Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

tithin posted:

I thought you were serious :(

Well I did okay for a while but when you asked me to protect you as you left I broke. The joy of victory and townie blood was too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my role pm:

quote:

you are xyloJW, the scum-aligned godfather. you are lucky because you have no particular post modifiers. i guess you have a kid? whatever. this is to represent being the singular sensible person in auspol. god help you because every other person in this game is completely insane.

bolding mine. xylo's got a secret fan! :unsmith:

also note the "no particular post modifiers" bit

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky Moor posted:

:pcgaming: AND NOW, APPEASED BY TOWNIE BLOOD, I SINK BACK DOWN TO HELL, WHERE I BELONG! :pcgaming:

Actions and thoughts will be posted when I get home.

Role PMs too pls

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

I found the game really hard to keep track of, it seemed like more than half the roles were made up so citing the wiki for holes or clues was useless.

I still had fun but boy did I not know half the roles that were getting killed and on top of that, the crazy powers.

you better hold onto your hat when it's time for JoJo mafia, boy

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Tirade posted:

gg scum. Where'd Kat's crimson letter come from?

A vote stuck with the TBK role at the end of a dayphase.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Great game, Milky. I kinda screwed the pooch but still had a lot of fun posting as Mills.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

quote:

you are asphyxious, the town-aligned forensic linguist. each night, you can use your action to determine how many scum players were involved in the previous day's lynch vote. however, each day phase, you must disagree with milky moor whenever possible and must attempt to have the most number of posts in the thread. You may not directly roleclaim until day 3.

you win when the scum are all lynched
you have a personal victory if milky moor is lynched before you are
double that if you have at least 50% of all posts in the game when it ends

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Re:Xylo in the dead doc

I know what you are saying but I did pick TOML and before the Fruity/Tithin stuff picked Avshalom as suss. I honestly kept forgetting TBK existed to the point that if you check my many votes i rarely if ever used him.

I couldn't build a case on Avshalom from there given my restrictions and honestly i was stuck on the threesome of tith/zeb/bif trifecta where it seemed to my eyes one of which must be lying and then tith doing misplays two days in a row re-enforcing that they were suss.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I was a reverse death miller, but i decided early on i would just play as vanilla scum.
I was the worst role in the game i'm sorry but i never flipped so at least it didn't come into play.

Thanks for letting me play and sorry if i sounded like a jerk to anyone~

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Lol at anyone who at any point said "it would be unbalanced if [...]" or "there can't be [...]" because it was pretty clear from the very conception post (Hookshot, a town-aligned skiier, must post about canada or be modkilled) that this would not be normal! Then when I got my role pm, it was pretty clear that things would not be fair either.

That's why it was so fun.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
you are small keating, the town-aligned doctor. due to a sudden emergency, you must not post in the thread. if you post in the thread, you will be modkilled.

you win when all the scum are lynched
you have a personal victory if you survive until the end of the game

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
link to the deaddoc?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lid posted:

Re:Xylo in the dead doc

I know what you are saying but I did pick TOML and before the Fruity/Tithin stuff picked Avshalom as suss. I honestly kept forgetting TBK existed to the point that if you check my many votes i rarely if ever used him.

I couldn't build a case on Avshalom from there given my restrictions and honestly i was stuck on the threesome of tith/zeb/bif trifecta where it seemed to my eyes one of which must be lying and then tith doing misplays two days in a row re-enforcing that they were suss.

I said so in scumdoc, but I felt bad I targeted you so heavily.

The main reason I targeted you was to protect TBK. His role had a massive weakness (he'd reveal scum) that only triggered when someone voted for him. That made you extremely dangerous to us. Thank gently caress you forgot him.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

you are mills, the third party compulsive serial killer. you win if you are the last person standing. you must use your night kill every night, fail to submit a target and it will be randomised. during the night you may target and kill another player. during the day phase, you must respond with a :shrug: and only a shrug if directly questioned by any other player. (eg: someone asks a question specifically to you). if you fail to do so, you will be modkilled. you may otherwise talk normally.

you win when you are the last person standing

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The risk reward on the unstoppable ninja was pretty solid, we almost had him modkill himself d1

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think lids restriction was far too distracting. No matter how many town were dead, another town would have to elect themselves as lid whisperer. Should be killed day 1 imho.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The one thing I keep saying over and over after every mafia game, and which I suspect Lid and busb will confirm is ~sound advice~ having played games before, is that the AusPol method of ~not particularly caring who is lynched as long as it isn't you~ and then shouting left, right and centre about how egregious it is when your name gets pulled out of the hat the next day is a bit silly. Create a narrative earlier, make sure it's genuine, and make sure you get it heard, and you'll be stronger town players for it. Scum seem to win most games when they aren't hosed by role madness and it should be no surprise. Busb played the perfect scum role against an AusPol town: just pop in every so often, say something sane and safe, and disappear again while everyone else eats everyone else over stupid unlikely poo poo.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Those On My Left posted:

you are mills, the third party compulsive serial killer. you win if you are the last person standing. you must use your night kill every night, fail to submit a target and it will be randomised. during the night you may target and kill another player. during the day phase, you must respond with a :shrug: and only a shrug if directly questioned by any other player. (eg: someone asks a question specifically to you). if you fail to do so, you will be modkilled. you may otherwise talk normally.

When it became obvious that I was going to be lynched, I tried to breach my posting restriction so that I could be modkilled, thus resetting the vote tally and allowing for two deaths on that day. I failed because you're all so loving trigger happy :)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I want to see sky coq's pm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

if it's worksafe.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

Yeah, and Mills's role (tithin) was he wins if you win. But he had no idea what your alignment was.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

WELCOME TO AUSPOL CELEBRITY MAFIA!

PRIOR TO SYNCHRONIZING YOU WITH THE MAFIA PROGRAM, OUR ADVANCED SOFTWARE HAS INDICATED THAT YOU ARE: AVSHALOM

IS THIS CORRECT?

Yes/No

FANTASTIC. PREPARE FOR FULL MENTAL SYNCHRONIZATION. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

SYNCHRONIZATION COMPLETE.

you are avshalom, the town-aligned beloved princess. during the day, you must post at least one picture of ariel sharon. if you do not post a picture of ariel sharon every day, you will be modkilled. at night, you may use vanya - your beloved loyal hound - to track a player. During the day, you also have a one-shot codephrase of my breasts (it must be bolded and posted in its own post) to render you immune to any actions that night.

you have a personal victory condition of surviving until the end of the game

Does that mean I win too? :ohdear:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

tithin posted:

you have a personal victory condition of surviving until the end of the game

Does that mean I win too? :ohdear:

You died day 7 of 8.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And can the memes against me please stop? Last game it was rolefishing, this game it was town killing. If you want to build a case against me build a case but just because i voted Gpugh day two is not a lynchpin of anything other than i got Gpugh killed day 2.

Look at the why I had a case against Gough, look at the other days where i was first on TOML and noted Av trying to defend Plotterboy rather than lynch them and instead push onto tithin. Notice how on the next day rather than scream tithin was lying i was more confident i was a killer instead as it fitted closer.

If i had a less post restriction i could've built a case but i was hamstrung into defence.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I will tally personal victories and award awards when I get home, too.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Scum win, yay!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

XyloJW posted:

Yeah, and Mills's role (tithin) was he wins if you win. But he had no idea what your alignment was.

Nope, my role was to win with town or scum but have TOML alive. My role literally did not function.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
you are thatbastardken. you are a one shot strongman scum. you are scum-aligned. you may use your strongman kill in addition to the usual mafia night kill. you have no real post modifiers - lucky you! unfortunately, on day three, you will be revealed as a member of the scum team because you are just that much of a bastard.

You win when the scum have no more opposition
you have a personal victory if you somehow survive day 3

^^^^ This is why I had no expectation that the game would be fair. Of course, when someone DID get outed as scum, they still survived so who knows!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Nope, my role was to win with town or scum but have TOML alive. My role literally did not function.

:shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That's a good summary!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
you are bifauxnen, the town-aligned desperado. during each day phase, you may elect to target a player. this must be announced in the thread with 'I am targeting (player name).' in bold. that night, if the target is scum, you kill them. if they are town, you are killed. you must post at least one anime reference in the thread per day or you will be modkilled. you may never be the final vote on any lynch, unless there is no other way for the town to win.

you have a personal victory if you can actually target and kill a scum player

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

XyloJW posted:

you are thatbastardken. you are a one shot strongman scum. you are scum-aligned. you may use your strongman kill in addition to the usual mafia night kill. you have no real post modifiers - lucky you! unfortunately, on day three, you will be revealed as a member of the scum team because you are just that much of a bastard.

You win when the scum have no more opposition
you have a personal victory if you somehow survive day 3

^^^^ This is why I had no expectation that the game would be fair. Of course, when someone DID get outed as scum, they still survived so who knows!

that is actually a really cool role.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

quote:

you are splode, the scum-aligned roleblocker-lyncher. at night, you may send someone nazi war memorabilia which blocks their action. during the day, you must cast a vote to lynch anidav until he is successfully lynched. you win if the scum win. if the scum lose, you still have a personal victory if anidav is lynched and you are on the wagon.

you win when the scum have no more opposition
you have a personal victory when anidav is lynched and you were on the wagon
double that if you started it

When the Mod-Note about my scum status posted and I put in a few digs to save myself Tirade asked me if I had any information from my role that would help the town. I took that to mean he has ascertained from a power that I did indeed have night actions, so I blew my load claiming Jailor. I had already setup the idea that I would claim Jailor if I ever got watched, but it was total serendipity that Bif had been Vig'd the exact same night she had claimed Sensor and announced her repeat blocking, so I could weave my blocks and her death into the narrative. Of course that made the next few nights really tricky, since I had to pick targets cautiously to avoid my blocks being recognised as anti-town behaviour, and is why I lead D6 or D7 or whatever with a plea for clemency to Tithin. WIFOMing like a mad person in the scumdoc.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Those On My Left posted:

that is actually a really cool role.

voted 0 no reference to suzie.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
also i was legit at tafe for like twenty hours a day, that wasn't just covering my arse, so all credit for the victory should go to my scrumrades

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

When the Mod-Note about my scum status posted and I put in a few digs to save myself Tirade asked me if I had any information from my role that would help the town. I took that to mean he has ascertained from a power that I did indeed have night actions, so I blew my load claiming Jailor. I had already setup the idea that I would claim Jailor if I ever got watched, but it was total serendipity that Bif had been Vig'd the exact same night she had claimed Sensor and announced her repeat blocking, so I could weave my blocks and her death into the narrative. Of course that made the next few nights really tricky, since I had to pick targets cautiously to avoid my blocks being recognised as anti-town behaviour, and is why I lead D6 or D7 or whatever with a plea for clemency to Tithin. WIFOMing like a mad person in the scumdoc.

I was wondering a lot in deaddoc why no one pressed you for more details after that claim. Like, who you were blocking/protecting the night I died, if it wasn't me!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Those On My Left posted:

Milkman posted:

you are raptorfag, the town-aligned pony-savior. at any point during the day, you may post a picture of a pony (work-safe). from that point on, you will be killed, revealed and immune to all night actions and lynches. following that, at any point during the day, you may post another picture of a pony (a different one, still work safe) and you will return to life and become vulnerable to night actions and lynches. you may only do this once. If you are the only townie remaining at any point, you are immediately killed. If you are alive, you must mention my little pony and associated things in your posts. fail to do so and you will be modkilled.

you have a personal victory if you somehow aren't killed

I was SO SURE about coming back to kill Lid.

On a personal, egotistical level, I'm sad I wasn't a role.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Lid posted:

And can the memes against me please stop? Last game it was rolefishing, this game it was town killing. If you want to build a case against me build a case but just because i voted Gpugh day two is not a lynchpin of anything other than i got Gpugh killed day 2.

Look at the why I had a case against Gough, look at the other days where i was first on TOML and noted Av trying to defend Plotterboy rather than lynch them and instead push onto tithin. Notice how on the next day rather than scream tithin was lying i was more confident i was a killer instead as it fitted closer.

If i had a less post restriction i could've built a case but i was hamstrung into defence.

We left you alive because with your PR you were 100% a distraction to the town and it wasn't really your fault.

What really made this game winnable for us however, was the original watcher claim. When scum get that info, suddenly they're not pumping night actions into the dark hoping for the best. We could work out what people were likely to do most nights and plan around it. An unblockable, unwatchable NKer is great, but it was only so useful because we knew which targets would be watched. Then the second watcher claim came out and well...

As for my own play, i just concentrated on making reasonable posts, without having to manufacture much content. The only case i really pushed hard was TOML which was partly indefensible by him (at no fault of his own) because of his PR, and his play ended up being SK play anyway. They way to best catch scum is to make them create content and poke holes in it. For example when i asked Bees and Ken, who had really similar post histories, Bees has some good reads and honest opinions, whereas Ken was wishy washy and put half hearted mud on the cop and watcher for no real reason.

Oh and also lynch/vig all lurkers.

That said i had fun, thanks for having me :3:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Tommofork posted:

voted 0 no reference to suzie.

I posted Suzie several times of my own volition. I had TBK's post history opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i laughed my arse off when tirade finally piped up with "hey, maybe one of the people who investigated as town is a godfather?" like five minutes before the game ended

• Locked thread