Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm in once some enterprising person figures out how to get all my customs ported over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

My fingers are crossed that this gets more people to part with RB3 instruments to lower the prices a bit over the next few months.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Brocktoon posted:

Is that guy that got banned from ever returning instruments anymore still around?

Isn't that the guy banned from all Guitar Hero/Rock Band threads? That guy was great.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

We turned off the TINK TONK TOOT miss sounds the moment we found out we could because most of the time we're getting progressively more drunk as we play.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kudos to them for distancing themselves from Rock Band and trying something new. But uh, yikes. *tugs collar*

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Surlaw posted:

It's the man who described Sunset Overdrive as, ""a defrocked cleric who finds love in the arms of a plump bassoonist."

I don't understand how people could read Brent DiCrescenzo and go, "Yeah, I want to write like that."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think I played online once with a friend and it was just like playing alone.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

farottone posted:

E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!

Is Enter Sandman back in the game?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jenny Angel posted:

Is anyone getting a sense that the track difficulty ratings are kinda misleading? I'm really new to this game, and to rhythm games in general, so I tried my hand at Medium after browsing some songs on Easy. The first one I went for was the Mumford & Sons song in Warmup, which kicked my rear end twice before I passed it with a 4-star rating. Since it was rated as Warmup, I kinda figured I was just incredibly bad at this game and should stick to the very basics. But then I tried a few other songs on Medium from Warmup and the next class up, and they were way easier. I figured maybe the Mumford & Sons one was in warmup because it had a somewhat more difficult guitar line and super-basic lines for other instruments, but nope, it's rated 0/5 on guitar.

I'm not sure what I'm missing, other than the ratings being wonky. A lot of the song does come down to "can you do basic fingering changes on chords with slightly irregular rhythm", but there's also that post-chorus that quickly transitions from those chords to some quick individual notes. Again, it's not actually difficult for someone who knows what they're doing, but it trips me up in a way that, say, Tongue-Tied or Arabella don't.

In short, ratings have always been subjective and seemingly based largely on how fast gems fly at you and in what quantities.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Abu Dave posted:

I think that's a problem from being a really good real life guitarist though (thanks Rocksmith).

loving dying over here.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kaboobi posted:

pretty sure I said that was methodis a couple weeks ago

IT WAS ME KABOOBI IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

aw son of a bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The harmonica solo in Clint Eastwood is such a goddamn blast to play.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think I've asked this before but can't find where/if it got answered. Any customs guys have any experience tracking down the MTV edition of Rock Band 3? I'd love to have a backup. Can I go into a Gamestop and explain what I'm looking for and get them to flip through their stacks or do I just have to troll ebay/craigslist for pictures from people sellling.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kaboobi posted:

The writer/guitarist on the first two albums had drinking problems and was booted out of the band and then killed himself IIRC

Correct. So any time the Gin Blossoms sing that song they are singing the apology of a guy who was realizing he was a gently caress up alcoholic, which directly led to his subsequent booting and suicide.

Fun song tho.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Pablo Gigante posted:

So long, badly mixed re-record of Semi-Charmed Life

It's so baaaaaaaaaaaaad. Jumper too.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Activision running both plastic instrument and Tony Hawk games into the ground as hard as they did makes Bobby Kotick 13 year old me’s greatest nemesis.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’d pay an absurd amount for 360 gear that was easily repairable/made to not break but at this point almost anything 360 is too absurdly priced.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kaboobi posted:

there is a person making replacement strum bars (in multiple styles!) and fretboards for rock band guitars full time, at least. they're good products
https://www.bytearts.com/

there's also a person making little boxes that let you take any console's equipment (or e-kits) and convert it to another system, making them basically universal as long as you have the box
https://rolllimitless.com/

Aw hell yeah thanks. With the custom scene and making my own tracks I’m never leaving 360 land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

poo poo I didn’t realize you needed the PS3 one for that. I have two copies of the xbox one. Gonna have to do some hunting