Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

leave it mate he's posting on an iPad 1 with awful.app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yo

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Yo!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

echi if you hate alcohol so much why do you always post like youre drunk

high on "life"

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Syncopated posted:

This thread needs to be more about Yo. What are the future possibilities for this app, where can it go from here. Maybe some new yospossers could get into the yo community?

Closing the thread for a bit, too much ot

yo

yo sucks now, it's lost its vision
let's make the thread about emojli instead
emoj me I'm 📦🍊

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

echinopsis posted:

coz i talk to people about betes all the time they talk about avoiding sugar like sugar aka sucrose is something super evil but then eat noodles or some poo poo and i try to make it clear but they dont get it that ALL carbs are "sugars" regarding blood glucose and in fact sucrose has a lower GI than one would expect coz half of sucrose is fructose and we dont directly metabolise fructose into glucose so it has a smaller effect on your blood glucose levels, although its worse overall but still

my point is that it would be just as offensive if you were baking bread

i use pure glucose to make fondant :twisted:

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
once yo launches an apple watch app , this shits gon get real

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

hard press to send your heart rate

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i helped out a friend yesterday by doing an evaluation for their little project. they made up an app for smartwatches that sends you a notification (they call it Buzz) when someone on your contact list gets within 15 minute walking distance of you (unless their status is set to busy and then the location/distance isnt shared)

and you could saend other people Buzz's telling them where you are. the idea being to quickly find oout if your mates nearby wanted to meetup or if they were busy. i thought it was cool

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Valeyard posted:

i helped out a friend yesterday by doing an evaluation for their little project. they made up an app for smartwatches that sends you a notification (they call it Buzz) when someone on your contact list gets within 15 minute walking distance of you (unless their status is set to busy and then the location/distance isnt shared)

and you could saend other people Buzz's telling them where you are. the idea being to quickly find oout if your mates nearby wanted to meetup or if they were busy. i thought it was cool

i used to talk to people via the mouth but then i thought, there has to be a better way

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Valeyard posted:

u thought wrong mother fucker

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I bet failtard would have bought a cybiko

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

pram posted:

I bet failtard would have bought a cybiko

a portrait of a man, short and near-sighted, with a mop of dark hair heavy with grease, his doctor who scarf trailing behind as he rolls up to a visibly alarmed hotdog cart vendor on a knockoff segway, reaching his powergloved hand into a crudely stitched ninja turtle shoulder bag fishing for a big velcro wallet embroidered with his internet handle

valeyard

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

im back in it

add me i'm mathhole

yo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

a portrait of a man, short and near-sighted, with a mop of dark hair heavy with grease, his doctor who scarf trailing behind as he rolls up to a visibly alarmed hotdog cart vendor on a knockoff segway, reaching his powergloved hand into a crudely stitched ninja turtle shoulder bag fishing for a big velcro wallet embroidered with his internet handle

valeyard

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
yo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

angry_keebler posted:

i used to talk to people via the mouth but then i thought, there has to be a better way

i dunno, whats the alternative? group texting all of your friends whenever you're in a different part of the city? constantly posting your location and f5ing facebook to see if someone responds?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
purely theoretical of course. not likely a yosposter needs to worry about meeting multiple, or even a single friend

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

did you guys find the secret Yo chat service that lets you message the Yo people??

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ok apparently it's not secret but somehow i got to it by like pinching in a very obscure area.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Does your uncle work at yo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is this a Jewish app

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

icq reborn still just as annoying

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

moo cow did you get my pics

pretty funny huh

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I didn't understand I've never seen that before must be some sort of American dumb thing yo

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

i dunno, whats the alternative?

an alternative to aimlessly wandering the streets at dusk hoping your wrist will start buzzing like a cartoon homing beacon?

yeah i'm stumped too

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

yo!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wanna make a yo compoetitor but instead of yo its "unggg"

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jizz me