Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Thanks to this thread, I automatically assume "Frozen period blood and strawberry ice treat".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

death .cab for qt posted:

If we're talking drinks with extreme garnish, my friend and I drunkenly concocted a chocolate-rumchata martini with a little extra garnish

garnish with an entire cosmic brownie

Rumchata is amazing, I need to get some more. Usually just drink it straight, though, and not with a brownie float...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aesop Poprock posted:

Kudzu looks really pretty to me which is a shame since it's so damaging. A lot of the south in my memories is comprised of trails and mountains just covered in it

It reminds me of scenery from an 80s medieval fantasy movie

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Not My Leg posted:

A pizza fit for a Pizza Hitler.

So that's what the ovens were for

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm glad to live in a country where we are obsessed with spicy things* :allears: Can't wait for the day we invent Coca-cola with habanero or some weird stuff like that.

I want this to happen please. Go call someone in government!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah that watermelon pizza looks like kind of a fun idea to take to a party or whatever

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Yeah that actually looks like it might be good, depending on what it's made of. Some kind of carbonara? I see mushrooms, a white sauce and bacon or pancetta maybe?

quote:

This is funny, would.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Would, most def

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Don't test me son, I have been to the pizza dimension

How does this work though, how do they not melt instantly even if added post-baking

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I really want to try that now

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

theironjef posted:

I thought it was hilarious, but I figured the next guy was gonna freak out, so I told the store manager, and he angrily handed me another cup while saying "Yeah, there's bees in there! Bees everywhere, you can't get bees out!"

lol what?

Did they reboot Seinfeld or something, because this sounds like a plot

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bobby Digital posted:

Use garlic bread.

brb going to die

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OctoberBlues posted:

I find them amusing, but I have fairly low standards. I could watch the LA Beast eat disgusting crap all day long..

That is because LA Beast rules

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I can't take my eyes off of the Black Blood steak. Deeply unsettling doesn't even begin to describe it. :stare:

Fresh placenta with squid ink, over a bed of asparagus

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

What, just, no, why

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SystemLogoff posted:

I think this may be the worst idea for rice pudding. :(

I... Don't know how to feel about this. I kind of want to try this. I think it might work.

... maybe?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Scathach posted:

It's still called canning even when you use jars.

Maybe ugly food needs to be in opaque containers.

Covered like those eating ortolan bunting, hiding their shame from God

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

frenchnewwave posted:

Person on FB was so proud of her "DH" making this for dinner. I'm sure it tasted fine but did not photograph well.

Dead Husband?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

death .cab for qt posted:

It's 3 ingredients and fairly easy to make.

Hardest part is the fries. You want them crispy, not soggy. I usually just bake pre-cut fries instead of futzing with frying.

You want your gravy to be hot and ready once the fries are done. Homemade duck gravy will be phenomenal, but packaged turkey gravy can work in a pinch, as long as it's gravy you already know you like.

Finally, cheese curds. No pussyfooting around this one. You need real, squeaky, quality curds. You can usually find them in chain grocery stores, but the best I've found them wad actually from a butcher who sold cheeses as well. Those fuckers squeaked.

Pout hot gravy over freshly cooked fried, and top with cold cheese curds. You want them chilled, not warmed. Eat happily and heartily, but remember: the Quebecois are not forgiven the sin of being Quebecois just because they have poutine

I've never had luck with supermarket curds in god's chosen country of the USA, but the ones from Tillamook cheese factory in Oregon are squeaky as hell and delicious

I had poutine from the vancouver zoo when I went, it was okay

e. nevermind it was the aquarium

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ErIog posted:

A hot dog and a sausage are not the same thing so the meme doesn't apply. :colbert:

Also, don't you mean "yo dog...?"

Totally going to open up a dog-in-sausage stand now and call it Yo Dogs

That does look good though and would, totally

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

pentyne posted:

(a prepaid cellphone that Guy Fieri texts recipes to while high on whippets)

This is too long for a username isnt it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I wish I could get a meat pie in the northwestern USA, I had some in Sydney and fell in love, from some food cart at the end of the bridge across Sydney harbor

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tiggum posted:

That's still not an Australian-style meat pie though. Not just the shape, the filling looks way too dry - and are those vegetables of some kind? This is what they're supposed to be like:

(although it is not necessary to draw a picture of Australia on top with the sauce)

This literally made my mouth water irl, I want to destroy this

I dunno, I think this concept almost could kind of maybe work; declaring a solid "might"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The rest of this post is weird enough, but this is nuts

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Plinkey posted:

Heat it up and it's super creamy tomato soup!

e: In the microwave of course.

Ughhhhhh

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rollersnake posted:

I wish so badly I had taken a picture of it, but once the cafeteria at the hospital I work at made something they called "Kenya stew." It was a bland, watery version of that African chicken and peanut stew topped with:

sliced raw red bell pepper
crushed salted peanuts
chopped hard-boiled egg
dried coconut (sweetened, of course)
about 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro, just left on the stem and not cut at all
frozen chopped peaches—as in, not thawed

It's the most hilariously incomprehensible food I've ever seen intentionally made. African food as interpreted by thrifty white space aliens.

Peaches? I mean the rest kind of might work, maybe, but peaches?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

and for the lady, ogre testicle over partially digested multigrain nutrition bar, with a cilantro / dog food jello

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Samizdata posted:

And what to drink with that, sir?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

freelop posted:

I love curries, on one occasion during uni though I decided to get one from the local indian owned chippie.

The oil was actually washing any curry off the naan bread I was dipping into it so I decided to tip some of the oil away into my doom room sink :downs:

What in the gently caress

Maybe I'm getting the wrong curry but usually the not oil to oil ratio on the curries I get is slightly different than this

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

freelop posted:

It is far in excess of the amount of oil I've ever had with any other curries.
Dishes are often oily but usually it gathers in little pools on the surface rather than making a complete layer.

Right yeah like there's a very decent indian place I go to semi regularly and their curries do have some noticeable oil but drat, looking like the Deepwater Horizon spill in that bowl

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

subpar anachronism posted:

is this an oreo quickbread?
also bowl full of miscellaneous white cubes. these are not cheese or tofu.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hello new desktop background

Take a pizza, leave a pizza.

No ring, 0/10

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Humboldt Squid posted:

My name is a grilling word.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Really ugly almond chicken?

The chinese place near me makes almond chicken that looks like that, kind of, only it actually looks like chicken breasts with almond.

[it's also fuckin delicious]

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hey, you can't say I didn't warn ya. I was never a fan of squid anyways so :shrug:

This, however, I am a very big fan of.

I feel like this should be an album cover

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Dead broke student cuisine. When you don't even have ramen or little boxes of raisins.

:smith:

Or for me, broke child cuisine when it was like midnight and I was raiding the fridge. I used to do exactly that. :smith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Cash crab when did you open a restaurant?

I love sole food

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

cash crab posted:

e: I quoted you twice because it's so hot that I am dizzy. :) Please kill me.

:ohdear: please find yourself a nice trash can or mobile home porch to hide under

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Metropolitan Museum of Art Presents: Artists Remember the 90s

"John Bobbit, with Orange"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

You're welcome. Just tell me what that weird grainy red sauce leaking out is when you get a chance.

You see, when a woman experiences the miracle of birth,

• Locked thread