Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Clearly the people downloading and running something to give them all achievements don't care about them at all, nosiree. I like getting periodic "hey, you did something cool with our game's mechanics" notifications.

Any way, have some Eternal Darkness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXcajQnasc

Highlights:

quote:

3. Your TV will appear to change video modes while it sounds like your character is getting attacked.
7. After saving your progress, the game will pretend to delete all of your saved files.
8. The game's audio will turn its volume down incrementally.
10. After finishing a chapter, the game pretends to abruptly end, saying that the story will continue in an eventual sequel titled "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption".
35. Casting a healing spell causes your character to explode in a fake instant-death.
37. Max accidentally shoots himself while reloading his two flintlock pistols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Yeah, Witcher 3 looks better, mostly due to all the post-processing effects (sharpening, chromatic aberration, vignetting, more taxing anti-aliasing on trees) going on. MGSV was striving for a more simplified style so you can get a quick read of a situation or setting, which largely works, but The Witcher is a more slow-paced affair, and the graphics there have been tweaked accordingly for a more painterly style. HairWorks and noodle-hair was a huge mistake though; it looks way better off.

The real Witcher 3 troll is the fact that there are like 12 discernible music tracks in a game with 100+ hours of content. I mean, what the hell.

• Locked thread