Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

King Doom posted:

I'm still mildly annoyed that Shadow Isaac's DA2 Lp was locked and I think he was banned over it. It was the most searing pile of viciousness I've ever seen and the entire thread was glorious.

I don't think he got banned. There was some kind of "Pay to be in the LP" joke and stuff behind the scenes that pissed off the mods, but it was my first exposure to how BAD Bioware had suddenly gotten and a lot of people weren't ready to face the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Anyone got a link to the thread? Sounds like a good train wreck

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Anyone got a link to the thread? Sounds like a good train wreck

I may regret this, but I kind of want to see this as well.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Kavak posted:

I don't think he got banned. There was some kind of "Pay to be in the LP" joke and stuff behind the scenes that pissed off the mods, but it was my first exposure to how BAD Bioware had suddenly gotten and a lot of people weren't ready to face the music.

Didn't it get put in the comedy gas chamber?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Didn't it get put in the comedy gas chamber?

Right, after it was closed. Think it got locked once before then reopened then moved to a blog.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I remember he moved it offsite and finished it after it got gassed, but I'll be damned if I know where. I got linked it once, but the humor... didn't age very well if I recall.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
That lp really needed the thread, it was a magical package. By itself, yeah, it doesn't really hold up.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Stroth posted:

Except for the part where everyone, including the darkspawn, say it came from that time the Tevinter Magisters invaded the Golden City.

And that doesn't even get into the implication that it's actually a disease contracted by the Titan that supports Thedas.
It's both. Something something the war with the Titans unleashed something super bad, the Golden City was probably part of a system to contain that poo poo, which is why it can't be reached even in the Fade. When someone took the direct route straight to the Golden City, the darkness that our one sorta-reliable witness says was 'already there' consumed the Sidereal Magisters and escaped into the mortal world.

Everything fits, but also every witness we have is pretty sketchy. Unknowns are still how the old elves hosed up so bad and what exactly is going on with the Titans, as well as what exactly the Void is in relation to the Fade and the mortal world. We also know almost zilch about what the gently caress is going on and has been going on outside the bounds of Thedas proper, with such tantalizing hints as 'the Qunari were running from something', 'there might be something inherently unnatural about the Qunari', 'the continent across one of the seas drives everyone that attempts to go there mad' and 'ships used to come from across the Volca Sea to trade, rumors have it they've started arriving again bearing news of a catastrophe'.

Thanks for the LP, Inferior! I just managed to read it all! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Thanks for all the posts guys, it’s been a blast.

LP is now up on the archive, so that’s it for the thread. Bye!