Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

I looked, and behold a white horse, and he who sat upon it had a phone and a pen, and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The one problem with saying racist things is that people will accuse you of being racist!! How unfair.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lame Devil posted:

The pants are on the ground.

Original:

This cartoon is very funny, it can't be an original Bok.

BTW, Bok looks a lot like younger Harlan Ellison.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

steinrokkan posted:

This cartoon is very funny, it can't be an original Bok.

BTW, Bok looks a lot like younger Harlan Ellison.

Oh man, I never noticed that. Thanks!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Big Ol Billy posted:

In the grim darkness of the 44th presidency, there is only...

Yep this is the good stuff right here.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
Only old goons will get this

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I've been looking through Bok's gocomic archive and he seems to have a seething hatred for food stamps in particular. Did A food stamp murder his father or something?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

^^^wait is that an edit? Or is child care actually death?

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

alnilam posted:

^^^wait is that an edit? Or is child care actually death?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yes it's an edit, the text on the originals isn't aliased.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I've been looking through Bok's gocomic archive and he seems to have a seething hatred for food stamps in particular. Did A food stamp murder his father or something?

Hats off to you people who can look at Bok's cartoons long enough before your eyes glaze over that you can make something of it. The guy just gets a memo with the week's talking points on it and scribbles out hideous monsters saying "I'm dumb and evil! booga," there's hardly anyone who's supposed to be sympathetic, and it's just depressing to look at.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Lucky Donkey!!!

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

killhamster posted:

This is incredible. Love it.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm no Rorus Raz, but I made a thing.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

killhamster posted:

That's a trip down memory lane.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I housesat for a couple that had WebTV

It was kinda clunky to use

Big Ol Billy
Aug 12, 2007
Pays as good as money!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

killhamster posted:

digging the thing at the top left and i cant remember what its called but its definitely not watermark

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
It really is stunning just how horribly, disfiguringly inhuman these right-wing cartoonists always manage to draw for Obama. It's like they can't even acknowledge that he's a human being, just a sort of misshapen dark-hued squidbat.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

I like this one a lot. It's poking at Bok without sinking to the level of racist slurs or mere "pee pee doo doo he is a bad cartoonist" that I've noticed a couple of times in this thread.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Grundulum posted:

I like this one a lot. It's poking at Bok without sinking to the level of racist slurs or mere "pee pee doo doo he is a bad cartoonist" that I've noticed a couple of times in this thread.

How dare they say this bad racist cartoonist is racist and makes bad cartoons.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Now here we see an interesting portrayal of one of the early 21st century's leaders and a object lesson in the symbolism found in the art medium known colloquially as the "politoon". Though symbolism could be considered the key component of the genre, with such common portrayals as representing political parties with a totem animal and the nigh-ubiquitous placement of textual cues, this particular approach has some interesting nuance.

The artist has portrayed his subject with unusual proportions that leaves almost no resemblance to the man's actual appearance. Ah, but the imagery given by shape of the head, long and cylindrical with a bulbous top, is undeniable. The artist takes things a step further, placing the ears unusually low on the face, making them an analogue for large, virile testicles adjoining the turgid, girthy phallus. Such as it has been done dating back to the age of the pyramid and the obelisk (and far beyond into the earliest known annals of human expression), the raw expression of the masculine traits: power, leadership, aggression, to name a few, is put nakedly on display. For a man in the position some have coined the "leader of the free world", this makes perfect sense.

But there is something more. The large, highly curved, and red hued lips speak to something very different. As some anthropologists have speculated, but normally in regards to women, such emphasis on this facial feature evokes a vision of the labia in peak arousal. Fascinating; representation of the female genitalia juxtaposed right along with the male. Not only is this leader strong, the artist suggests, but he is also nurturing, empathetic, intuitive. A man cast in the essential symbolism of both the masculine and the feminine. A complete human being with all virtues, usually forced apart by the the social constructs of gender.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Thought I'd do a nice mashup

Original

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tempted to email or tweet the winners to Bok :getin:

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Buy him an account

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

submit them to AGC. :getin:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Bok is a firm believer in the principle outlined in both the Bible and the Soviet Constitution: He who does not work, does not eat.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Could anyone who has already transparentized Bok's smiling, gold-tinted face please post it itt, in the spirit of the contest?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Original, from 1995.

EDIT: Oh, and a bonus:

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 11, 2015

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

How dare they say this bad racist cartoonist is racist and makes bad cartoons.

Doing it with racial slurs and tiny-dick jokes seems like it's sinking down to his level, though, and isn't the entire point of the thread that he is a bad cartoonist in addition to holding reprehensible views?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mister Beeg posted:

Original, from 1995.

Wow, Bok's art has gotten really bad. I mean, this isn't mind blowing art, but it's passable in a way that his current crude scribblings are not.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hah!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Goddamn do most of his cartoons have composition on par with "Obama in a void growing ever more purulent"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grundulum posted:

Doing it with racial slurs and tiny-dick jokes seems like it's sinking down to his level, though, and isn't the entire point of the thread that he is a bad cartoonist in addition to holding reprehensible views?

Counterpoint: this is Something Awful. Ironic racial slurs and dick jokes are pretty much our raison d'être. :v:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Abyssal Squid posted:

Goddamn do most of his cartoons have composition on par with "Obama in a void growing ever more purulent"

"butt snakes" is cracking me the hell up.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Counterpoint: this is Something Awful. Ironic racial slurs and dick jokes are pretty much our raison d'être. :v:

Touché.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Grundulum posted:

I think he's right. We are the real racists :(

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Wow, Bok's art has gotten really bad. I mean, this isn't mind blowing art, but it's passable in a way that his current crude scribblings are not.

On the other hand, doing a parody of a beer commercial seems about the right level humor-wise.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

• Locked thread