Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

suddenlyissoon posted:

You 360 --> PS4 people sure are salty. Not nearly as salty as the kids at neogaf though.

Not salty I just dont want to buy another whole console so I might just start over on PS4. I understand why I cant have my DLC from my 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Orange Harrison posted:

RB3 has an export key. It's machine-printed on the back of the instruction manual, just like RB2. Hell, even The Beatles: Rock Band had an (unused) export key printed.
The codes are actually just to individually identify each physical copy of the game, but in the event of exporting, can be used to confirm that only one export-per-disc is performed.

Straight from an article:

"Due to licensing restrictions, Rock Band 3’s on-disc music will also not be available in Rock Band 4, though Harmonix told IGN that it’s possible that a deal could be reached in the future for this to happen. Songs from The Beatles: Rock Band will also not be making the leap to Rock Band 4."

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I hope there's an export solution for people who bought RB3 as a downloadable game, I don't have my physical copy anymore.

Excited to see the new character creator and find out if they've dropped keyboard support or what.

Keyboards are gone.

I just posted this:

Due to licensing restrictions, Rock Band 3’s on-disc music will also not be available in Rock Band 4

E: whoops you said digital.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The GHTV thing is interesting to me and a new button layout. For someone who doesn't have a ton of time to play it's appealing.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

pksage posted:

Famous older/slightly older songs: Paint it Black, Guerrilla Radio, Breaking the Law, Cowboys from Hell, Chop Suey!, Higher Ground

Famous/radio-played modern songs: Gold on the Ceiling, Light Em Up, When You Were Young, Ho Hey, Na Na Na (arguably), Left Hand Free

I would agree that the rest of them are niche/obscure, or at least represent non-mainstream genres. It's also very, VERY possible that I'm just out of touch and don't know what the kids like. Several of the songs I didn't know had 10M+ YouTube views.

Most the modern songs are extremely popular. The disappointing thing is that most of those artist have songs that fit GH way better but they just chose the most popular song.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

toymach1ne posted:

Was walking down Queen St. W (When the MMVA's were happening) Saw PSY do a soundcheck and further down the street Ed Sheeran. Dude is super talented, not my thing, but nothing wrong with the kid.

My wife saw him in concert and said he layers his music while he's playing it to create his sound which sounds pretty cool but like you it's just not my thing.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Whoops double post

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Sweet more Killers songs hopefully that means DLC in the future also.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

pksage posted:

This is genuinely news to me, which is why I made the points that I did. I was under the impression that this generation was selling sluggishly, mostly because of mobile but also because of backwards compatibility and overall fatigue with the console release cycle. I'd be happy to be wrong, because it means a higher chance of success for RB4, which means more DLC for us! :shobon:

Both PS4 and Xbox One are outpacing last generation at the moment.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The 34 downloadable tracks is kind of a lot for a preorder. I was going to wait and see so it kind of sucks.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Have they said if GHTV is going to be free or a paid service? If it's free it's really appealing to me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Guitar Hero TV interests me more then either set list and all my DLC is on Xbox so nothing Harmonix has shown has me even considering buying the same insturments I owned on 360 just updated for the next gen for the ridiculous price they want.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

toymach1ne posted:

you know it's sad but trueeeee

I still appreciate your Guitar Hero posts Mr Toymach1ne.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Van Halen was the big announcement? That's extremely meh.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Considering that tons of people gave up on plastic instrument music games they have to do something to get people to buy even more of their poo poo.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Their going to need that money when RB4 is a sales flop. Not one of my friends who likes Rock Band wants to touch it with the lack of compatibility with some instruments. :(

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I haven't wanted to speak up here, as the discussion has been positive, but there's just no reason for me to get RB4.

Don't own or want an Xbox One.
Don't own a PS4, not enough games to justify it when..
Went with PC this generation
The instrument I play is an Alesis DM-6
I want to learn the keys part one day

RB4 is a literal downgrade that requires an unnecessary (for me) equipment upgrade. I hope they patch in drum support, but even then I've been very spoiled by customs.

If new DLC works with RB3 I'll still buy that, I support Harmonix (will never give Activision a dollar after GH3).

I just don't see much incentive to buy in on a next gen system when I can still play every instrument on last gen.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just bought a used copy of Lego Rock Band for DS for $3 at a second hand store. No idea if it's any good but I figured it was worth a shot.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The thing people care about is that the last game they played had these features and now the new one doesn't. That's not a great way to sell your game. With his argument we should have been ok when NHL 15 was released last year with half of the game modes from last gen. Not really enticing to spend $60 to have less of a game then last gen.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

TrojanNemo posted:

That's where you're wrong. It's not enticing to you. It's perfectly enticing for me and the other hundreds of thousands who are buying RB4. And some of us are spending much more than $60.

And yes, I used the word remove because in the case of my tools, I did remove features. But within the context of RB4, nothing is being removed. If when you get the game on Tuesday harmonies from RBHP were not there, then you can complain that they removed something that they used to get you to preorder. Anything that's not in and you assumed was in, well, that's not their problem.

Whatever I care about that is not in, I'm happy knowing they will most likely patch it in in the future.

It's not just me and whether it's fair or not that's how a lot of people will view it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

pksage posted:

I don't know. Maybe I have Stockholm syndrome, but even after all of these disappointments (including not making the Road Crew), I'm still very excited for RB4. The livestream they did yesterday, even though it was just regular gameplay and nothing special, really stirred the ol' "press butan, hit jims" juices. Rock Band will never stop being a fun social experience and a rewarding single-player score-chasing thing, unless they gently caress up something WAY bigger than the minor gaffes in RB4.

More than anything, what I'm upset about is how bad the PR and communication have been. That's one thing they COULD have done better and didn't -- missing features are a matter of resources, but some of the things they didn't communicate could have been fixed with a thirty-second tweet or one-hour blog post. I have nothing against Eric Pope, but constantly on the livestream people were asking questions and he was like "lol, i dunno". These last few months really needed a PR crew passionate about RB's gameplay and fine details (which is not the same as being a spergy Expert player!), and Harmonix doesn't have that.

More then anything my problem is cost for a new game when I could just go to my friends and play rock band 3 with every song except the 60 or so new ones. I would have to either buy an Xbox one plus the game or buy the game and instruments for ps4. Either way it's a big amount to just play some new songs when I have more gameplay options on the previous gen versions. Don't get me wrong I love rock band and use to play almost every weekend with friends but none of us want to either buy a new console or lose all of our DLC.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I've had zero problems with latency in GHTV. I'm having tons of fun with just chilling and playing whatever is next.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The main reason I like GHTV is because I switched consoles this generation so all my DLC is stuck on my XBOX account and I don't really want to pay $400 to play it all again. I understand why I cant but I just don't want to deal with that again down the line.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
My brain is trying to adjust to the split up and down cords with the new up and down buttons and man is it going to take some time to get use to. I feel like the first time I tried expert in GH1 and thought I was done because there was no way I could handle a fifth button.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Astro7x posted:

The thing I don't like about GH Live from the sound of it is that I like to play songs over and over again until I master them when playing solo, and I would have reservations about doing that at essentially 14 cents per each time to master as song on expert that I don't own.

I mean I have only played maybe 3 hours and already have 40 credits. It might slowdown at some point and I'm not big on replay to perfect a song so it's not as big a deal to me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Michigan. I've never been charged tax before on Amazon. Ever.

I just noticed this as well in Michigan, gently caress this forever.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

TrojanNemo posted:

But my wife loves playing Rock Band with me, and we both hoped the kid would join our band?

I'm having a kid in 3 months, I'm binge playing every game I can right now.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I got to say all of the kids playing instruments is really cute and awesome.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Hello thread, I have a quick question. I am thinking about rebuying a 360 to play Rock Band again. Back in the day I did an export of Rock Band 1 and 2 into Rock Band 3. If I reacquire Rock Band 3 would it still be possible to get all the songs from 1 and 2 to play with 3? I remember you had to purchase some sort of export license and I’m guessing it’s still tied to my account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Pirate Jet posted:

For Rock Band 2 you can go into your download history on your Xbox 360, locate the RB2 export pack, and just hit redownload and you’re good to go. Rock Band 1 may be more complicated because they didn’t do a download, they did some kind of weird disc-ripping method because they didn’t plan on disc exports being a thing at first. You may need to try to track down a copy of RB1 to be able to do so, but the good news is that because you already bought the export, you can use any copy of RB1, even one that’s not your own.

My friend has a copy of RB1 so I should be good to go. Thanks for the info.