Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Any video game that references this website, for example:

Fallout New Vegas

this website survives a nuclear apocalypse posted:

-The YCS/186 Gauss rifle is named for the "Your Console Sucks" forum that has the forum ID number 186.
-The abbreviated console command for disabling Hardcore Mode is "Babby", a reference to a meme that originated on the Something Awful website. In addition, the word "Babby" is often used as a perjorative in various Something Awful subforums.
-A Wild Wasteland encounter found near Goodsprings consists of a man in glasses named Johnny found dead at the edge of a cliff. Johnny is surrounded by various objects including five ace cards and four orange balls. This is a reference to Zybourne Clock, an infamously awful failed amateur game project that originated on Something Awful.
-Pew Pew, a unique laser pistol found as part of A Valuable Lesson, is named for a Something Awful Forums Meme that arose from the mockery of recruitment advertisements for a Something Awful Forums based EVE Online group named Goonfleet.

GTA Vice City

have sex with, then kill some hookers, then post about it here posted:

There are several references to the humor website Somethingawful.com including the title SA Goon when your score is between 1000 and 1010, and there is a newspaper called Front Page News, a reference to the Front Page of Somethingawful.

apparently Pokemon???

I'm sure this website has all Easter eggs ever but gently caress if I'm going to spend any more time on it posted:

Pokemon Diamond And Pearl has several references to Something Awful as a result of Nob Ogasawara, one of the series' lead translators, frequenting the forums under the pseudonym Douglas Dinsdale. For example, a female trainer with a Wooper is named "Roxy" after the name chosen for the main character of Chorocojo's Let's Play of Pokémon Crystal that decided to get rid of her Totodile because it was evil, and replaced it with a Wooper. Also, after you fight an Artist trainer, he tells you he's been inspired to paint a picture called "My Pokémon is Fight!", a reference to Zack Parson's book My Tank Is Fight!

Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Bethesda and ubisoft both suck and like to gently caress. Each other. posted:

In Azura's Coast (13, 5), you can find the corpse of an NPC named Arlowe. On the corpse is the BanHammer. This is a reference to the Something Awful Forums, where the site's creator, Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, uses the Banhammer to ban trolls. On the forums, Kyanka is sometimes referred to as R-Lo, which is a homonym of Arlow

Apparently In Final Fantasy IV for Game Boy Advance some goon translator put this in

oh boy it's from 日本 posted:

Obviously Slender

There's some other game (mmorpg?) that has a poo poo ton of SA references that's escaping me right now but yeah. Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread