Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I love the Secret Boots from Symphony of the Night, hidden in a tiny alcove halfway down a 100ft. waterfall:

They literally just stretch your sprite 1 pixel taller and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Their was a Xman game for sega where you were fighting mojo and you had to physically reset the game console. Nowhere was this explained and I never actually beat the game. Help I didn't even find this out till I looked it up a few months back.

Well, Prof. X tells you to "Reset the computer now!" in a caption. What more do you want?
I also never beat the game until the internet existed.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Fsmhunk posted:

All of these descriptions of 'trolls' in Metal Gear Solid four make it sound incredibly awesome.

Anything that directly involves Snake himself taking care of poo poo is badass. The other 60 hours are pretty safe to zone out through, though.

KoRMaK posted:

I just realized that there was a MGS4 that wasn't the sword one with nano-machines, and its PS3 only.

Oh it has nano-machines. It will never stop reminding you about the nano-machines.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Also him.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Dabir posted:

FFIV DS, full stop. Takes what was already known as a hard FF game

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone say that FFIV wasn't the easiest game in the series.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm just laughing at the idea of an awesome sword called Excalibur 2. Real creative name guys.

The kicker is that you get it so late in the game that you practically have to try to not do 9999 damage with Steiner at that point, so it's really just a trophy.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-h1z1-hackers-publicly-apologise-for-cheating/1100-6427500/

quote:

Following a swathe of recent bans, Daybreak Game Company, developer of online zombie survival title H1Z1, has decided to give cheaters a second chance, provided they release a public YouTube apology.

quote:

"So far we've unbanned three people out of 30k we've now banned. One of which is probably about to get re-banned for taking his video private," Smedley said on Reddit.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
True story: I got bored about a half-loving-hour or so into the ending and wandered off to make a sandwich. Then about an hour later I happened to walk back into the room where my tv is and found out there was post-game content!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

contrapants posted:

It's interesting that most trolling games are RPGs based on this thread.

:airquote:Mainstream Gamers:airquote: probably aren't willing to put up with this type of bullshit for long, so it mostly stays isolated to RPGs and the like.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

they are, you can romance most of the humanoid companions regardless of gender and you can romance them even if you've romanced someone else already.

The start is a bit rigid but it's not a big deal.

Whoa whoa whoa hold the gently caress up. You're telling me that people on the internet were bitching about nothing!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Somfin posted:

drat dude you sure showed me, all games are created equal and nothing is racist anymore.

I guess Call of Juarez: The Cartel didn't have any message to send when it featured modern-day Mexican drug lords abducting American women for sexual slavery, because if I were to read that as fueled by anti-Mexican racism as well as a complete reversal of the actual truth, that would be me being my pitiful WASPy self.

There are so many games that I haven't played because I didn't want to give my money to support horrible racist shitbags, but now that there's no racism in video games I suppose there's no harm in me buying them and giving my money to their creators.

None of this has anything to do with Guacamelee (or Trolls From Game Developers).

• Locked thread