Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just got a free xbox one and I think all my old rock band dlc is the only exclusive i'm particularly interested in. is there some place to like get a guitar in good condition or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nah I gave that all away like 8 years and two cities ago. oh well

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

any recommendations as far as trying to get one in good condition? like things to look for if I find one at a gamestop

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so do we think this Fuser gimmick is gonna have any sort of gameplay depth or is it just gonna be a virtual dropmix freestyle mode

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

almost bit the bullet on a $230 guitar with my trumpbux but thought better of it at the last checkout screen

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok i ordered a guitar. kinda wanna get a mic stand and poo poo so i can do both but i’ll wait i guess. turns out i have just about 500 songs total

is the crew gimmick full of active people still

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 28, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think there are new ones outside of what you see on amazon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

impossible to get my computer to recognize the guitar connected by usb for more than like 3 seconds anybody have any tips for making firmware update work

edit nvm the third mini usb i tried seems to have worked

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 7, 2020

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

10 years is definitely not retro. 'inception' is not retro

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyone know if the new zealand trick works for ps4?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there a good way to browse the xbox dlc outside the in game store before it gets delisted

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a little surprised they're bothering tbh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's what i meant when i said i'm surprised they're bothering. who knows maybe harmonix insisted on making it a term of the sale or something

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

buried the lede

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1712051462610575600

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

xbox is apparently stopping usb compatibility with unapproved accessories this month so ymmv on those

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its a 'new live service game' accessed within fortnite. no idea how fully featured or mini- it will be except that some instrument skins options have been datamined. their stated goal is for fortnite to be a 'metaverse' hub for all their games so it is coming along with a lego game and rocket league racing and i would expect fall guys and rocket league might be moved there at some point

edit apparently theres a weeknd season pass so they are at least monetizing it like a game

oh yeah instrument skins are now part of the loadout for every fortnite character lol

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 3, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the eminem concert was yes demoing playable concerts and was part of the event that toured all three new services ie it dropped you into a rocket league race and had you do a flyover over a lego village

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

didnt expect instrument support and i'm sure they would have announced it by now but otherwise it does look like some fornite rock band blitz

https://twitter.com/FNFestival/status/1732414732869505378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIDSHW5tIrQ

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

instrument support next year apparently!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1733506946962268563

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vocals are one of the tracks you can play but unclear if instrument support means karaoke

anyway better outcome than expected when they got bought, I figured harmonix would just become an invisible contributor to fortnite concerts
if these games are/were ever gonna get popular enough for new instruments to be made id have to think tapping into the fortnite audience is the best bet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theres a jam mode that lets you gently caress around with loops like fuser

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hard to believe this is working out as well as it seems to be. some of the like meta-systems on top of the rock banding could afford to improve so youre not matched up with three random 14 year olds who quit before the first song loads or insist on switching to whatever instrument youre playing every time but

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theres a selection of free songs you can play that changes every day. if you want to play a song thats not among them you have to buy it. i think its like the guitar hero world tour model

real instrument support hasnt been added yet but i think early next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a bargain compared to the $550 the madcatz listings are on there