Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

eloi, eloi, lama sabachthani?

yahweh or the highway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well last week I asked him if it should be dropping in MM and he said yes. It's a week later and we now have proof it drops in MM. Great success!

This is much better than (honest to god quote incoming):

Publord: Amthua, whatever happened to Advanced Edge of Infinity?

Amthua: I am under the impression that it is already dropping for people.

We know the answer to that.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Photographic proof that ICR is paid to shill for the devs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

More C2 info that has and hasn't been discussed:

quote:

C2E2 stuff:

Hawkeye - "We haven't done the Avengers airbike yet, that's my dream, to get the aircycle in there."

Doctor Doom - "Doctor Doom's big thing in our game, I can only give a little hint as he's still 'moving through the pipes' as we call it. So the big thing that we wanted to touch on with him: Doctor Doom been many things in comics, and people have a lot of different views of him, and we really wanted to make sure we represent all of those. You may have a laser-shooting, rocket-launching, foot-diving Doctor Doom, from like a lot of different things. Or you may have the full on sorcerer, like in the 80s he was spell slinging all the time, that was all he did, he went to Hell with Doctor Strange and his mom... that was cool, kind of weird, but still cool. And then you also have like a lot of people expect him to be able to bring out Doombots, and use his resources in Latveria.

So that is something we've been trying to represent in all of those, it's a lot of work! And we can confirm he has all three damage types in his kit, but we know that can be kind of bad so there's some pretty cool stuff that goes with that that will make it actually good for you, that you'll want to control. He has some pretty cool new mechanics, it's not as scary as it sounds."

Team-Ups - Number one change is making them viable and less prone to being defeated when brought out - a very requested change - and they will be viable when summoned in almost every mode. You won't have to constantly resummon them, much more interactive than they are now.

"Their skills are going to be changed radically. They will have skill trees very similar to what your characters do. You will be able to unlock these skills and put points into them and customize a build with them, they'll do different actions and stuff, there will be different powers that you see. Their items will actually affect their skills just like you do with your main character, their items will have that ability as well. They'll level up over time. Their leveling up is a little bit weird, it gives you more points to customize them, but they'll always summon at your particular experience level: if you're level 10, they are level 10. Your main hero will guide their level, how buff they are, but then it's modified by their points in the powers and things like that that they have.

That's Team-Up 2.0, that's coming very soon. (That's only two parts of it, there's a lot more.) We can talk more about it, this is the first phase. (Yeah, Phase one.) There's more coming."

Quicksilver coming out "very soon." Archangel X-Force will not be immediately after Quicksilver.

Spider Gwen's voice actress is Ashley Johnson, you may know her as Ellie from Last of Us , Terra from Teen Titans (Go!), or Gwen Tennyson from the Ben 10 series, to name but a few recent roles.

Team-Ups will level up faster compared to heroes, and they have plans to make it not as painful (especially for those who own lots of them). People that already own them might get a boost. There's a few different designs for it, "We are going to help you guys out."

Danger Room - "We're working on a new game mode called Danger Room. The way it's going to work is that it is a randomly generated dungeon using a ton of our different tile sets, we're going to add more over time. By dungeon I mean it's a thing you go into, it's not an open zone. The way you get there is to use simulation chips and you use those to generate random affixes. You could go into one - and it's going to be randomly generated - for the Savage Land and all the dinosaurs that you're fighting stun you when it hits you ...that would be terrible and I'd never put it in the game, but that's an example of an affix, and every level would have an affix and you'd keep going. Every floor is different, and I say floor because I'm thinking of it as a dungeon."

"This mode is really for like if you're a person who wants to play Marvel Heroes and have a different experience every time you play, and we give you the opportunity to unlock these different affixes and get better rewards and have a really different experience. Roll the dice, see what happens, see what the Danger Room gives you."

Limbo - "It's like seven phases of crazy different stuff, and I don't want to go into it too much because we're still finishing the last boss for it, who is a denizen of Limbo itself from the comics and he's awesome and I can't say who it is. Don't say who it is, everybody. We're bringing back Limbo and we're going to make it fun this time and not just a source to get the best stuff and ruin your life... just kidding, I'm being really harsh on the old Limbo. It's one of the coolest environments in our game and I'm so excited to see it again."

Nextwave - 10th Anniversary is coming up next year, will there be Nextwave content in MH? "That is my dream" "I guess we need some Nextwave content"

Story Mode - "How can I play with my friends? I'm level 60, all my heroes are level 60, how can I play with my friend who is level 1? So the solution to that is we are going to have unified story mode. How it will work is regions are going to have soft level caps, so if you're above that cap your effective level will be set to that map, so all your abilities and gear and etc. will scale down. So you can still have all your saved stuff, all your skills, you'll be a little bit more powerful than those who are the correct level for that zone - not that much - but you'll get to play with your friends.

That opens up a lot of things for us, like we can get rid of our current difficulty modes, which had you play through the story mode three separate times, now you can play through it one single time. What that opens up for the future is scaling difficulty, like different kinds of difficulty modes, more traditional types like things get harder but you get better rewards."

Marvel Heroes 2016 - They will rebrand it, but it will be later in the year (last year was too early), around/before the launch of the game in some foreign territories.

Costumes for bosses - Ryolnir has thought up four versions of this pitch, like you fight Green Goblin and it's a chance for Hobgoblin instead and stuff like that. They've talked a lot about it and have interest, maybe after the 52 reviews are done, they will go back and start reviewing more bosses and find time for it. It's just a matter of 'when.'

Ryolnir would also want to see the Wrecking Crew for Hobgoblin, because he always wants to see new bosses in the game, including maybe Nextwave villains some day.

Symbiote GotG Team-Ups - As with Movie Star-Lord/Rocket and the Groot Team-Up, Drax/Gamora/Groot Team-Ups would switch to match Symbiote Rocket, only after Symbiote versions of those Team-Ups are made first.

Angela (and Sif) - "We've definitely expressed interest and definitely want to do [Angela] in some way. I can easily see her as a team-up for sure, if not a playable hero, for next year. We should do Sif as a team-up... I definitely want to do Angela, she has awesome powers and has two costumes."

Nick Fury - "The 50th anniversary of SHIELD is coming up, are we getting Nick Fury anytime soon?" "I would love to do Nick Fury, there are many designs for him internally. I'm actually recording with Keith David next month, but it's for motion comics and stuff. I would be lying if I didn't tell you I was also recording a playable dialogue, just in case, just in case.... Plus I get to hang out with Keith David which is awesome."

Namor - "Why no Namor?" "I have that question about Multiple Man, I have that question about many characters for our game. It's a matter of spacing them out as smartly as possible."

Testing heroes/powers - "The only way you can do that right now is to play through Test Center. Something we've been talking about internally is the ability to try out anything. The design isn't finished yet and there are some technical challenges, but I believe we'll offer that in the future. It's a great idea."

Blade Voice Actor - They are looking into Wesley Snipes or Terry Crews, Ryolnir said role will likely be cast by June.

Kamala Khan Team-Up/Playable "I think she would be awesome as both, her powers are awesome. We have Mister Fantastic, obviously, and some people say, "Oh, he would be just like her" but she takes it to a way different level. She can make herself giant, she can do all kinds of stuff and can be more silly and playful. With Mister Fantastic he's this really old school hero, you can't really turn him into a teacup (unless you're Lego Marvel). We are super for that idea, it would be awesome. In general I want to do more new characters, like new characters in the last 50 years."

Competitive aspects - "Yes. Leaderboards and ladders and stuff are coming very soon."

Also, Doom is scheduled to release on Anniversary day June 4th. It's a Thursday, when MH PATCHES EVERY WEEK DUH.

Brevik stated on stream that Howard the Duckmans has all his lines done and many powers. That's all that was stated.

Danger Room comes out after Unified Story.

Also Brevik confirmed all the Enhanced Costumes we are voting on will come out. The poll was to determine the order. He has Marvel approval on all.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

Blade Voice Actor - They are looking into Wesley Snipes or Terry Crews, Ryolnir said role will likely be cast by June.

A win/win situation

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also, I have a theory that is based on nothing really. Tara Strong voices Magik if I recall. Ryolnir was voice recording with her recently and we talked all about that.

Doomsaw stated we will see Magik "sooner than you think".

Limbo's final boss is being finished up now and then they'll reveal more about Limbo and blah blah blah.

I think the final boss is Darkchylde.

:( and :) I guess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Adult Sword Owner posted:

A win/win situation

Yea there's no wrong answer there.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Terry Crews is best because he makes a double sun to kill the vampires.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Eiffel On You posted:

Also, I have a theory that is based on nothing really. Tara Strong voices Magik if I recall. Ryolnir was voice recording with her recently and we talked all about that.

Doomsaw stated we will see Magik "sooner than you think".

Limbo's final boss is being finished up now and then they'll reveal more about Limbo and blah blah blah.

I think the final boss is Darkchylde.

:( and :) I guess.

Or Magik is the key to taking down Belasco and his minions. Though this could possibly be after you defeat her as Darkchylde or whatever. Lots of ways for Magik to be involved.

I hope Colossus has special dialogue for Limbo, I recall him going on an absolute rampage on a trip to Limbo to save her.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I want Doom

:doom:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm really trying to figure out Denizens of Limbo that gaz would get all excited about but I've got nothing. Belasco is the obvious one but would not be particularly exciting, Magik would work but they refer to the boss as 'he' and after that so is it pretty much z-tier characters all the way down.

(maybe they got the video game rights to ROM the Space Knight and are including him since he did Limbo stuff :shepface: )

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

quote:

and all the dinosaurs that you're fighting stun you when it hits you ...that would be terrible and I'd never put it in the game

:laffo:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Eiffel On You posted:

More C2 info that has and hasn't been discussed:

How can Quick Sliver even be in the game when he dies in Age of Ultraman?
The movie is cannon after all.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Mephisto

its going to be Mephisto

I don't care that I don't remember him ever being showed in Limbo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HUMAN FISH posted:

whoa spoilers

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I've seen the movie so I don't care but you might want to not spoil stuff for the poor americans

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Kainser posted:

I've seen the movie so I don't care but you might want to not spoil stuff for the poor americans

Any true fan of the franchise has seen it by now imo.

That's also why I still haven't

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

As long as Swifu is intact gently caress a Quicksilver

But pls do not spoiler

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
they better not gently caress up Doom or I'm going to be so mad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That all sounds amazing if they get it right.

Yeah we don't need A SECOND Savage Land area filled with enemies that stun you when they hit. Agreed.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Nodoze posted:

they better not gently caress up Doom or I'm going to be so mad.

quick someone make ReedRichards account and when doom is on TC do everything you can to make sure he's ruined

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HUMAN FISH posted:

#jailbuttes

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

HUMAN FISH posted:

Well, teamups do die at the drop of a hat. Or just like bullets.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Eiffel On You posted:

Brevik stated on stream that Howard the Duckmans has all his lines done and many powers. That's all that was stated.

So was Howard meant to be a team up or a hero? Last I heard rumored was team up

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hawkeye wants you to give him a chance now that he's had another rework

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ27iS1mkuo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Midnightghoul posted:

So was Howard meant to be a team up or a hero? Last I heard rumored was team up

Howard the Duck was intended to be this year's April Fools hero release but they fell behind on the Age of Ultron content and had to cut him for now.

His voicework and character model have both been done for a while. He went from cosmetic pet to team-up to playable hero internally so he's had a bit of a rough development history.

I'd expect him in the 2016 Advance Pack or, possibly, as a 200 Splinter hero next April Fools Day. He has an ongoing comic right now and obviously had that GotG cameo so Marvel's trying to get him out there again.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Hawkeye wants you to give him a chance now that he's had another rework

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ27iS1mkuo

anyone who says he's a lovely hockeye should shot

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
did he show up enough times in the first movie to actually build an opinion on his hawkeye

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wouldn't he being lovely make him more true to the character? Kinda makes you think.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
TC is patching in 10 minutes.

Also I have some really nice rolls on waifu uniques, very nice. Turns out saving three stashes of her uniques was a good thing to do

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

HUMAN FISH posted:

TC is patching in 10 minutes.

Also I have some really nice rolls on waifu uniques, very nice. Turns out saving three stashes of her uniques was a good thing to do

yeah they're very solid and her slot 2 is going to actually stay equipped after giving her fraglite, coat, batrocs, and jinn. She still hurts for attack speed a bit and hopefully they stick it on her 3/4

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

anyone who says he's a lovely hockeye should shot

The Widow/Hawkeye scenes are definitely the best scenes in AoU, and MCU Hawkeye loving owns.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Hawkeye sucks and that's why he owns

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im just getting to play this since I now have a laptop that isn't a piece of poo poo so I had two questions I didn't find in the OP:

1) every hero can be bought with splinters but how often do I get splinters? 200 or so is a lot and I might just plunk down money to get 2 of the higher cost heroes outright.

2) Are "team ups" dependent on heroes you own or are they just equips? Like, to do a teamup with Spiderman I need to own Spiderman? They're basically hires like from Diablo 2, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

new thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716799

• Locked thread