Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

I'm probably in. I do wonder though, right now they have said that "all" (and we know that it is going to be the majority, but not all) of the previously purchased songs will become available, at no extra charge to users who bought it all in the first place. I wonder if that means somehow through voodoo magics it might mean that "Hey, RB4 is your first foray into plastic guitar games? Then here, for $100 get the on disk tracks from RB1, RB2, LRB and all previous DLC is half price."

It'd be really nice to get the majority of the first 3 CDs in some kind of discounted pack. All my RB poo poo from 2 and 3 was on the Wii so I'd be starting out at square one on the PS4. Overall I'd really love to get back into doing Rock Band, especially in a new apartment, but if it just takes too much money to get the previous base content then it would really not be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

initial new ideas are alright but lol at the loving awful preliminary artists they listed. what's going to make or break this is the tracklist and Guitar Hero is already losing that battle against the entire past library being brought back to RB4.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

doesn't surprise me, polygon constantly makes people who hate "X genre" review said games and the end result reeks of poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

If I buy this for PS4, how would I get RB2+3 tracks on it? I used to play RB2+3 on my Wii. I can't imagine ever playing RB4 without the setlists from those CDS, if there isn't a way to just download those then I won't bother getting the new one

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thefncrow posted:

Getting RB2 on your PS4 would involve finding a copy of RB2 for the PS3 with an unused export code. Since those were redeemed via RB3, you'd also need to get/borrow a copy of that.

There is currently no announced way to get RB3 disc songs into RB4.

so basically I need to buy RB2, then RB3, then export all of RB2 to RB3 on my old PS3, then what? it's just tied to my account and shows up in RB4?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kabanaw posted:

The site used to generate RB2 export keys is down, so that's not possible anymore.

oh okay, nevermind. sounds like either way it'd be a huge waste of money.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man, if Centerfold isnt available to export then what is the point of RB4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TrojanNemo posted:

Speak for yourself bud, I hold a mean grudge. I'm still pissed at my father 20 years later.

he should have spanked you harder so you wouldn't be such a whiner about this music game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Shoes are baked into pants as "bottoms", hats are baked into hairstyles, and there's maybe two dozen or so of each.

this alone kind of makes it sound infinitely worse than RB3 or 2 and lazy as gently caress. also begging for manual codes just to get those old games exported seems so loving bad. did they really not foresee that problem way in advance? it sounds like so much poo poo just doesn't carry over correctly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beelzebozo posted:

Quick, name one rhythm game about which this statement cannot be made!

yeah but theres a reason why this got said, it's because RB4's setlist is poo poo compared to 2 or 3 hth

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

toymach1ne posted:

Here's the GHTV Schedule for those interested

https://www.guitarhero.com/game/ghtv

so channel 2 is confirmed for garbage tier. they should probably list the songs too, "sounds like rock" is really a retarded label to put on

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

I fixed it, have a new one:

Harmonix has come out and apologized. Hopefully heads will roll.

http://www.destructoid.com/-update-harmonix-employees-have-been-posting-reviews-of-rock-band-4-on-amazon-316870.phtml

lol your loving brain is broken

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

Looks like all 83 songs in RB3 will export?

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/658739534364962816

great so as a playstation user I'd have to buy a new copy for like, 90 loving bucks. how is it the year 2015 and this is the only method they came up with, jfc

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr E posted:

I found it for 30 used. There's no way for them to check used or new so

I thought the whole thing was "it MUST be new" because you'd need a manual or some poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr E posted:

I don't think all the manuals even have codes, I'm betting they'll use chievos to see if you've played or something.

poo poo if all I have to do is put it in my old ps3 and then have it connected to psn for ps4 that's actually not that much of a hassle

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

Because they haven't said word one except for constantly delaying it and not saying anything? "We added particles, you see guys! That was worth 8 months of delaying!" There's no indication that it will actually come out. They've constantly missed milestones.

They haven't added anything of worth to make the delay worth it. It just leads to questions like "Did they use the funds they raised on Amplitude to make Rock Band?" (Yes).

Not to mention that it's widely rumored that they pulled the entire staff off of Amplitude to work on Rock Band. How is that acceptable? Why is Rock Band more important? They shouldn't have kickstarted a game if they couldn't have made it without finishing Rock Band. It's shady.

why do you even give a poo poo when it's no secret you like guitar hero better anyway? are you autistic or is your brain just loving broken

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oh nevermind it's that retard

vvvv LOL wow what a goober

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 6, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that is really incredibly pathetic and sad. launching a kickstarter for a pc port for a title that already had problems with crossing older material over and didn't sell that well to begin with, plus any existing people won't be able to bring over their existing $200 or more song library DLC. lol hope you also like crowding around a computer monitor as opposed to whatever big screen setup you have for the console.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Orgophlax posted:

While I agree with all your other points, it's incredibly easy to hook a PC up to a big screen TV nowadays. Especially since they're using Steam, which has Big Picture Mode with full controller compatibility.

yeah it's probably not an issue for most tech-savvy people but the point there is: if you're just going to hook up to a big screen anyway and have people who want to play, why wouldn't you have already bought RB4. There's also the question of how controllers (instruments) might carry over from console to PC.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xamphear posted:

Are you new to this thread? There's like 160 pages of reasons why a bunch of us haven't bought RB4 yet.

why on earth would I want to read through that

TrojanNemo posted:

Welcome to the future. PCs can be played on your TV. Yes. Gasp. My gaming PC is connected to the same 4K TV my consoles are. All my PC games are played on my TV. What a day to be alive.

lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why even bother with the PDP partnership this late in the game when you've utterly flubbed so loving much.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

decided to buy this since my gf and I thought it would be a fun party game and I got the whole package for like 90 bux. I also bought the RB3 disc for my PS3 so I can export that poo poo over. What exactly do I need to do for that, just insert the disc and then PSN recognizes that I own the game when it starts up?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Orange Harrison posted:

Create a save file and calibrate your game so you get a trophy, that should be enough.

I don't need any RB3 controllers to do anything, right? I have no previous rock band stuff for either system so I'm hoping if the RB4 guitars and poo poo don't work I can use my PS3 controller.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there some loving convoluted secret to get the Store to work? no matter what I click to purchase it comes up with the same message, problem completing your purchase. I even tried buying something right out of the PSN store and nothing happens. What the gently caress, how is this game so loving bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

you know what? I gt my copy from amazon so I guess I'm one of the unlucky people who got hosed over hard. jesus loving christ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

There's RB DLC going back to the first No Doubt pack that was stemless, sorry. My point is it isn't a big deal and no body even realized in the first place except for people who are looking for something to bitch and moan about.

dude just shut the gently caress up, forever.

Is there any option in RB4 to revert old songs to like, the old solo structure? I was surprised that even Tom Sawyer replaces what I thought was a pretty well-known solo with the freestyle spaces.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Great, didn't expect there was actually an option to go back to the old stuff, thanks!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

How is Guitar Hero: Live doing? I thought the streaming stuff seemed like a neat idea.

it looked like a cool idea but jesus christ the song list is loving awful

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

well I'd get Stop from that list for GH2 nostalgia but that's it

where the gently caress is my Them Crooked Vultures pack or even QotSA Like Clockwork pack. gently caress I'd even take Eagles of Death Metal, it's a crime the one song they put in is one of their most boring

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if the songs for the future are as loving bad as they are now then no one will bother to get Rivals just for the new content.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that DropMix game seems like a tremendous money pit failure waiting to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

http://twitter.com/RockBand/status/842435806933454848

Pull Me Under! Free Will! Mother Mother (the song not the band)! That new Blink 182 song? Some other things I guess?

I'm assuming most if not all will be available as DLC on RB4. I've really missed a lot of these older songs since I couldn't transfer anything before RB3.