Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

loose meat sandwich : sloppy joe :: flint style coney dog : detroit style coney dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The last time I had surgery for my hosed up colon, this was the first solid food I ate in 12 days

Still don't know what it was, but it was delicious. Some sort of chicken stir fry, I think.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

EZipperelli posted:

Any type of "salad," (save for the salad consisting of lettuce, dressing, etc) is absolutely disgusting. 99% of the time it's just stupid amounts of mayo, mixed with random ingredients.

Egg Salad: Eggs and mayo
Seafood Salad: Lobster, clams and mayo
Potato Salad: Potatoes and mayo (depending on what region you live in, a gratuitous amount of mustard may also be added)
Pasta Salad: Pasta and mayo

Ad nauseam...

All of those things with just a little to some mayo are pretty good, as are chicken salad, tuna salad, etc. You gotta have a light hand with the mayo, and don't put extra on the bread. If you can't enjoy a shrimp salad sandwich I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but too much of a condiment ain't one

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

don't want none of that delicious loving lobster roll, nope, ewwww, yuck mayo!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I mean, a whole childhood worth of dinners is a pretty fucken big catfish, though. Even if you supplement it with velveeta sandwiches.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I think the key part of the success of that steak might be the "5 month aged grass fed ribeye" part, not the "sautee it in some butter" part which seems fairly elementary.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

putting tuna on pizza is the definition of loving up.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Detroit style pizza, à la Jet's, is god drat delicious.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

QuelleFuck posted:

Probably qualifies as pizza, probably does not qualify as food.

Little Caesar's square pizza is baked in a high-sided pan. They just put pieces of bacon between the pan and the dough before they bake it; it's really not the huge culinary abomination you think it is

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

QuelleFuck posted:

I've eaten Little Caesars. I'm pretty sure most of their ingredients are classed as "[food] product" rather than actual food.

Yeah, well, you know, it's... chain pizza? That loving tuna fish monstrosity was waaaaay worse than LC's bacon wrapped hot and ready.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I used to teach middle school in Detroit and there were two vending machines in the cafeteria that sold food, one with just Flaming Hot Cheetos and one with Everything Else. Kids would have 3 or 4 bags with a soda for lunch.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is the jalapeno/bacon/pecan mixture continuous throughout the cheese ball or is it just a shell? This doesn't determine whether or not I would eat the cheese ball, merely the intensity of said eating.

Just a shell, most likely.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Daffy Duck loved his pease porridge too

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I loving love McDonald's hot dogs, personally.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

would

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

look, it says right there

"cheese product"

that ain't cheese any more than orange drink has anything resembling an orange in it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

If you make your own marshmallow fondant it's actually pretty okay

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

You can make anything with fondant; it's edible sculpture!

But buying big sheets of it and draping it over a nice moist cake is a crime.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I refuse to stand idly by while people disparage the Carl's Jr. Philly Cheese Steak Burger. That is a phenomenal burg.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oh my god this pot pie i got at a loving gas station has cheap cheese and not aged Gruyère, heaven forfend

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Dabir posted:

No it doesn't, don't be silly.

you ever have a colonectomy? the first poo poo after they stitch you up actually does look a lot like that. just redder.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

mmm, a white cheese and water bug slop roll

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

At two separate times during the past 4 years I've gone for 3 weeks without eating (two colectomies for diverticulitis)- not even water or ice chips. The first time they brought me one of those little hospital things of apple juice I almost cried.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

cash crab posted:

D: Oh, jesus. Were you tube fed or something? I can't even go four hours without getting cranky.

IVs. And Dilaudid, and Morphine and Percoset :) If you ever see NBM written and underlined 5 times on a chart, prepare to be hungry (Nothing By Mouth).

They did have these little green toothbrush/sponge things you were supposed to wet your lips with that the candy stripers would bring in but they were worse than nothing.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

cash crab posted:

There but for the grace of God go I

eat a fiber, drink a water, take a walk

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Other divorced parent with 4 kids midwestern culinary classics that I think may have been mentioned include Johnny Marzetti (never with this much cheese, but YES with Kraft cheese food singles):

Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast TV loving DINNERS (like it wasn't nasty enough already?):

and the classic "Mommy Surprise" which we only learned in high school the Marines used to call "poo poo on a Shingle":

I eat out a lot, now. Sometimes people comment on it. I tell them to gently caress off

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

subpar anachronism posted:

I don't think those are kraft singles; they're too thick. More likely it's entire brick of velveeta sliced up- the one in the top middle looks like what the ends look like after you cut open the foil pouch. :gonk:

I actually think it is government cheese, which I'm proud to say I'm also familiar with

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Well, cash crab, government cheese is processed cheese that was provided to welfare, Food Stamp recipients and the elderly receiving Social Security in the United States, and is still provided to food charities. The processed cheese was used in military kitchens since World War II and in schools since as early as the 1960s.

edit

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

there's nothing like a government cheese grilled cheese and some powdered 2% milk :D

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Poor people used to be given food subsidies in addition to food stamps; stuff like powdered milk and the aforementioned government cheese. It's literally all some people had to eat.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Looks like a sad American version of Sichuan green beans

it's actually so, so much sadder than that.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I mean for a buck seventy nine i'd grub on that fucker at least once a week

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I wish I had the opportunity to go to Canada, I really want to try poutine.

They sell brown gravy, french fries and cheese curds at lots of places other than Canada

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's like a crab boil/steam pot, right? doesn't look like it'd be terrible with some crusty bread and some beers

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

So, this is what? Japanese style cancerous coral?

EDIT - Even Tineye can't identify this. Do you know how spooky that is when a computer says "I looked at 12 billion images, and nothing looks like that."?

it's not food

Oliver Haidutschek
With the Back Against the Wall
Pigment print on canvas, LED, AluminiumPigment Print on Canvas, Backlit tension Fabric Display,
Aluminium frame, LED light system160x250x8cm (2 Pieces)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

someone has clearly never had Not Your Father's Root Beer

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

A calzone is pretty obviously a burrito.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lobster is too woodsy and strong? it's about the most neutral flavor there is, usually

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

He's right, though. Sushi is supposed to be about the subtle flavors of the fish with a little bit of soy sauce. Frying it and drowning it in glop aren't the ideal ways to eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I'm an American and there's no dearth of deep fried poo poo covered in glop around here. Sushi is a nice change from that.

• Locked thread