Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Will the power of the XboxOne finally give us guitar straps?

edit

zimbomonkey posted:

I bet they won't bring along the light kit :/

They'd better, I've got two of them and a jug of oil waiting :ohdear:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
edit, dp

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

We Are The 5.9%!

:toot:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I dunno, half saying they own an xboxone seems pretty unlikely.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Now that they're finally moving to the new consoles, I really need to get into the homebrew songs with my old 360. Y'all have put up some really good stuff.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That's not very next-generation of them :colbert:

lol, it's still great.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ApexAftermath posted:

As if anyone made their next gen console choice based on anything to do with Rock Band.

I did. The chance of more Rock Band and all the other XBLA stuff I already had led me to choose a One over PS4. Also, Halo is pretty fun.

edit

Orange Harrison posted:

I have one of those oddball HDCRTs. It's big-screen, and HD, but tube-driven (not rear-projection). It's p much the only way to play RB in HD with 0ms latency. More or less an enormous computer monitor.

Will the xboxone output over a HDMI to DVI-D cable? Rocksmith suggests using the toslink cable for audio to reduce latency, but dealing with HDMI can be a headache. If your old CRT has DVI, probably unlikely, that might be a possibility.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 10, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I bought a PS3 to play Journey, so who knows how this generation will go.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

canoshiz posted:

I totally forgot what Methodis did to get banned from everywhere, though. Rock Band has been out for this long already???

Someone get Teasdale back in the thread, we need insight!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

El Destructo posted:

I snagged two at that price as spares for Ground Kontrol's Rock Band night, glad I did.

A few fret buttons on all four of mine are now thrashed, though, and RB2 Strat buttons are too small to use as replacements. I salvaged one complete good set and gave them to a colleague to make molds for reproduction. Would anyone here be interested in a set? What do you think would be a reasonable price?

Cost to make plus 20%.

There might end up being a viable enough market to make replacement parts for the few wooden strats left, if they aren't going to make anymore. I sure as hell would like to keep mine going.

edit

Wow, someone is selling a Hofner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111574238989

A few Mustangs are up as well, most for close to $100.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 20, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/23/8277727/new-guitar-hero-ps4-xbox-one-activision-april-report

quote:

Activision is planning to announce a new Guitar Hero game next month, according to a purported invitation to a reveal event that the company is said to have sent out to media in Germany, reports Gamereactor UK.

Gamereactor UK has since taken down its story, but NeoGAF preserved the original text. The language of Activision's invitation, as reported by Gamereactor UK, suggests that the event focuses on a rhythm game featuring rock music: The event is set for April 1 in "Hamburg Rock City," and Activision asked journalists to "rock the shack with us!"

Time for a Guitar Hero thread...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Astro7x posted:

Thinking about it... is there ANY reason this stuff needs to be next gen? I would think that if they already built the note charts that it would be very simple to keep making new tracks as RB3 DLC.

How else are we going to get guitar straps?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
You mean you don't want Oculus support?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

[*]"SEPARATE WAYS (WORLDS APART)"????

But we don't have keyboard support anymore :negative:

Laserface posted:

Appetite has maybe 3 good songs on it. UYI gave us You could be Mine. Thats all their good songs.

omg look at this post.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

For anyone else wondering ":confused: what is all this C3/custom songs nonsense :confused:":

It's actually really easy to play custom songs in RB3 for the 360 -- all you need is a physical disc with the EA logo (NOT the newer Mad Catz version) and a flash drive. No modding, hacking, or other sketchy backdoors required! You can view our video tutorial on custom songs here.

C3 (the "Customs Creators Collective") is a project that has been releasing full-band custom songs every week, starting the week after American Pie. We're about to celebrate two years of custom DLC! To download our songs and/or to check out other customs, just google "c3 rock band" or similar. We don't think of it as :files:, but just to be safe, we prefer not to link directly from SA.

I co-administrate the C3 project with farottone, who is also here on SA. Please ask any questions you might have, we're here to help!

ty

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

xamphear posted:

Hold on, let me make a list of all the features I need in a Rock Band game. I can start out by putting "fancy band animations" right at the bottom.

Go back to scorehero and stop ruining our immersion :colbert:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

couldcareless posted:

Here's a random question that other ion set owners may have had to deal with: what is the best way to store them for easy pull out access when you feel like playing?
I've just been leaving it out in the corner of the room and using it as an ugly rack to hang air dry clothes and jackets because I'm a lazy slob, but I hate having it out all the time. Seeing if anyone has come up with a clever solution themselves.

There isn't an easy way to store them. I've moved mine around a bunch and it just leads to the clamps getting stripped eventually. They just aren't built to be torn down very often.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
You have to buy a real drum kit and the Kinect will watch what you're playing. It'll be like a better version of Wii Music.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So how long until GHTV is just a bunch of reality shows and they have to create GHTV2?

The Yellow Ant posted:

The idea of two rows of three buttons seems pretty interesting to me. Just think, in a few years we might get a game with, like, six rows of seventeen buttons. Wouldn't that be great?!

As long as they don't get crazy and put strings on it or something.

edit

Timby posted:

No tracks, just artists thus far:

I'm so old :negative:

TrojanNemo posted:

Meh. I have one, still in the box. The concept seems annoying and cumbersome to have to keep track of a pedal. That assumes I don't move around when playing the guitar ;-)

Wanna sell it? Someone stole mine...

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 15, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rastor posted:

It will definitely be fodder for comedy Let's Plays years in years to come, assuming our grimdark DRM future allows it to play at all.

Yeah, that's kinda the main reason I don't want to bother with it...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kaboobi posted:

I guess this is official confirmation that RB4 will support older instruments. And Guitar Hero instruments too?

http://t.co/rDdTMSxixQ

No reason not to support the GH stuff, it's identical isn't it?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Reaction amongst the gaming podcast class to the GH:L trailer has been pretty negative. The biggest question I've heard is whether that FMV is going to repeat every single time you play that song. Like, will that corny intro be there and will that lady holding the YOU SUCK sign be at my show again? Even if you're the kind of player that doesn't pay attention to the background, having the same exact thing every time will be noticeable.

This is the DJ Hero team and they've been working on it for a while, so I'm optimistic, but FMV still isn't super common outside of story progression for a reason.

Orange Harrison posted:

Happy Record Store Day everyone! The proper way to celebrate is by going out to your local record store and buying a CD/LP from a new band you'd like to support, and then going home and torrenting a Metallica album.

I got that Ministry box set, no more records for a couple of months now. :sweatdrop:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah I'm glad they're going with this plan. Might help prevent another situation where Activision is flooding the market with multiple games a year and it should work well for the younger crowd that maybe can't or doesn't want to buy DLC.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Those are some good vocals right there.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

farottone posted:

Heads up: there's a new update out for the Xbox 360. Among things, it changes the way external drives are structured. If you have an old drive nothing changes, if you have a new drive (or format one and start fresh) apparently Party Buffalo, Horizon, etc. are no more needed to inject, because the drive is recognised as a Windows drive with Windows folders nd files structure. You copy a file to the correct folder and you're done. Worth taking a look if you have problems injecting. Our own PikminGuts just tested it out with a pro upgrade and it worked fine.

Really? That's pretty darn cool.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

abraham linksys posted:

Stage Kit support, y'all. Stage Kit support.

Sold.

Using the kit with Stonehenge was the best thing ever (and also a great way to blow through all of your fog oil).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Steve2911 posted:

While I like the idea of using pre-recorded and tailored fills for drum star-power, I hope there's at least the option to go back to making your own ones up. I always enjoyed the 3 second window of improvisation, trying to make something up that fits in with the song. It'll be a shame if that's gone completely.

And I really, really hope they sell an official drumkit with cymbals. I probably wont bother with any of the other instruments this time around, and I missed out on cymbals last gen.

quote:

For the drums, this comes in the form of, first, counting in your band when you’re ready to begin the song. It’s a little thing, but it adds a sense of band camaraderie and leadership when the person behind the kit taps the green tom (or cymbal, if you’re using one of the old or upcoming re-issue of the Rock Band Cymbal Kit) 3-5 times in order to trigger the beginning of your performance.

Sounds like the whole RB3 kit is coming back. I never got the cymbal pack, since I got an Ion kit, but the Ion kit is such a bear to move in and out of the room that I'll definitely get the full regular kit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Nice job on the cover.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Manuel Calavera posted:

IGN link, but did anyone see this retweeted by @RockBand earlier today? Rock Band Sessions, the canceled RB3 sequel.

Still no guitar straps :colbert:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
By Focus?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
And I was gonna sneak in with my Rock Band shirt...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Yeah, okay, not quite ready to get a third drumset... but I'm tempted.

If they can just make it quieter, then I'll buy it immediately.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Kids today :argh:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

elf help book posted:

Actually, you will find that market demographics show that most informed purchasers today enjoy Kids Today, and thus your complaints are invalid, meaningless, and unimportant. You can find more of my posts in the Xbox One hate thread.

Why won't they bring back blades? :cry:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

toymach1ne posted:

Where is the passion, he even makes factual errors because he didn't talk to the developers...

It's a lovely article and a waste of a spot at a press event

The comments are pretty brutal as well. It's just an odd piece to be run on polygon, but would've been fine on something like actionbutton.net

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Surlaw posted:

It's the man who described Sunset Overdrive as, ""a defrocked cleric who finds love in the arms of a plump bassoonist."

uhhh, ok. I thought it was pretty fun, but maybe I don't understand videogames.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Don't be so cynical, there's at least ten people in this thread that'll buy it :colbert:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

C3 custom song releases for June 12, 2015:

New! Duets C01 3-pack (farottone)
  • Dennis Edwards - "Don't Look Any Further (ft. Siedah Garrett)"
  • Michael Jackson - "The Girl is Mine (ft. Paul McCartney)"
  • Philip Bailey - "Easy Lover (ft. Phil Collins)"
New! LGBT Pride Month 2015 4-pack
  • Against Me! - "Transgender Dysporia Blues" (Gigakoops)
  • Fine Young Cannibals - "She Drives Me Crazy" (farottone)
  • George Michael - "Careless Whisper" (farottone)
  • Queen - "It's a Hard Life" (farottone)
EIGHTIESTRAVAGANZA! continues this week, with 6/7 releases being totally boss.

:stare:

Asnorban posted:

Mine have a lot of lag, enough so that if I am playing for points or having a party the wired mic is always the lead mic. Some people can't deal with that. Unless it is something in my setup.

Happens to me too, but my system has a bunch of lag as well.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I sure am going to miss playing the on-disc songs and Avenged Sevenfold with nerds online.