Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll play, dibs on Puff the Magic Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Confirming miller.

Oh rad, that's the first Miller claim I've ever seen in like 15 games of Mafia. I was beginning to think they were a myth.

Confirming not-miller.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Wait did I get tricked into playing dungeons and dragons?

uggh, fuckin nerds.

Poor CPig thought he was signing up for the non-nerdy online forums game about dragons :(

numerrik posted:

I use my dragon powers to burn incense to calm all these inferior sober dragons. Puff puff, my dragons.

How do you pass after the "puff, puff"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

This thread has been really confusing to follow - can people save me time and tell me if they're being serious or joking with some of these claims?

Quick reactions:

- nth'ing the "don't shoot Somber" movement just because I want him in the game. Plus, even though I disagree with his case (TheRam is guiding us into Mafia mode, which I prefer to jokephase), I think it was made with the intent of hunting scum.
- Merk's strategy basically plays out as being unhelpful if he's town, and having an excuse to not post if he's scum. I'm not a fan.

TheRam posted:

That said, I've got some scumvibes from this here MC ED! Though I don't think I'd assassinate a newbie.

What's triggering said vibes?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2wX9I9CypU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is why I should refresh before posting when it takes me ten minutes to reread the thread.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Poison Mushroom posted:

According to Votefinder, this is only MC's third game, so I don't really feel good about lynching him, or that he's been pushed to -2 with over a day left until deadline.

I feel like it might just be Lumpen being Lumpen, but pushing MC to -2 (and thus, in range of a scum turbohammer) really irks me. ##vote Lumpen

I find it interesting that PMush doesn't want to turbo MCED for being new (is he even new?), but threw down a vote on ANarc. That said, I feel like I always think PMush is scum.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

D1 is so ridiculous. We all joke post and then people try to pick apart the bullshitting to try and find scumminess. It's so silly. The only way to get info is to lynch someone so we can see the flip and start putting the pieces together.

Unfortunately we have to make that decision with basically no information. It might look like I'm bandwagoning here, but, like I said, lynch is the only way for us to get info. ##vote MC ED

AN is stating a bunch of Mafia truths here - I also hate D1 because it's really hard to make an informed decision. None of the reasoning going into her vote really needs to be said, so it feels like she's trying to put out content despite not having a lot to say right now. That said, it feels like more of a newbie thing than necessarily a scum thing.

TheRam posted:

Over all I feel pretty content to kill MC ED and I am now happy there are enough things to read into about this whole ordeal.

I'm in no rush and see no reason not to let MC ED weigh in more before ending the day.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hahaha. Guess the feeling is mutual.

:respek: ?

:j::respek::j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Role based information is what I have.

Please lynch ernie.

Thats all I'm giving you for now.

If anything, I don't really see anything better to go with D1. ##vote Ernie

TheRam/Somber reads as town/town slapfight to me, for what it's worth. Both are just adding to the discussion which is a good thing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Why is everyone excited to lunch Ernie for lying but giving TheRam multiple free passes?

I don't think I've ever seen a D1 lunch actually hit scum simply based on analyzing posts. You of all people should know this!

CapitalistPig posted:

Role based information is what I have.

Please lynch ernie.

Thats all I'm giving you for now.

I'm voting Ernie because CPig is hinting that there's a good reason to, and I don't think we're going to get a better lead without information based off of flips and such.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Yeah, to me the most likely explanation is that Ernie was goofing about the Lie Detector thing since it's D1. ##unvote

Curious how CPig knows Ernie was lying in the first place though?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

- Merk's strategy basically plays out as being unhelpful if he's town, and having an excuse to not post if he's scum. I'm not a fan.

For D1, I'm sticking with this and am kind of shocked that people are going after Somb, who is clearly trying, over Merk, who is openly not.

Merk posted:

I am in this game. I will be using my new posting style. I have read nothing; I will read nothing.

I'm a doggone dragon.

I've read nothing, but you should vig someone that posted a few times after you claimed and then has gone silent. There isn't enough content to make a soul read beyond that.

Dragons

##vote somb

##vote Merk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TheRam posted:

Lumpen is more likely scum ATM than merk.

Not saying I necessarily disagree but what're you basing that on?

Lumpen is tunneling on Somber - that might be him trying to mislead, or it might be him having an incorrect lead. This early in the game I usually lean towards the latter.

Merk is actively saying "I'm not going to read the game" but laying down a vote. There's almost no pro-town explanation for that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

I don't see myself as tunneled. I have seen two strong Scum pings come along in this game and they are Somberbrero and MCED. When/if I see something more Scummy I will react.

The tunnel has two lanes in it :) I used that word (perhaps incorrectly) because I feel your certainty that they are scum doesn't line up with the reasons you're citing.

Lumpen posted:

This strikes me as a Scumpost.

##vote Somberbrero

Lumpen posted:

Somber and MCED and anyone else trying to get traction on TheRam for "lying" likely flip Scum. Nobody is sincerely that dumb, but it's understandably tempting for a Scum to feign easily to find a place to drop a vote.

Lumpen posted:

Obvious Scumpost.
##Vote MC Eating Disorder

Lumpen posted:

I strongly disagree. (reply to: "if MC ED is scum then seriously bravo that was a convincing post I've read it a few times now".)

I also strongly feel that Somberbrero flips Scum.

Lumpen posted:

I sprawl on beds of golden treasure
Hoard of riches beyond measure
Wise past reason I mull in my barrow
Recognize Scum, and ##Vote Somberbrero

Either way, I don't necessarily think you're scum (I'm null on you right now), I was just wondering why TheRam thought you're scummier than Merk (especially given that Merk's vote was just quoting one of your posts).

While I'm here:

Lumpen posted:

Well, I consider anyone that dumb a liability if Town, so not a bad lynch either way.

Thoughts on Merk?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The votes on Somber are terrible and from what I can see the case on him is "his D1 reads aren't right, must be scum!". Right now I'd bet money on TheRam/Somber being a town/town slapfight.

The idea that people want to lunch someone who is trying to hunt scum while giving Merk a "oh that's his playstyle" pass is crazy to me. If people really think that's fine and don't want to go for him, numerrik makes sense to me as someone who is (a) parroting TheRam's targets (b) without giving further explanation as to why, except (c) that he doesn't have time to play and is just going to throw out votes.

##vote numerrik

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TheRam posted:

Unless you want to try to win the game based solely on night actions I don't see why we would ever actually lynch numerrik who hasn't said enough for people to really get any read on, and who is the loving hugest scapegoat for three players who people should want to kill.

1) Somber for everything.
2) MC ED for being scummy up until the meltdown, making an earest sounding sadpost and then proceeeding to jump on numerrik a.k.a the lazy easy to justify vote (and saying wah I'm confused which is a legit scumtell, it's easy to say I'M SO CONFUSED repeatedly when faced with having to make up reads and is part of why Somb is a scumnut)
3) Narc, for reasons discussed previously.

Because on D1 I grade my scumpicks on effort, not content. As the game goes on and we get flips and night results, I move from effort to content. You really think scum is more likely to post enough to get a good read on them than to lurk and post just enough to hopefully go unnoticed?

Somber's posting seems town to me. We're allowed to disagree.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Met posted:

Somewhere along the line this game got mean. :(

For real. I know it's Mafia where everyone's an idiot, but this game seems a bit more insult-y than I'm used to.

TheRam posted:

Why do people keep saying lunch? I keep reading "lunch me" as "lunch meat". Is this some kind of dragon joke I missed? Is this some mason breadcrumb?

People have said in the discussion thread that "lynch" makes them uncomfortable, so I've tried to stop using it. Honestly I find "lunch" kind of cheesy :rimshot: but I've grown used to it so whatevs.

Actually, I do like the dragon explanation - go with that instead.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Met posted:

I don't begrudge anyone for being uncomfortable with the term but I also think they're being a little sensitive if they get upset by other people using it in the context of the game. I won't go out of my way to make a thing of it, "THIS GUY is going to be strange fruit in the trees by tomorrow" or anything like that because that would be godawful rude. Intent has everything to do with what I'll find offensive.

I personally could care less about the word and it doesn't offend me at all. I just get that other people are bothered by it and it takes 0 effort on my part to change.

I have this thing where ketchup freaks me the gently caress out and I don't like being near it. My friends, bless their hearts, are aware of this and go through the minimal trouble to not wave it in my face / put it on my food. It's totally an irrational thing on my part, but since people do something like that for me I try to show the same common courtesy when other people point out dumb little things that make them uncomfortable.

CapitalistPig posted:

isnt this something that should be discussed in the discussion thread instead of in the middle of a game?

I'm just bringing it up because it was asked, but yeah.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wow, we can possibly get a town flawless victory. I've never seen that before!

AMEOBA102

Amoeba102 posted:

Of people with significant or meaningful content, Ernie and Somb bother me. Just something off about them in a few ways they carried themselves. Ernie trying to claim proof CPig was lying in a way didn't quite fit right, like he was arguing fallacies knowing from the standpoint that it was all predicated on Ernie lying about being a lie detector. Somber trying to jump the gun to get self confirmed is just bad. Why get yourself confirmed - survival. Scum aim to prove themselves town more so than to find guilt in others. The mindset is just weird.

Problem is that it seems like it'd only be either one of them at most as since it would tie them too closely together to be a sensible scum gambit and I have more respect for them than to think that of them. I started off wanting to vote Ernie, but in the process of talking this out, I've started leaning more towards Somber because I've actually gotten around to vocalising what was pinging me.

##vote Somberbrero

Suspects Ernie and Somber, doesn't focus on CPig.

Amoeba102 posted:

##vote Ernie

His vote on Narc is picking an easy target for newbie tells. I think he should know better than that for a D1 lynch.

Suspects Ernie, defends ANarc.

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, but what did they do and why would Lumpen make that joke? It is important to play to understand how disjointed Lumpen's play was.

Suspects Lumpen.

Amoeba102 posted:

New players can all have their different quirks. Some go awkward some go quiet. I also find they are impressionable and take on others opinions pretty readily. Which is natural since you expect more experienced players to know what they are doing. (Then later on they learn we all suck at mafia) So you get new players agreeing with thread consensus. This isn't a truism though and some are head strong etc etc.

Basically, AnonNArc is still new and if you're going for her then fine. I don't like it. Who else would you vote for, though?

Defends ANarc.

Amoeba102 posted:

I did get a little ping going off how Lumpen and Nummerik followed my vote again. Lumpen seems fine, it's more numerrik that is low content/no content bandwagonning.

Suspects Numerrik, "Lumpen seems fine".

Amoeba102 posted:

Vig Met as soon as Opop does the replacement. Best option.

Wants to go after Met.

Amoeba102 posted:

People PMush put serious votes on: AnonNarc, CPig, Lumpen.

Insinuates that PMush was defending Lumpen (who earlier "seemed fine"), which doesn't make any sense since PMush was 3P and wouldn't know the scumteam.

Amoeba102 posted:

It'd be kind of humourous to turbo merk considering the player that he is.

Wants to go after Merk.

I dunno, right now I can totally see a world where Amoeba is the last scum. It seems like he's been willing to go after everyone but seemed to glance over CPig and defend ANarc. ##vote Ameoba102

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Cool, if there are no objections to a mass claim, I'm a doctor.

I'm a cop. Ernie is town. Yes I am a dumdum for picking him last night.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Final note as I'm putting on my shoes: you should probably lynch me today. You take away the perfect town victory, but I don't have any content at all for you to look at on any of the flipped scum - you're looking for a single scum player left. That is, you aren't going to learn anything new about me over the next X days while trying to find the last scum. If I'm the last scum, I'm playing this like a Survivor and have no d1 history that you can look at to see how my reads progressed from when I had to interact with my scum buddies.

TheRam posted:

Take out the trash, do our investigations unimpeded, do the whole full claim thing first. Merk could be double bluffing volunteering for death, in this situation that would probably be a good play, but I think he's town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh3fgZ_uyxo

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, okay. Okay. What was your rationale for copping Ernie?

(this answer doesn't include ongoing games)

I've been playing a lot more Mafia than normal, and in my last run, there's been SMT (Ernie was scum), The Room (Ernie was scum), and The Kill (where I started the game thinking Ernie was confirmed town). Part of it was that I wanted to breadcrumb a "wow every time I play with Ernie he's either scum or confirmed town" (and then either park a vote on him if scum, or talk about how I don't suspect him if town). From a "hunting scum" perspective, the CPig/Ernie lie detector thing was shady and felt like one of them was lying. Unlike, for example, the Lumpen/Somber argument where both players kept piling on information which made me read them as both town.

The most honest answer - I didn't put a super amount of thought into it, I read over Ernie and came out of it with "I'm not 100% of his alignment" so I went for it. The breadcrumb thing was on my mind though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Can I get a quick second opinion on what I said about Amoeba? I feel like he's going unnoticed.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I have a (town) cop result for someone but would like to hear who was bus driver'ed first.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Me and Somberero. Sorry I haven't been super active in this game but I've been sick/starting a new job and also another game has been taking up what little usable brainspace I have atm so I've been pretty low effort here. I thought I had a pretty good reason for this pick but in hindsight it might have actually been a little dumb? I dunno. If we genuinely have no good leads today I don't mind being a token lynch to take my power out of consideration and also because I haven't been particularly active but if we have a solid rolecop that can help us and I didn't somehow gently caress with it I'm all ears.

Rock on, I investigated Rurea last night and got town. I'll start dropping some cases later today.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

NUMERRIK

quote:

numerrik posted:

##Vote Somberbrero

Turbo dunk incoming.

numerrik posted:

##vote anon
It's funny to ride the bandwagon y'all

numerrik posted:

Dunk Rurea all day erry day.

numerrik posted:

##vote MC Eating Disorder

*insert witty comment here about MCED*

numerrik posted:

Well I don't trust the bus driver and think you'll make this game very difficult I can see things are definitely going towards lumpen so I'll throw on my foot with them I can see the logic behind this.

##vote lumpen

The ratio of votes:reasoning doesn't skew in Numerrik's favor. In most cases, he is just following along with the majority, which feels scummy to me.

numerrik posted:

Wow, that was certainly a turn of events. God drat. Is it D2 yet, or are we in the middle of N1? Either way, I should be at full steam Monday as my absurdly long work hours end Saturday, so I can start playing more.

Excellent - who are your two scummiest suspects right now and why? Also

numerrik posted:

For the record, I didn't commute last night.

Why not?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MET

Met posted:

Hey Hal, can you poison TheRam?

Eh, too slow of a death.

##vote: TheRam

I just can't help but feel that if you're scum, you're really mixing me up with these crazy plans. And with this many town, I buy Tracker as a scum role this game.

CPig: Absorber (Defensive)
Narc: Roleblocker (Disruptive)
Ram?: Tracker (Investigative)

That right there is the holy trinity of scum teams.

Going after the claimed Tracker is highly suspect to me, because in the event that TheRam was town (which a scum Met would obviously know), lynching TheRam would have been really good for scum. Plus Met hadn't put any attention on TheRam prior to that - going from no (known) read to voting for him for being a tracker doesn't feel like a real reaction to me.

Met posted:

I had to check the PM. Unconfirmed.That's odd. I just googled it. I've never seen that concept before.

Ernie is my mason partner.

- Does this mean you started the game thinking that you and Ernie were confirmed town?
- You knew what JOAT and Absorber were, but not Unconfirmed masons?

Met posted:

##unvote

Here's a plan for tonight.

Claimed Roles
Doctor
Tracker
Cop
Bus Driver
Poisoner
Commuter

Doctor protects Tracker or Cop.
-Mafia have a 50% fail rate here, 100% everywhere else.

Tracker and Cop
-Go do something productive.

Bus Driver
-Do whatever you want. It doesn't matter. Aim to protect key roles. But you must tell us exactly what you did the next day.
-Mafia have to kill you to keep us confused for the past night's actions OR you have a chance of redirecting their kill.

Poisoner
-Please don't do anything ever.

This strategy gives our investigative roles a fighting chance to find out useful information for us. Mafia have to either risk the 50% Doctor chance to kill one of them or go for a less interesting role. The Bus Driver has a small chance to disrupt the Mafia kill and if he does, we'll be able to remove scum candidates. Since everyone claimed a role, everyone can say what they did on the previous night and we have a great shot of working this out just from role information.

This seems like it was a lot of words to post "the doctor should protect the cop or tracker" and feels like an attempt to generate content. And it also feels counterintuitive given that he voted TheRam for trying to plan towns' moves.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Met posted:

You might be a cop, but your arguments are piss-poor.

I'm just asking questions! :foxnews:

Did you start the game thinking that you and Ernie were confirmed town?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

I'm amazed that I have to spell this out for someone who played in so many games:

It could be a Scum SK Cop lying about results or a Vanilla Scum lying about results.

quote:

The last scum could be a Godfather which makes the investigation results meaningless.

I have to imagine that if/as the game goes on, scum is going to eventually NK me and it will be clear I was town. Other than that, all you're saying is that we should be making cases on scum suspects which seems like a given to me.

Do you have a reason to think Somber or I are scum, or are you just saying that it's a possibility?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

I'm saying that there is very little scum hunting in this game, and it's going to cost us the game if it continues this way. The best case made so far today is mine on Amoeba which is two lines.

I've won in this situation as scum in a much larger game.

Murmur Twin posted:

AMEOBA102

I dunno, right now I can totally see a world where Amoeba is the last scum. It seems like he's been willing to go after everyone but seemed to glance over CPig and defend ANarc. ##vote Ameoba102

(click link for full post, I snipped it for formatting)

merk posted:

I'm saying that there is very little scum hunting in this game, and it's going to cost us the game if it continues this way. The best case made so far today is mine on Amoeba which is two lines.

- Why didn't you suspect Amoeba back on D2 when I cased him? Nothing you cited is new information.

- What are your thoughts on Numerrik and Met?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

You don't need to ask probing questions to try to figure out my alignment; I'm dead at the end of the day. I'm suspecting Amoeba now because I made a new case after seeing that TheRam isn't scum. It's that simple.

Fair enough - upon further reflection my questioning you was possibly an emotional reaction to saying you had the best D3 case after (a) repeating stuff I said about Amoeba and (b) ignoring stuff I said about Met/Numerrik.

quote:

I don't think Numerrik is the last scum because I believe most mods would have re-randomized a CPig, Narc, Numerrik scum team.

I've never modded a game so I don't really have a feel for if that's correct or not.

quote:

It could be Met. My case on him is all tone though. Something feels Survivory off reading him in isolation, like he's not actually trying to find scum and instead dinging around on other players.

In the case of Met I lean town. He said started the game thinking Ernie was confirmed town, and on a reread his D1 posts seem to back that up. If anything, I'm content to trust Ernie's read on Met so far.

MCED and Amoeba are the next two people I plan to take a good look at today. I'd be suspicious of Merk or Hal but am content to see how the poisoning plays out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MC Eating Disorder

I just read MCED and he feels not-scum to me. His posts seem largely based on his emotions regarding being cased (frustration, anger at TheRam) and, to me, seem like it'd be pretty tough/non-intuitive for a newer scum to fake that. He seems like he's paying attention to the game and making an effort to hunt scum - he isn't someone I'd want to vote today.

That said, an admittedly-flimsy theory (that I want to put out there because why not?):

My flavour is a chaos dragon btw which is still a very odd choice for town but like I said I don't actually mind eating it to remove ambiguity since I can't think of a way for it to help us without discussing my targets openly ahead of time which makes it easy for scum to play around

So a heads up I HAVE to busdrive someone each night so if anyone has any requests or friendly advice on who NOT to bus drive I'm open to suggestions

Otherwise I'm just gonna start picking people at random and saying who it was at the start of each day

I anticipate nothing can go wrong with this

I also don't agree that scum is going to be playing low profile I think if I were scum right now I'd definitely be playing the strongest town game I could since you'd basically be a survivor. I think a good lead would be to see who has gotten more and more involved in this game since we've lynched more and more scum

I don't know where Opop stands on flavor tying to the game, but a chaos dragon that has to busdrive every night sounds way more like a self-aligned 3P than a townie to me.

MCED - Are you a Survivor? (If you were a 3p, would you tell us?)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

What kind of sissy dragon hides, indeed!

HAL

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm pretty good at fakeclaiming

I believe you! So I decided to pick your claim post apart. Here's a theory:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'll claim, you may decide to kill me over it, but if you do you can at least still get something out of it.

I'm a poisonbomb/poisoner. Kind of a weird town role. If I am hammered, the hammerer is poisoned and dies the end of the next day.

Hal says that he would be open to being lunched (appearing pro-town in the process)...but then claims a role that makes it unlikely that anyone will actually volunteer to hammer him.

quote:

Alternately I can poison someone at night (and they die at the end of the next day). It's one-shot, if I poison at night I lose the poisonbomb.
True story, Opop forgot to send my alignment in the original PM and I assumed I was 3rd party or scum until he sent another PM that was like "oh by the way you are town"

He sets up the "if I was scum I would have poisoned N1" defense...then drops an antecdote that makes him sound genuine (even though that story could be true even if he were scum).

quote:

Anyway, it doesn't sound like a town role so if you want to kill me I understand, just make sure your second scum choice is forced to hammer me.

That being said, if I was scum I would almost certainly have just poisoned someone last night.

Another reminder that his actions are pro-town followed by logic that helps paint him as town (that he would have poisoned). I've never seen an Absorber before, but a quick google search (Mafiawiki) says "A popular alteration for Anti-Town Absorbers involves letting them take on the role traits of the players they use their factional kill on, instead of whoever targets them". An entirely plausible scenario would be that CPig performed the kill to attempt to steal a power, and that Scum Hal decided to sit on the poison for later knowing that his passive role would be pro-scum if he was lynched.

Hal - prove me wrong! Then case someone.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Forgot to mention - maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like there's an impression that if Merk dies tonight, Hal is cleared. It's entirely plausible that he's telling the truth about his role but lying about his alignment.

If I was the only one that was thinking that (before casing Hal), my bad.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Hal says that he would be open to being lunched

if he was lynched.

As an aside: I give up. I feel stupid saying "lunched" and I can't stick to it with any consistency. I'm switching back to "lynched" with the cavaet that if anyone really cares they're welcome to hit me up via PM and we can discuss it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

MC Eating Disorder

I don't know where Opop stands on flavor tying to the game, but a chaos dragon that has to busdrive every night sounds way more like a self-aligned 3P than a townie to me.

MCED - Are you a Survivor? (If you were a 3p, would you tell us?)

Hmmm..

as the dude currently leading the vote count I feel like I should say no but I'm pretty keen as long as I get to have a meltdown before I get hammered

and no I don't give a gently caress if this is a dumb or bad town tactic because a) I'm pretty sure I"m already dead and b) its just a game guys!

Look I'm going back to bed this game flares up at retarded times for me and I don't wanna deal with it right now but lunch me if you want ram, you're just gonna look like even more of an idiot in 5 hours

I mean I'd like to be useful and I'm sorry for having a meltdown on OxyContin at 4 am and making d1 even more of a crapshoot but we're ahead now and if lynching me removes any ambiguity I'm all for it

If we genuinely have no good leads today I don't mind being a token lynch to take my power out of consideration and also because I haven't been particularly active but if we have a solid rolecop that can help us and I didn't somehow gently caress with it I'm all ears.

*raises hand*

I don't like saying how I'm ok with getting lynched because I think it gives scum an easy target but if we do decide to lunch Hal I think it should be me

please forget I ever said this cause I feel like its kind of doing what I just described, but if I die anytime soon, when I flip town (which I will) please pretend a secret envelope on my person spills out and inside it is a note that says "but what about a 2nd, scum aligned busdriver as WELL"

I think MCED wants to be lynched (or killed during the day) to satisfy his win condition.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

That would also explain why he busdrove Somber last night - he needed to do him and someone he didn't think I would cop so I wouldn't read him as NOT TOWN.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pending new information, I'd be good with Hal or Numerrik. I really feel weird about how MCED has been playing this game - it really seems to me like he wants to be lynched which instinctively makes me not want to do so.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I fine with it. ##vote Numerrik

What's your read on MCED? Inquiring minds want to know.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I wasn't expecting that, to be honest! Go town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I'm not a fan of the bus driver tbh and I'm sorry I put it in there. I just needed one more role for CPig to eat and as much as I wanted BP it made no sense

I thought I totally had MCED's role figured out, ah well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

sorry if replacing out fouled anything up. I hate doing it but last week was just miserable when it came to time availability.

Met filled your shoes admirably! I enjoyed seeing the new Met 2.0, who tries on D1.

• Locked thread