Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Well?
This poll is closed.
Great posts, Adam Bowen. 95 24.74%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ 124 32.29%
You're very handsome and good at posting 93 24.22%
I'm a dipshit who wants to be probated forever 72 18.75%
Total: 250 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This is good family fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It doesn't even have to be a good avatar.

yeah, just look at FactsAreUseless!

i'm sorry, i actually really like your avatar. i regret having typed those words. please forgive me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all is forgiven in the thunderdome

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

yeah, just look at FactsAreUseless!

i'm sorry, i actually really like your avatar. i regret having typed those words. please forgive me.
No, everyone knows my avatar is bad, it's why I went with the modified version instead of just getting a new one. Spite.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
yeah but an av is just yet another thing i'd have to buy when i inevitably buy the farm

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Entropia posted:

yeah but an av is just yet another thing i'd have to buy when i inevitably buy the farm

i dont know about other subforums, but kewpuh basically doesn't ban people

you have to be a really egregiously bad poster like stux, and even then, stux was only going to eat a 7 day probation if he hadn't dodged

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's an avatar I made and never used, if anyone wants it.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i try to branch out. you know, reach people in all the forums no matter where! rustle their jimmies, make them think!

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's an avatar I made and never used, if anyone wants it.

i'll take it!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Entropia posted:

i'll take it!
Whatever you do, don't.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
you cant tell me what to do

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Entropia posted:

you cant tell me what to do
Just be aware that from 12nd January 1973 it will no longer be legal.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
laws are meant to be broken :black101:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
if ur shitposting is good enough someone will buy u an av

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Having an avatar bought for you out of spite is pretty much the dividing line between shitposter and white noise

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ill take ur word for it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
buy me an av cert

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's true, if you push someones anger button just right, someone will buy you a lovely avatar, usually with red text just about what made them really angry about what you wrote.

Doesn't matter if what you wrote.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
naw that isn't a shitposter distinction, a lot of the people who buy avs for others are just loving nuts, i say as one of the dozen or so people spambot bought the same custom title for

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Was Spambot the one who bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of avatars because he was mad that Starbound, a $15 game made by an indie studio, didn't come out on time?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It is extremely hilarious when someone spends real money to shame you with an avatar, but you also have to deal with the fact that only someone severely mentally ill would actually do that and be extra careful not to post any potentially identifying information.

Has a goon ever murdered another goon that we know of?

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
haha like a goony rear end fucker would have the guts to do anything irl

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Entropia posted:

haha like a goony rear end fucker would have the guts to do anything irl
Caro went to the middle east (and got himself killed).

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

It is extremely hilarious when someone spends real money to shame you with an avatar, but you also have to deal with the fact that only someone severely mentally ill would actually do that and be extra careful not to post any potentially identifying information.

does suicide count

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paracelsus posted:

Caro went to the middle east (and got himself killed).

you know what, i take that back. caro was great and i hope more posters follow in his footsteps

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Was Spambot the one who bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of avatars because he was mad that Starbound, a $15 game made by an indie studio, didn't come out on time?

I wish I knew who bought me a starbound av

Adam Bowen posted:

some random guy named vaginal cramps that ive never talked to PMed me out of the blue about how I was a shitposter and then got mad when I posted about it publicly

it kind of weirded me out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
technically most of the TCC goons have committed murder by encouraging and enabling drug addled people in the name of "harm reduction"

one very mentally ill goon got lots of advice from TCC about disassociative drugs and took them along with his other medication then one day passed out in 100+ F weather and melted to death. Then his wife used her account to ask the TCC goons the best way to take the drugs that just killed her husband. Also how to defraud an insurance company

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Eonwe posted:

technically most of the TCC goons have committed murder by encouraging and enabling drug addled people in the name of "harm reduction"

The phenazepam stuff lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I say first to win 3 is the winner, and either 25 or 30 kills. Any less than that and the game will go really really fast.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eonwe posted:

one very mentally ill goon got lots of advice from TCC about disassociative drugs and took them along with his other medication then one day passed out in 100+ F weather and melted to death. Then his wife used her account to ask the TCC goons the best way to take the drugs that just killed her husband. Also how to defraud an insurance company

:magical: please link this amazing thing

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Eonwe posted:

I say first to win 3 is the winner, and either 25 or 30 kills. Any less than that and the game will go really really fast.
Are we talking Quake or subforum bodycounts?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Entropia posted:

:magical: please link this amazing thing

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557301

then her trying to defraud an insurance company: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583393

there is a thread on GBS talking about it, but here is the older and funnier thread also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684376&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thanks. You're a good one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paracelsus posted:

Are we talking Quake or subforum bodycounts?

:eyepop:

but yea, Quake

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

That older and funnier thread was killed becaus Stux couldn't stand the idea of humor and relentlessly shitposted in it, making him a shitpost double threat.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
stux ruins everything

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

koolkal posted:

stux ruins everything

Pretty much. If there's no good reason to ban him there's also no good reason he isn't on permanent probation either.

Adam Bowen posted:

I'll always remember Spambot as the guy who endlessly posted about the PC being God's Own Console in YCS without a hint of humor.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Eonwe posted:

some random guy named vaginal cramps that ive never talked to PMed me out of the blue about how I was a shitposter and then got mad when I posted about it publicly

it kind of weirded me out

Yeah that was legitimately pretty creepy. When I said I didn't want to give out my IP or use Hamachi or anything like that, it wasn't because I was worried about you or VBC or Taint, but for every single person that posts on SA there are dozens of others that basically only lurk and there are some real creepy fucks in that group.

Eonwe posted:

On the Keto sub-reddit one time there was this dude who was living the dream and living basically only on Bacon and Steak, he went to his doctor for a blood test and his doctor told him he was extremely concerned about his results and he needed to stop what he was doing because he was putting himself in immediate danger. The guy chewed out his doctor for not understanding ketosis or how to read blood test results, and basically it turned out he just wanted the numbers to post on /r/keto so he could consult with them about it. The internet is a wonderful place.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good looking out, that makes sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

whenever i see the PM notification i always prepare myself for absolutely insane autistic bullshit, it is the best defense you have

• Locked thread