Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Activision is loving gross and tasteless and make games for idiots with no soul and never got what made Guitar hero 1 & 2 good

What I'm saying is Harmonix does what Activisiodon't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Agh, I miss Rock Band so much, what memories.

I sort of let it go after getting into a bad relationship, switched to Rocksmith to learn REAL GUITAR, and gave away the toy instruments (they were beat to hell anyway).

But drat if I don't miss playing with other people, the drums, etc.

Rocksmith is cool, but different. You can't just jump in and ROCK to new music.

Rock Band was just loving fun. Oh and they had A+ song choices, Rock Band probably defined my 00's in music taste, discovered so many new and old artists.

I'd still play it today if I had the instruments, but I don't even remember my Xbox login (it was a 360, I wonder if online even works).

Looking around, it seems Harmonix made an early attempt at VR and that killed off the company for good? Looks like even MadCatz went bankrupt. Instruments are apparently scarce, and can only be bought 2nd hand or off shady people on craigslist?

So anyway, my hope is maybe they announce something for the next generation of consoles?

I'd be there on day 1. I skipped this PS4/XBOX1 generation, but I've realized lately that my life really benefitted from the game, it was a good hobby. I had thousands of dollars in DLC, I wouldn't mind buying everything again for a new gen.

Somedays I'm working out or going somewhere and I hear songs I used to love in Rock Band and it just reminds me how much fun that was.

Please come back Harmonix

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I understand, I just hope that, maybe, Next Gen they announce a new run of instruments and an updated version of RB4... And I'd be down to rock.

Looking at their webpage, it's been 3 years since the last game release, and they're still hiring...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kaboobi posted:

they just put out audica and twitch sings in the last couple of months, dance central vr earlier this year, and there's an unannounced ncsoft funded game that I assume they're working on

So what you're saying is... there's hope

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

gtrmp posted:

This week's DLC for Ubisoft's real guitar game Rocksmith is its last, after nearly a decade of uninterrupted weekly song packs

(!)

That’s... probably not good ?

Maybe they’re gearing up for Rocksmith 2020? :unsmith:

Time to stock up on Rocksmith cables? I still play it every other week

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Beelzebozo posted:

Sorry this isn't strictly Rock Band related, but I'm posting here anyway because at this point I associate the song in question more with this video game series than anything else. A band that I like (and maybe-probably kumba likes too) released a stonking great cover of the best RB3 on-disc track. Perhaps some talented charter will custom it after Hamdix stop releasing official RB4 DLC, which if we're honest can't be far off now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73WTnRa0d6M

I like this

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I’m starting to think RB5 is not coming anytime soon guys

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

How many people are still playing RB to justify more DLC

I don’t get it, wouldn’t it justify maybe another instrument run, or at least the adapter or something to make it playable on new gen

Even Rocksmith got a new version

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Change thread title to "the most expensive peripheral you'll have to buy is that goddamn adapter that costs thousands of dollars at this point"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I thought we’d be in Rock Band 6 by now lol

gently caress Bobby Kotick

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

Lol if anyone has any expectations of Tim “my lawsuit against Apple is comparable to the fight for civil rights” Sweeney other than dissolving Harmonix into the 80-hours-a-week Fortnite machine like The Blob

Timmy realized his Epic store is way behind and trying to sue everyone in order to catch up, seems pretty transparent

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-16/apple-must-be-stopped-and-google-s-crazy-epic-games-ceo-says

“What the world really needs now is a single store that works with all platforms,” Sweeney said in an interview in Seoul on Tuesday. “Right now software ownership is fragmented between the iOS App Store, the Android Google Play marketplace, different stores on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch, and then Microsoft Store and the Mac App Store.” Epic is working with developers and service providers to create a system that would allow users “to buy software in one place, knowing that they’d have it on all devices and all platforms.”

And boy would it be sweet if it was my store, he thought. But everyone around him knew

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Oh. It appears this is what I'm after: https://yarg.in/

Alright sir you’ve got my attention. I’d love, love, love to play fake rock drums again. What kind of e-kit would I need to play with this, any idea? Is this the clone hero you guys keep talking about?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dewgy posted:

This is Clone Hero, which has basically perfect MIDI kit support: https://clonehero.net

If your e-kit can talk to a DAW it’ll work in Clone Hero.

Yarg is an open source alternative to CH, and as of right now also supports midi kits, but it’s currently a lot jankier.

Holy poo poo! That looks amazing, huh, I'm super down for it. Maybe I'll learn to drum the way I learned to play guitar with Rocksmith :sun:

Any e-kit recommendations? quick search shows Roland to have some nice models https://www.roland.com/us/products/td-07kv/

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

RIP Harmonix

https://www.shacknews.com/article/137965/fortnite-festival-release-date

"Fortnite Festival is a new music game where players can play in a band with friends or perform solo on stage with hit music by their favorite artists," reads the Epic Games website. "Built by Harmonix, the studio behind the iconic music game Rock Band, Festival marks the beginning of music gaming in Fortnite."

all the luck to Harmonix, eternal RIP in peace for RB

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

why didn't Drake play Guitar Hero instead of Fortnite :argh:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Holy poo poo

I'll never say a bad thing about Fortnite again if they revive Rock Band

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Stan Taylor posted:

New Rock Band game but it’s a mode in Fortnite is the single most monkey’s paw thing that’s ever happened to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Freakin awesome, now do drums! They're sold out here or Amazon is not showing me the price, dunno