Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Harry Privates posted:

So any guesses on setlist songs? Any huge songs that have come out since RB Blitz/End of DLC?

Maybe since Zep and Floyd are cool with Spotify now...we can get them for real.

They still won't let anyone near their masters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Here's hoping for the continued trouncing of the Xbone so by Black Friday you can get the console, the game, and a store gift card for like $200

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Orange Harrison posted:

I have one of those oddball HDCRTs. It's big-screen, and HD, but tube-driven (not rear-projection). It's p much the only way to play RB in HD with 0ms latency. More or less an enormous computer monitor.

What is your preferred brand of forklift?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

There aren't even masters for Don't Come Easy? That's the only Ringo solo track I know.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It's A Jungle Out There (Monk) oh and like a ton of other Randy Newman too

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I can understand no keyboards but how could there not be harmonies, that would be awful.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Dang their twitter is also being vague about "smaller team, smaller budget". I know the financial landscape has changed a lot but if they're at the point where they think "eh, maybe we don't need to bother doing harmony charts, who would really miss them?" that doesn't bode well.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

They might be able to convince me to buy new instruments because hey, new console, but that note and button layout can gently caress right off

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Edward IV posted:

With that new guitar and Harmonix's desire to maintain legacy DLC and instruments, it's very likely that neither game's instruments (or at least the guitars) will be cross compatible like they used to be. I hope whoever buys both games enjoys having even more plastic instruments cluttering up their living room. :haw:

This doesn't mean anything for the future of Rock Band instruments. As Gaspar Lewis points out, it means Activision didn't want to pay patent royalties to Harmonix any more. Hardware licensing might still be the stumbling block but there's no way Rock Band's note layout isn't the same.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Is it cool to bitch about the setlist? Because that looks loving terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

Hey, they won't have to worry about comparisons to the old games if they skew to people young enough to have never played them!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

I wanna know what the Rolling Stones song is so I can be super mad it's not in an actual good game.

Do they have a new album for their summer tour? Maybe it's from that :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

Good to see RB now has the entire Spin Doctors discogrophy

Jimmy Olsen's Blues :colbert:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Then wait till the game's released so we have a firmer grasp on what works and how.

I really, really don't want to buy an Xbone as well because I'd just upgraded my PC and the only console exclusives that even exist anymore are on WiiU and around once a year on PS4. That and I'm pretty sure the Kinect wants to steal my soul.

The Kinect is dead

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Kaboobi posted:

Legacy controller support confirmed!

PS3>PS4 will just work with the existing USB dongles, 360>Bone via a low cost dongle for purchase!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166037406&postcount=2499

Well, I guess all I need now is a super cheap holiday season deal on an Xbone

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I tried randos online for some achievements and it was horrible.
Typical player:
*picks same 3 metal songs*
*plays expert*
*fails*

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

DancinBrud posted:

Been hoping for "Easy Lover" forever! That song has a surprisingly rocking guitar part. Thanks!

Daryl Stuermer owns, check out the solo on Don't Lose My Number too

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

farottone posted:

And after you do that, you load up The Way We Walk Live, sit down, go through Firth of Fifth guitar solo and cry a tear of joy.

Was at the Turn It On Again Tour :coal:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

pksage posted:

Microsoft announced some backwards compatibility for the XB1 today, which is a small tick towards me buying an XB1 for this game. Alas, RB3 customs won't work, because the backwards version will be the On Demand (Mad Catz) one with Title Update #5, but it's still a nice bonus.

Rock Band 3 might not even be backwards compatible at all

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Orange Harrison posted:

Well, that's... uh... blunt.

First HDR bloom on the note track and now the ol' " all bad parts are the player's fault" PR strategy. Harmonix is hitting the ground running when it comes to penetrating the next console generation.
[/quote]

Also did I miss something or is the Xbone actually going up in price? The message I got from E3 was that from now on they were going to sell the console with a new controller, 1 TB drive, and Halo collection for $399. I don't care about more stuff, I want a lower entry fee.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

sout posted:

Perhaps, their new Elite Epic Gamerz Warriorz controller is like $150, but I don't know if they'd package that.

The basic controller is being slightly remade too isn't it? I thought the $150 monstrosity thing was just for the hardcore COD crowd.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

How is it a dick move, it's not like they are saying "haha you have to buy another one". There's no incentive for them to exclude it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Don't see what's so hard to believe about online being garbage unless you knew specific people to play with, this thread alone had plenty of stories about "none of my DLC was compatible and it was kids who wanted to play on-disc metal so I never bothered again"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

You can't change Xbone hard drives but you can use external storage

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Remember when CaptUnderpants leaked the existence of Lego Rock Band in a power point on this forum and we thought it was a joke

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It's interesting they got Live. Last I heard they were all suing each other because Ed wanted like 99% of the royalties or something.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The new Guitar Hero is 100% pure "I used to be with it. Then one day they changed what 'it' was."

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Gonna sing the poo poo out of kiss from a rose

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

There's no way Sony or Microsoft would pay them more to keep it exclusive than they would make from just selling it on both

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Awesome theme

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Oh boy an Eminem song from 10 years after people stopped caring about him

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Still better than $480 for an Xbone, game, and adaptor. Really don't think I can justify that especially since the only other game I'd ever play on it is Forza.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I blame Microsoft more than anything, if the Xbone wasn't a pile of poo poo when it launched I'd have happily kept on their platform and would have already pre-ordered the game and adaptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

The One I Love is very good and I can't believe it's not already DLC

Probably because it was in Guitar Hero forever ago.

I really can't justify the cost of an Xbone to play this game, especially if it turns out to die a quick death.