteakOnDmitri

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Can somebody tell me how I can download my Rock Band Rivals pre-order on PS4?

There are no instructions anywhere on how to do this. This is so goddamn frustrating, I have been trying to download and play this poo poo for two days now

It automatically downloaded mine on Saturday. Maybe try the web store? If you pre-ordered through there then there should be a "Download to your PS4" button.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I went in and approved people for Team Normals on PS4. Still a few spots left if there's anyone else out there who wants to join.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

adhuin posted:

Has anyone played Judas Priests "Painkiller" recently on RB4? (Rivals for xbox one, if that matters)

I just barely finished it on vocals, thanks to talkie parts not working at all. Regular singing parts were ok, but I got 0 points/power for any talkies.
Is this a known problem?

I have had this happen once in a while, seemingly at random. If you end your setlist and go try the song again it will probably work.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I opened up the thing and there were 14 membership requests. Everyone wants to be Normal!

I approved the people who posted in here and there's one spot left All gone. We're full!

P.S.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 23, 2016

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

Speaking of vocals, I'm having an embarrassing amount of trouble with Iggy Pop/The Stooges songs on expert. I can FC Lust for Life and The Passenger on hard, but as soon as I bump it up to expert everything goes to hell. :saddowns:

The Stooges songs are even worse, because most of Iggy's vocals on those really should've been charted as talkies., especially on I Wanna Be Your Dog.

Now try some Soundgarden and report back.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Really the hardest song to sing in Rock Band is Any Punk Rock Song.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hey look, a new patch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ixnay posted:

HMX announced on their forums that they are moving to a new release schedule.

The same thing will happen next week, with DLC released on both Tuesday and Thursday, and then after that DLC will be announced on Tuesday and released on Thursday.

I guess that's why the weekly challenges start on Thursday and end on Tuesday. I thought that was weird.