Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Yeah, it was a great game, very fun, though I wish the commuter role was used on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

numerrik posted:

Yeah, it was a great game, very fun, though I wish the commuter role was used on SA.

We kind of do, it's just uncommon. I also keep calling it hider and I'm surprised nobody called you on that

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Guess I was right (I'm bad at mafia).

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Opopanax posted:

We kind of do, it's just uncommon. I also keep calling it hider and I'm surprised nobody called you on that

In my mind commuter and hider are different things,

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And the commuter and hider may be similar but there is a distinction, like I said in game. Hiders sometimes/usually/maybe hide behind another player making thm vulnerable if they hide behind the NK. The first time I saw a hider it worked that way. I hid behind merk and we got to die together.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I definitely was like.... hmmmm.... I've never seen Opop use that before, sounds sort of fake! I also think of the governor role or whatever as a commuter since they commute the lynch.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Sorry I doubted amoeba hal

but I did believe hal when it mattered :)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Commuter just commutes in to work and lives a different town. So much travel.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well played Ernie, Thanks PMush and CPig for killing one another. Numerrik for me it was just the process of elimination, tough position to be in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amoeba102 posted:

And the commuter and hider may be similar but there is a distinction, like I said in game. Hiders sometimes/usually/maybe hide behind another player making thm vulnerable if they hide behind the NK. The first time I saw a hider it worked that way. I hid behind merk and we got to die together.

I've seen that too but never actually used that particular role I don't think. Maybe once.
Who knows I make too many games

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Dang it! I was so in good shape, why did me and Pmush have to kill each other
:smith:

I was so sad

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

Numerrik, Tiamat, Mafia Aligned Godfather, was killed D3

Town wins!

I noticed there was 61 posts in the thread so I decided to finish a post I started last night but was too tired to finish... but then found the game already won after I finished typing it. Oh well:

If there's only one scum left, my ideal kill order is:

numerrik
Amoeba102
Ernie
Hal
MC Eating Disorder
Murmur Twin
Somberbrero
Rurea

numerrik: Commuter. Could be scum but I can't imagine him being able to do his nightkill and commute. Seems like an odd situation I would have tried to avoid as a mod but that doesn't mean he's innocent.
Amoeba102: Last uncleared Vanilla.
Ernie: Unconfirmed Mason. If I was Ernie I'd rank myself right here in the same spot.
Hal: Could be scum, but he's too okay with being lynched. I rank him slightly higher than MC only because I think such a gambit works more in his favor.
MC Eating Disorder: Could be scum Bus Driver, but he's too okay with being lynched or getting poison bombed.
Murmur Twin: Claims cop. Clears Rurea. He could be scum but I'm not feeling it's too likely.
Somberbrero: Doctor. Just not getting a bad vibe, I guess.
Rurea: I don't feel Rurea can be scum at this point. Murmur Twin cleared him as innocent and I just don't see a situation where he's scum unless there's a Godfather.

I hope I'm not wrong and it ends up being someone on the low end of that list like Somber. I'd feel pretty foolish.

My ideal kill order I imagine would change in the event there's two scum remaining because that would mean two of these people are working together. People like Murmur Twin and Rurea make a more scummy pair in that scenario, for instance.

Poque posted:

Yeah seriously, thanks a ton to Met for replacing me so quickly, it helped take my mind off of "omg you're ruining everything"

No problem. Just happened to catch it right as you made it.

Ernie. posted:

met was wonderful to mason with, although he let his paranoia control him a little once he realized we were unconfirmed

i tried to reason with him using opop's mod-meta but i don't think it worked

Yeah that was fun to speculate. I even asked Opop to see if it worked like Lovers and I could potentially win with a scum Mason.

This is the mason chat. My notes were on the other tab of it.

numerrik posted:

Wish you didn't hammer yourself! I like seeing a scum fight it to the very end. Sometimes they get lucky.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Met wants to put Ernie up for a vote when the cop has cleared them. Met's gotta be scum killing off their town mason partner.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amoeba102 posted:

Met wants to put Ernie up for a vote when the cop has cleared them. Met's gotta be scum killing off their town mason partner.

Oh that's right. That's even in my notes. Oops.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How do we know the game is really over? Maybe Opop is just messing with us.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote Amoeba102

You were on my list right after Numerrik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Met had to be confirmed town. If he were scum he'd leave me around because I had a lot of credibility going for me and I was defending him. The fact that he was suspicious of me meant he wasn't interested in his own survivability.

• Locked thread