Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prel
Jan 12, 2012

nickhimself posted:

Punisher is definitely really fun now, but I don't agree that he's as amazing as everyone's parroting.

Unless you've got well rolled uniques and have a fair bit of strength, you're probably going to run into some instances where you have to stop attacking momentarily to let your cooldowns finish. Granted, this *might* be 1-2 seconds, every fifth fight... but it's kind of weak.

This wouldn't be a problem if SP cost reduction Omega nodes or other synergies and poo poo actually affected the skill costs... but they don't. I'm not sure if this is intended or a minor bug, but speccing into the node next to night night pistol was supposed to give me 10% Attack Speed, +10% base damage with ranged skills. I got the attack speed. No cost reduction. Strength attribute does reduce costs by the stated percent per point, though

Cost reduction reduces cooldown on rapid reload instead of reducing ammo costs. You can check this easily with like Loki synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

3 yessir

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

That is a very weird way to handle cost reduction for him. But I guess it makes more sense than you shooting less bullets.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Prel posted:

Cost reduction reduces cooldown on rapid reload instead of reducing ammo costs. You can check this easily with like Loki synergy.

Also the tooltip for Rapid Reload

Which, to be fair, is gigantic and easy to overlook the cost reduction = cooldown thing

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

nostrata posted:

That is a very weird way to handle cost reduction for him. But I guess it makes more sense than you shooting less bullets.
Also, lower cooldown on RR = using it more = more uptime on the 8s DR buff you get out of using it below 25% ammo. Bonus!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
27 second TTK w/ Franklin-chan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh0W8qsKX4k

praise Allah

Here's the build btw: http://marvelheroes.info/build/9900/

Also if you're really struggling with the ammo system, two things you can do:

1.) Magneto Medallion
2.) Zola -- you can fire any ammo power as long as you have some ammo. You don't have to have the required ammo. So that 3.5 tick of ammo from your zola means you can fire your 200 ammo headshot. You could :gitgud: and not need that safety blanket, but personally I think he feels a lot smoother with the Zola option, and its not a disastrous DPS loss.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 6, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I use frozen lance over Icy Arsenal and don't use Frozen orb. Nor do I use Artic Wave but am interesting in tweaking my build more. Honestly my build is based around just Frozen Lance spam cause I'm lazy. Its just priority really
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance
Repeat as Iceslick comes off cooldown. Toss in Construct Focus, IceWall on top of bosses, Statue and Sig whenever possible. Spam spam spam and win. Might not be the most fine tuned setup but I murder bosses quick and barely get touched. I enjoy it
If I am on a boss I'll go
Ice Slick>Flash Freeze>Frozen Lance>Construct Focus>Frost Nova>Frozen Lance(Repeat Ice Slick, Flash Freeze Lance) Statue and Sig.
Bosses normally dead before Sig finishes

I'm a very lazy man so this appeals to me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Iceplan is start as a Meleemans build, then use the other spec to set up Summonmans. But it's gonna have to wait for Icemankey to show up on Steam first...

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Hello this game looks like it might be fun.

What is referenced in the thread title? It's too specific to not reference something that's probably funny.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kheldarn posted:

My Iceplan is start as a Meleemans build, then use the other spec to set up Summonmans. But it's gonna have to wait for Icemankey to show up on Steam first...

Do we know for sure if there's a Steam bundle coming? I might hold off on grabbing him if there's going to be one of those packs that has some Gs in it.

RottenK posted:

What is referenced in the thread title? It's too specific to not reference something that's probably funny.

The Marvel Heroes official forums are a hideous shitpile. The game is a ton of fun.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

RottenK posted:

This game owns, welcome

Title is a ref to a Hall of Fame level terrible post of the Marvel Heroes official forums about adding Kamala Khan to the game

quote:

As far as I know Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man haven't threatened to nuke or destroy Israel. Nor have they called for beheadings. Maybe in sixty years, this (hopefully) won't be relevant, but pretending it is not does not make it such.

Especially seeing how we have people like those 3 girls who're like Kamala's age in England/UK leaving to join ISIS, I think a firm stand should be made against anti-semitism.

I hope she is not allowed in the game unless she explicitly denounces violence against Israel and Jewish peoples. I am sorry that you are opposed to this and feel it's okay to "blur" the lines of this.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Soothing Vapors posted:

27 second TTK w/ Franklin-chan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh0W8qsKX4k

praise Allah

Here's the build btw: http://marvelheroes.info/build/9900/

Also if you're really struggling with the ammo system, two things you can do:

1.) Magneto Medallion
2.) Zola -- you can fire any ammo power as long as you have some ammo. You don't have to have the required ammo. So that 3.5 tick of ammo from your zola means you can fire your 200 ammo headshot. You could :gitgud: and not need that safety blanket, but personally I think he feels a lot smoother with the Zola option, and its not a disastrous DPS loss.

where's the target indeed

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My biggest regret in life is that "Under no circumstances will you ever drive this van you shitlords" only got to be the thread title for like a week.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Do we know for sure if there's a Steam bundle coming? I might hold off on grabbing him if there's going to be one of those packs that has some Gs in it.

We don't know, because the only time I can recall when Gaz said anything about any of the character packs on Steam is when the Magneto one said it was going to give his Classic Costume, when it should have said it was giving the Modern Costume. They acknowledged the mistake, fixed it, and granted the Classic Costume to those of us who purchased it before they fixed the info. And they never once said they were handing out the Classic Costume.

I'm just guessing that they will, since they've done it with Rogue, Magneto, Venom, and Winter Soldier.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
is there a maximium amount of splinters? I kinda of wanna save for she hulk to try for maxmimium randoms + her price but i have like 900.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

snergle posted:

is there a maximium amount of splinters?
Nope

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

snergle posted:

is there a maximium amount of splinters? I kinda of wanna save for she hulk to try for maxmimium randoms + her price but i have like 900.

At one point, before they were merged into the Currency Tab, I think it was davebo who had over 2,000 Eternity Splinters in his inventory. I don't know that there ever was a cap, but if there was/is, then the cap is probably a lot higher now that they're part of the Currency Tab.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Notice that sometimes they have the bundles there but don't tie them immediately to the game, for some reason, so they only show up when you search for Marvel Heroes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

madstrike posted:

Notice that sometimes they have the bundles there but don't tie them immediately to the game, for some reason, so they only show up when you search for Marvel Heroes.

Yeah, currently, only 5 are listed on the page, but a search for Marvel Heroes 2015 turns up 14 results. (Well, 15, but one is the game itself...)

Also, I did some checking. Rogue's bundle was added the same day she was added to the game. X-23 didn't get one at all. Magneto's was added the day after his was added to the game. Venom's and Winter Soldier's bundles were added 4 days later.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Didn't see his post so lets see how it compares to my thoughts

Yeah. nothing too special at first. I wasn't feeling him either. I have NOT tried the frozen orb build, most likely won't, but was doing a ranged/melee hybrid. I did not care for it at all. Bosses were taking way to long in terminals to down and LOL at trying to kill a boss in Midtown or ICR by myself.

What's the best hero for soloing ICR?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Bularin posted:

Anything yellow works for ICR

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Bularin posted:

The only one he wants to solo is X-23

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

The only one he wants to solo is X-23

And Human Torch.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Bularin posted:

At what level?
Huggernaught is only missing a teleport
Cap is amazing sexy, hulk smash
Scarlett witch won't win a boss rush but everything else melts looking at her
Silver surfer.
Tons of amazing people honestly

God drat it I sound like Eiffel

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Punisher

Punish everything

His rework is so much fun

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tiny Chalupa posted:

It's funny you should say that

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kheldarn posted:

At one point, before they were merged into the Currency Tab, I think it was davebo who had over 2,000 Eternity Splinters in his inventory. I don't know that there ever was a cap, but if there was/is, then the cap is probably a lot higher now that they're part of the Currency Tab.

They had a stack cap but no way to have a cap cap until the currency tab. I doubt all currencies go to infinity and if they do it explains so much about their unoptimization.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tiny Chalupa posted:

At what level?
Huggernaught is only missing a teleport
Cap is amazing sexy, hulk smash
Scarlett witch won't win a boss rush but everything else melts looking at her
Silver surfer.
Tons of amazing people honestly

Venom should be listed too, since he's great damage + incredible survivability. He doesn't have a teleport but he does have a resource-free fly. But Venom is great at everything, so maybe it goes without saying.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bularin posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hoping Kitty gets a 0cd stealth teleport that doesn't cost resources

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Somebody sell me a swiggin for the love of christ. I have a decently high lizard and poo poo tons of goks/zolas.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

malhavok posted:

Somebody sell me a swiggin for the love of christ. I have a decently high lizard and poo poo tons of goks/zolas.

I'll sell you one for swgn +

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Oh, I read that as Industry City, duh.

(edit): or I guess that's the joke

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Bularin posted:

The Punishman is best at everything except keeping his kids alive. Best at soloing. Best in game. Best in sweet trenchcoats (2x as many as nearest competitor). Best at skull t-shirts. Best at Frankenstein costumes. Best at nuclear bombs dropped on dudes coming at you with baseball bats. No reason to ever play anyone else. Delete your roster. Divorce your wife. Prostrate yourself to the Punishman.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Jusupov posted:

I'll sell you one for swgn +

I hate you so much.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

New Punishman is a lot of fun, but there's too much bar staring for my taste and to back up nick from earlier, it doesn't happen EVERY fight but sometimes you're left holding your dick waiting for RR to come off cd and it's irritating. I prefer to pretend I'm sitting there FUMING WITH RAGE while I search my pockets for more ammo instead of doing something thAT ISN'T EVEN CANON LIKE DUAL WIELDING PISTOLS AND SHOOTING BADMANS WITH THEM

That said I'm leveling him now with the intention of finding a rotation that flows as well as Cap's does so it doesn't really require much cooldown watching.

Well I'm also leveling him with the intention of shooting mooks

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm taking a break because I refuse to continue the JOURNEY TO 60 COSMIC outside of cosmic weeks. How often do we get them, usually?

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

It's funny you should say that

Countdown til he gets it: 5...4...3...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, hey, I hope you didn't want to buy any more STASH tabs:

Or Crafting tabs. Or Character tabs. :v:

Zoning seems to fix the issue...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

soscannonballs posted:

I did more testing with Frozen Orb and IAS doesn't appear to give extra ticks like I thought.

Frozen orb gains extra ticks from + area radius, using a doc ock and a pps will bump your ticks per orb from 2-3 to almost always 4, with the occasional 5 ticks depending on mob positioning. It is one of the few situations where +radius is really worthwhile.

I do love that you can choose to beef up his constructs with pet damage, or just ignore pet damage and focus on your skills while having 3 bad as ice buddies chilling out with you.

• Locked thread