Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions HUGE MEANIE, Dazzled

As nice as dancing is, whatever's on her head isn't going to go away by just dancing. Especially since she seems to be spacing out again. And now she wants to go somewhere? Maybe it's whatever's on her mind, she just remembered something? Speaking of, a small moment of warrior princess Lizzie popped in my head. Look, it may be weird when she does this, but she's clearly got.. something, right? Something bigger than all this. Either that or one of the worst un-diagnosed cases of ADHD in the history of medicine. Since she can usually pay attention, I'm sticking with the former right now. "Alright, yeah!"

Go with Lizzie with minimal interference and questions until we get where she's going

Okay, so now we're on the way, there's less loud noises directly in my ear. "So, um, what's going on?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot 0, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Touchy Feely, Manipulative, Playing the Field, Unicorn Victim

I blinked. That...wasn't precisely the reaction I was anticipating from her, but the way she was nuzzled up into my bosom wasn't...unpleasant. I was, probably, blushing a little from it - I really wasn't expecting something so farward. But I hugged her back. I smiled. I put a hand in her hair and pet, softly. "Hey, it's...it's okay." I offered. "Let's go sit down, okay?"

Felicia can have an xp.

I was sorely tempted to, well, lift her chin, give her a kiss, and drat the audience. But she had clearly been brought far enough outside of her comfort zone, and I wasn't going to succeed by scaring her off now, of all times, so I just kind of started maneuvering us off the dance floor. "We'll sit, we'll cool down, we'll talk. Just the two of us, okay? We'll laugh and we'll talk and we'll be happy, okay?" I keep petting her hair. "There's a punch bowl with our name on it."

Promising Felicia that alone time now, if she'll take it! Would post more but I assume Lydia getting jumped is imminent, so...

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Forgiveness/Trespass 1/0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Suspected lesbian, clueless

I don't say anything as I take Jay by the hand and lead him out of the building through an open fire exit. People will probably think we're sneaking off to make out. A few minutes ago, the thought would have been embarrassing and maybe a little exciting but it barely even registers.

The cold October air chills the sweat on my skin; I shiver, but I feel sharper, readier. Ok. I turn to Jay. No embrace, no holding hands this time - that wouldn't be fair...

"Jay, I... there's something I have to do tonight. It's Blake... Blake Dunsmuir, you know him right? He's planning something bad, I don't know what, but I have to stop him, I... I don't have any choice." I give a short, bitter laugh. "You've probably noticed I've been a little preoccupied." Deep breath, Lizzie. "I... I can't really explain it, not the whole thing, but... it's..."

It's what? What do I tell him? That I hear voices? See patterns and visions in the world? That I have to fight demons? That I've got thousands of years of memories that aren't mine? How could I possibly explain?

Hold steady: 2d6+1 5

I can't.

"... I'm sorry, it's... hard to talk about. I'll try and explain better some time, but for now... could you help me? Help me find him, and we can put this behind us, and get back to where we were... if you're still interested."

Spending a string to offer Jay experience if he helps Lizzie with Blake.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions HUGE MEANIE, Dazzled

Is she serious? She looks serious. This isn't just some bullshit reason to try to get out of things, because it would be pretty bad for that. Well, what's the worst that could happen? "Look, if it means you'll get to relax some, I'm all for it. Plus, he's only one guy, how much trouble could he be?"

XP Get!

"Um, so, how exactly are we supposed to find him? Who's he friends with? Do you know what he's trying to do? And I'm guessing there's a good reason we're doing it and not doing something like calling a teacher or the police?" I shift nervously in my suit and tie, knowing that this isn't exactly made for action adventure time. Sadly, it isn't like I have a costume that would make sense right now. Then again, I do have Megan's stuff here, and all it'd take is a cape or whatever to get something resembling a Harry Potter outfit going. Right? Damnit, I knew I should've been paying attention better when she was nerding out about all that.

"I'm following you on this one." And let's hope that the bloody, warrior princess Lizzie was actually winning that little scary dream I had. Otherwise, this is going to hurt a lot.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I can tell Jay doesn't quite get it, but at least he seems serious about helping me. If he sees it as something to get me to relax, then, well I suppose that's ok. I wish it were that simple.

"That's the thing, I don't know what he's up to. Like I said, I'll explain some time, but I suppose I was hoping it'd fall into place when I saw him. That's why I haven't gone to any kind of authority, I don't know what I'd tell them. Sorry, this must sound so vague." I shiver a little. We should probably head back inside.

"I don't really know who Blake's friends are - I was sort of hoping you would, since he's a boy. I've seen him hanging out with Megan a few times, but I haven't seen her tonight. I think someone said he hurt her ankle? Anyway, let's go back inside, give the building a good search, and if we can't find him, then, well... I'll make it up to you. I promise." I think I almost want that to be the case... to be able to give the angel my excuses, spend the night in the arms of 'my mortal.' If only...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Megan: you step into the summoning circle and reappear inside the cramped confines of your locker. Good thing you didn't put on much weight. Only problem is you forgot to consider that the lockers would be locked on an evening. And now you're trapped inside one and you seem to have neglected to bring your locker key assuming it would even work at all from the inside. Oops still you're not going to let a thin piece of metal hold you back from giving everyone exactly what they deserve.

roll cold to pick the lock or dark to just blast it off . On a 10+ you do it, on a 7-9 you do it but attract attention from someone on 6 or lower you do it but you get a hard move

Lizzie: You feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up as your angel senses scream out a warning. Whatever is happening it's going to happen soon. And if you don't stop it who knows what could happen. But how the hell are you going to find Blake? the Schools a big place and he could be anywhere. Are you and Jay going to stick together or do you suggest splitting up to cover more ground?

Jay: Hmm what do you know about Blake anyway, I mean I know you were in different classes but you must have heard something. Where does he hang around?

Jessica: Well that was impressive Donna really does owe you a favour for that one. Now you're free to have a little fun of your own. Or you would be if you didn't happen to be stood unfortunately close to Pippa when she pukes. "Ugh I don't feel so good." She says woozily as she slumps against you. Wait is that blood mixed in with her phlegm and sick? Do you try and abandon her to her date given the way she's been treating you or do you help?

Lydia: Yes play it slow and steady that's the key to getting Felicia to like you. Then once you've lured her into your web you can---

"Hey beautiful dance with me." Troy doesn't seem to be willing to take no for an answer judging by the way he pulls you roughly to your fee and the wide vacant grin stamped across his face. What do you want to do to him in revenge? What do you actually do while Felicia's watching?

Felicia: Well Lydia is being accosted by some random boy. Are you jealous that other people are interested in her? What do you do while she's distracted that you don't want her to notice?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: -1 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 3
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Twisted Ankle, Digs Own Grave, ~Darkest Self~

In a long corridor of St. Andrew's School, dance music distantly echoing off the lines of lockers decorating the hall, there's a sudden flash of green light from the inside of one of them. Followed by a banging noise, a muffled profanity, and then a long, drawn-out sigh.

I was supposed to appear outside the locker! Dammit! Of course I know where I am, it's obvious - both because it's where I had the circle, and because I've been in more than my share of lockers before. Pretty lucky I appeared the way I did - scrunched up and fine - and not like I could have - hideously dismembered. So that's a win. But being locked in here? No, no that's NOT happening. I'm a mage, I'm not a little kid that gets bullied anymore. Never again.

Rolled a 13 Dark Earlier to escape the Locker, using that high roll to just transmute the door into a crutch.

Pointing at the door and mumbling a few words, I extend three fingers on my other hand to complete the spell. A shimmering ray strikes the door, which proceeds to spring off the door. It makes a shrill grinding noise as it warps and twists itself into an improvised crutch. I still have that injured ankle, unfortunately, and I didn't bring my crutch with me. Hell, I didn't even change from what I'd worn before I lost my virginity. To Thom. Who I've almost certainly beaten here, which is hilarious.

Clambering out of the locker and testing out the crutch, it seems like it'll work. Now, it's only a matter of where to head first. I can hear the party from here, I know that's where everyone BUT me is having oh so much fun. And I'm going to show them why that was a terrible idea soon, but not yet. The Priests that exiled my father, let my mother and me suffer.... they're first. Father Greene should be here I think as I trudge down the halls, eyes darting about to look for potential surprises. He may know I'm a witch, but he won't be expecting this. I'm already muttering a few spells to prepare myself for our encounter - for now, merely trying to detect him, test out any defenses he might have up.

<Rauri> Gaze about Father Greene
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
Scary and confusing please. Marking XP.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot 2 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Tease

Urgh. Did I really come to the dance for this? Pippa barfing all over the place and oh god is that blood? loving hell Pippa. Not only is that gross as gently caress the smell is starting to get to me. I'd like to see what happens with Lydia and Troy, but I think I probably have to take care of this. Pippa is clinging to me pretty tightly, as if she hadn't just been a huge rear end in a top hat to me all week, and she'll probably wretch all over me again in a minute.

"Come on Pippa." Trying to support her with as little contact between us as possible, I start leading her towards the bathroom. "What's up? Drink something nasty? Or did you get in a fight with something nastier and didn't have any backup because you've been a huge dick to Thom and I the last week?"

9:57:40 PM godfish shut down Pippa
9:57:52 PM godfish !r 2d6+1
9:57:52 PM Krysmbot godfish, 9+1 = 10
Taking a String

I'd take her to the bathroom at the side of the gym, but theres a large crowd nearby still, and its at the other end of the hall right now. I'll just get her to one of the ones in the school proper, less people to watch and I can ditch her. Once I've made sure she's alright. And then go find someone with appetizing blood to eat now she's got me all hungry. Not that her's wouldn't be appetizing normally, just... not while she's sick.

I shove open the door to the bathroom with my shoulder and push the stall door open with my foot, then bend Pippa down over the porcelain altar and give her a healthy slap on the back. "Let it all out Pippa, there we go. Better out than in."

Was that a tooth?

"Oh god-"

9:48:54 PM godfish run away (gotta get that exp)
9:48:57 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
9:48:58 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7-1 = 6
I rolled the shut down after the run away, so I'll leave it up to Ferro if I can spend the string to make that a 7 or have to eat the hard move.
If I can, Ill run into something worse (totally Megan)

I back out of the room hurriedly, forcing myself not to puke. That's nasty as gently caress. And I'm undead, I should know nasty. As I go I hastily pull out my phone to anonymously dial 911 and report a girl puking up blood and teeth in the girls restroom at the school, then hang up again. No point getting stuck talking to cops for ages.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1, Integrity +2
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Personal Space Invader, Daydreamer, Cuts and Bruises

Lydia takes me over to the chairs and we sit down to talk, she's so nice, she just couldn't possibly hurt me, could she? I was still shaking but I was feeling a little better as we sat down - after all, there were so many people here, it's not like anyone would do something like bad or hurtful here with so many people watching. I mean the teachers would assuredly step in if like a fight started or if Lydia tried to physically hurt me here. And she wouldn't! Would she? I couldn't get it straight in my head, it just was so hard to focus. But then I look up as I hear someone who isn't Lydia say something.

Someone is pulling Lydia up forcefully, dragging her to her feet to dance and I don't even care what fear I had with her. That was not something a boy should do to a girl - or to anyone at all! That was like, one hundred and fifty percent disrespectful! And I couldn't believe he'd just be so blatantly disrespectful right here, so I grabbed his arm as he grabbed Lydia's, tugging him - and Lydia- towards me as I stand up, stopping him, "Hey! Stop just dragging her! IF she wants to dance with you, she'll go out with you on her own, you jerk! Just how disrespectful do you think that is, who taught you manners?!"

SHUT DOWN
19:42 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
19:42 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8 = 8
APPLYING DISRESPECTFUL

I wasn't jealous or anything, I just didn't like when people were disrespectful. None of this was selfish or wanting to keep Lydia for myself! I swear.

Integrity for People Should Nevers? Fleesa stood up to a bad person :D

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 22, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I mean, I heard he was a little weird. I mean, he spent time with.. oh. Well, could be useful to go over what kind of places weird people would hang out. Don't know if he'd want to be alone, but there's definitely some places under the school proper where people who were a little out there may hang out. Then again, I really don't want to pretend like I'm Megan right about now. Especially since I haven't seen her nor do I know how her ankle is feeling after all the hopping around and everything at lunch. "So, I could guess that he might hang out in the boiler room? Or whatever it's actually called now, but there's a room downstairs where people smoke and it's brilliant if you don't want people to find you."

I shrug, trying not to think about down there too much or the fact that I definitely have Megan's uniform down there. It'd work in a pinch if I had a cape and we knew that it'd help with the situation, but I really don't want to get hit with a crutch tonight. Among other things I don't want to get hit by. "Then again, could be the roof. It'd help if we could figure out what he's trying to do."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Touchy Feely, Manipulative, Playing the Field, Unicorn Victim

I was just about to put some patented charm on Felicia when some...mongrel filth grabbed me by the arm and dragged me back to my feet. What was his name? Trey, or something pathetic and stupid like that. But he had a strong grip and, for a second (just a second), my eyes went wide. This was...not according to plan, this was...frightening!

"Get your hands off of me, you pig!" I shouted as he wrenched me to my feet. It was a gut reaction, not part of my plan. This wasn't part of my plan at all!

Also shutting down Troy, tagging Disrespectful for +1

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 5+2 = 7

Ugh, barely, guess I'll trade conditions again, and apply "Pig"

But he wasn't listening to me, not one bit. Not even to say anything, just to try and drag me back onto the dance floor. Well I wasn't having it! I was with Felicia and I wasn't about to let this insect ruin it OR dictate what I was doing with my evening. "Get OFF!" I screamed and I put my heeled foot down on his as hard as I could. There was a fair bit more panic in my voice than I anticipated, and it was louder than the music. Well I didn't care if anybody heard this or saw this - why weren't the chaperones doing anything?! I was being assaulted!

and Lashing Out at Troy, too, tagging Pig for that +1

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> woo

Dealing Troy a harm and giving him a string on me.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

A flush like I'm embarrassed, a shiver down my arms, a twinge of nausea. Something's happening, something's about to happen. I don't have much time, and though Jay's come up with two good suggestions, we'd have to split up to cover them both... and now that I know Jay will back me up, I'm reluctant to go alone. And he might be wrong.

"I don't know what he's trying to do, maybe some kind of... ritual?" Oh God, that must sound crazy. "I, uh... explanations later right?" I'm starting to babble. Underground, at the school's heart, that'd almost certainly be a place of power, but how much power? The school was never laid out especially well from a geomancer's point of view, and I don't know where this room actually is. My fault for being a goody-two-shoes, I suppose. The roof, on the other hand... he'd be under the stars, and the moon (why didn't I check the phase of the moon?!), he'd be well placed to direct the energy flow of the whole area if he needed...

"I think... I think the roof sounds more likely, but I can't be sure." Deep breath. He's looking to you for instructions, Lizzie, so act like it. "Ok. We'll split up. You check the boiler room, I'll check the roof. If he's not there, come straight back here. I'll do the same if the roof's clear. If either of us gets back here and the other one's not there in 10 minutes, we come find each other. Alright?" I grab him and kiss him, more fiercely than before, more fiercely than I thought I ever could. "Ten minutes!" I turn on my heels, ready to run.

Turn On (Dazzled) Jay: 2d6+2 9
For good measure :v: (String)/promise/self?

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 23, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

As she kisses me, there's that part of me that wants to just hold her there, and have us just..well, do what teenagers do. But she's really intent on doing this, and all I have time for is holding the kiss for an extra second. "Alright, if I can't find him, what am I looking for? Dead animals? Chemicals?" If I'm doing this for her, I'm not going to half-rear end it. Ritual or not, if she's taking this seriously, I'm going to take this seriously as well.

Promise to give his best in this search for Blake.

Plus, not to say I haven't had some hero fantasies. Unfortunately, I'd be aiming for more Odysseus and less Achilles here. And I have just the thing, assuming I find him. Assuming he's actually friends with Megan. Assuming I can make up some excuse better than being poor as to why I'm wearing school clothes. And I can hope this ritual thing isn't something actually dangerous. But that's a lot of hoping and assuming, and not much in terms of facts. "Ten minutes!" I give a quick wave, trying my best to move quickly without breaking into a full sprint. Especially since I don't know who's watching.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Lizzie: You descend into the basement shrouded in darkness as it is. Even the lights down here cannot seem to penetrate the inky blackness as if something was preventing them. You can smell something. Something the angel part of you recognises as fresh blood. A voice echoes out of the darkness. Blake's voice. "It took me too long to figure out what you are you know. A servant like me. But while I am rewarded, praised. granted my desires you are outcast despised by those set over you. You deserve better. I-we could offer you better." Is he right? and are you tempted to accept his offer?

Jay: You step on to the roof to find the place almost deserted. Almost being the key word as someone giggles. "We won't be disturbed up here. we can just you know..." she trails off suggestively. Only to get a grunt from someone else do you recognise the voices? if you do do you say anything or retreat back the way you came?

Jessica: "oh god don't leave me" Pippa begs. "I feel bleugh" she pukes again. "help me" she says weakly.

Pippa gives you the condition Heartless.

As you run away leaving her to fend for herself. Do you feel a twinge of guilt? She was your friend after all even if she no longer is and worse than that she's suffering. Or is guilt something you abandoned a long time ago with what you've had to do to survive. You turn the corner and walk almost directly into Megan what do you say to her?

Megan: The door disintegrates in a shower of sparks and it's easy. Surprisingly easy even for one of your talents. It's almost as if the magic is stronger here all of a sudden. The whole area seems absolutely saturated with magic. Drenched in it. It's never been like this before now and whatever wards whatever defences the priest may have in place have likely drowned in it's power although you're unable to penetrate the blanket of power to make sure. You turn the corner towards the damnable priests office and almost walk right into Jess what do you say to her? Is she next on your list to be punished?

Felicia: Your eyes are briefly distracted by the sound of the main door to the hall opening and in steps Donna. Looking absolutely magnificent in the costume you helped make. She's added a classy touch of her own though. A broach that seems to glint in the light. And has she done something different to her hair she seems a little beit more attractive than the last time you saw her. Do you take advantage of Lydia's distraction to go and talk to her?

Lydia: Your blow barely seems to faze him as he maintains a stupid grin. "jus-wanna have fun. that's all no need to be mean."

you get the condition party pooper

By now though heads are starting to turn towards you and one of the teacher's is coming in your direction. Which one is it? and what do you want them to do. to get things back on track?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Twisted Ankle, Digs Own Grave, ~Darkest Self~

Why hello there, Jessica!

"Hullo, Jess." I start, waving a hand that's still sparkling with magic. This place is a... nexus of it, somehow. I'll have to study it, after I've dealt with those who've wronged me. Taught them what it means to be pushed around with no hope of retaliation. Speaking of, Jess sure didn't mind bullying me the other day in the locker room. Forcing me to admit about my magic, my dad... she's going to regret that. Phone or not. And then there's the matter with Thom - hell, he's probably on his way here to meet with HER right now. I don't smile often, and the one I'm wearing now can hardly be described as such. It's more a rictus grin, a look of absolute and terrible power. I have a question or two for her at the very least. If she answers them satisfactorily, she may even get to stay the hottest girl in school.

An idle thought occurs - how funny she'd look puking up blood, retching in her own sick, her hair turning grey and falling out in clumps - but I resist the urge to make it so. I could, you know. No one can stop me now. Hair being blown by the invisible winds of magic that are MINE to command, I change my wave into a fist, crushing the energy I'd been manipulating with it like a hammer and anvil. The green light bursts once, rebounding off the walls and ceilings, making high pitched hissing noises wherever it strikes. So much power - the priests were right to fear my father, to fear ME. I'll make them see that.

"Funny thing just happened." I inform her, enjoying the look in her eyes. I've worn that expression myself so many times, I know how it feels. It's good to see it on someone else. "Thom knew I was a witch - and then he hosed me." I gesture down, my clothes still disheveled (I've forgotten to button my shirt back up I'm realizing, but I don't care), then point the hand I used at her. "And then he left IMMEDIATELY to come here. To see someone ELSE."

The answer to these next questions determines whether or not I ruin her life. I'm almost hoping she gives me an excuse to, mobile phone or not. "Who told him? About me?! Was it you, or Donna?! And - is he coming here to meet with you?" She looks startled, so I snap my fingers, summoning a sickly ball of warped looking light to hover above it... and then send it crashing into her.

<KittyEmpress> you have a hex for it C'MON
<Rawri> but guess I'll roll it
<KittyEmpress> BE A GOOD WITCH
<Rawri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rawri, 8+3 = 11
<godfish> nah its cool or okay :v
<godfish> well Jessica got a lot more mad :v
<KittyEmpress> yesss
<Rawri> truth time, baby
Cast Ring of Lies on Jessica

"Answer me Jess, NOW."

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 27, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Tease, Heartless

I shudder again as I hurry down the hall away from the bathroom. I do feel bad about leaving Pippa there, but I couldn't stay- puking blood and teeth is disgusting enough, but what really made me leave was that as gross as it was, the smell of blood was... appealing... Even in that circumstance. I couldn't stay without being sick myself or starting to fed on her. And I didn't have a clue how to help her though. I'm not a monster though, so I described where she was and what was happening to her as best I could to 999, then hung up. Not getting caught up in this anymore than I have to.

Just as I'm putting my phone away, I round the corner to see Megan. I start to smile, then pause, confused. "Mega? Why aren't you at your place? Shouldn't you be having fun with Th-" I stop at the look on her face, some sort of horrifying leer-grimace. "uh. Hmm." Green light, rather sickly, starts filling the hall, streaming around the place. Okay, she snapped. Great. Great. At least she should still be hypnotized and won't mess with me? Not sure I want to rely on that right now though, honestly.

"Well that was loving lovely of him." For fucks sake Thom I loving WARNED YOU not to tell her you knew. loving idiot. I'm doing my best to act collected and generally unruffled here, but I can't help but eye the glowing ball of light hovering near me uncomfortably even so. I'm not sure if magic can kill a vampire, but I'm willing to bet getting blasted with it would hurt a lot either way. And seriously, he hosed her and ditched her?

"Why would Do-" I break off again as she sends the ball of light plunging into me- it doesn't hurt, which I'd expected, but it seems to be filling me. What is it doing? "gently caress!" I stare at her, glaring now, she thinks she can gently caress with me? After everything I did for her? "Mistake." I can feel my teeth growing inside my mouth, jaw muscles flexing subtly, I want to sink my teeth into her throat, get some blood as payment for whatever she just did to me. Not seeing any demons or anything yet though. "I don't have a loving clue where Thom's going you little witch- but yeah, I told him! Pippa, Thom and I used to hunt down monsters, so I told him to be careful around you- after what you did to me, can you blame me?" I sneer at her, "You probably do, actually actually, which is exactly why I warned him, if he told you he hunted down supernatural things to impress you, you'd probably be doing this," I gesture to myself, not actually sure what 'this' is at the moment, "to him, not me. Didn't tell Pippa though- since she might actually get it in her stupid head to do something about you- I thought we could be friends. Maybe I'm the stupid one though."

"But this is better- see unlike Thom, I'm not helpless. I've got my own secrets." I give her my best vampiric smile, showing my fangs rather obviously, and move in closer to her. "Now- I see two options. I've been trying to help you, make your life better, been trying to help you and Thom get with each other, since you both obviously want it. So- You can either undo whatever you just did, we pretend it never happened, and we can help each other, do whatever you came here for, maybe gently caress those drat meddling priests up, or we can fight it out, here and now, and see who comes out on top." I'm close enough to her now that my breath is playing against her skin, my lips positioned in such a way that could be equally attractive or threatening.

5:52:09 PM godfish turn on Megan :v
5:52:19 PM godfish with digs own grave
5:52:21 PM godfish !r 2d6+3
5:52:22 PM Krysmbot godfish, 10+3 = 13

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, that can't be right. Because that sounded like Nadifa, and I don't speak gruntese, so I can't tell who she's with. Fantastic. She could be in trouble if that's Blake and he's about to.. well, hell, I still don't know what he's trying to do. Well, I'd rather be embarrassed while embarrassing someone else. Awkwardness is my strength. "Hey! Blake, you up here? Need to talk to you!"

I walk around the corner to whatever they're doing, trying to seem oblivious to what's actually going on. Even if I know exactly what's going on around that corner. Hopefully they are still in the early phases, so it's just a little blushing and not shouting and other kinds of trouble. I even prepare for the eventual situation as I walk right into it. "Whoa!"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1, Integrity +2
Harm 1/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Personal Space Invader, Daydreamer, Cuts and Bruises

Lydia hits the guy and oh gosh hitting people isn't good but he really really isn't taking no for an answer and I just don't know what to do, I'm glancing around in a panic, still holding onto the guy's arm as I see Donna entering the gym and audibly gulp. She really did look really... really pretty. But I couldn't get distracted, I needed to get help, not stare at Donna - help for both Lydia and the person who apparently couldn't take no for an answer, because I really didn't want Lydia to hurt him more! I felt so upset at myself for even being distracted for those few moments, ugh, but there was a teacher! And it was even Miss Tate who was coming towards us, so that was like the best possible thing because she was like the nicest teacher.

So I just wiggled out of it and ran over to her, "Miss Tate, Miss Tate!" Okay I didn't need to run, or shout at her, she actually flinched but gosh the music was so loud I could barely hear myself think, "Lydia and I were just talking and having fun and he came over and he started pulling her forcefully and he wont take no and it's terrible, you need to talk to him because he wont listen to us! I think someone might have," I paused and gasped, "Done something to the punch, he's acting like he's doing drugs or something!!"

Manipulating the teacher to intervene!
KittyPhone !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot KittyPhone, 10+1 = 11

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

It's him. It has to be. This unnatural darkness, the smell of blood... definitely some kind of ritual. If he's talking to me, it's either finished, or he's interrupting himself. Unless he's powerful enough to cast it while holding a conversation, in which case I'm in trouble. My head is still swimming, my mouth is dry, but there's a fire burning behind my eyes now, keeping the fear at bay. I can't fail. I won't fail.

Hold steady: 2d6+1 10
Taking 1 forward.

And his words... I expected this. I know what I have to say - get thee behind me, Satan. He's right about so much - I am a servant. I do deserve better, I know I do, after all these years. I've got nothing to show for it except broken memories and exhaustion and angels interrupting every attempt at a normal life. But if he expects me to believe that serving a demon would be better... part of me wants to shut him up right now. If it weren't so dark, I'd have hurled myself at him already. But there's another part of me that wants him to keep talking... what would be the harm in letting him explain?

"Tempting, Blake." I try to sound sincere, but I can't quite keep the scorn out of my voice. "But it's not exactly a blank cheque, is it? What's your boss made you do for your reward? What's he making you do now?"

Manipulate Blake: 2d6 4
:rip:

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Touchy Feely, Manipulative, Playing the Field, Unicorn Victim, Party Pooper, Terrified

This...arsehole simply isn't getting it! He won't let go of me! And now Felicia's run off (I know it's to try and get help since I can see her flagging down a teacher out of the corner of my eye, but still) and I have to admit my heart is running a mile a minute and not in a pleasant sort of way.

<LifeGetsWorser> holding steady vs. a horrible assault!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+1 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> goodness

I'll trade Unicorn Victim for Terrified

So I was kind of freaking out, but at the very least I knew Felicia had my back, no matter what. "This is your LAST loving CHANCE arsehole, LET GO OF ME!" I warned him about the teacher as best I was able to at the moment, squirming uncomfortably in his grasp. I couldn't care less if I was swearing over the music and disrupting this shite dance. We were not dancing! I wanted NOTHING to do with this loving insect how loving DARE HE put his hands on me without my consent! AND he won't let the gently caress go!

<LifeGetsWorser> shutting down a pig!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 9+1 = 10
<LifeGetsWorser> boom shaka lacka lacka
<LifeGetsWorser> should've been +2 even

Going to take the string he just got on me away.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 30, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fangs?

Alright, she's a vampire. C'mon, they look exactly like they do on TV! Thank god I've read so many books, I bet I know how she works! Corpse, animated by magic, blah blah blah. Comprehendable. "That's interesting," I remark, stepping back from Fangs McKenzie. Not being in range is probably the smartest place to be given bloodrinking being in the cards. Jessica being incredibly hot and able to make out with whoever she wants has suddenly taken on a more sinister tone.

Jessica thinks she knows sooo much. Vampire or not, time to disabuse her of her notion that I was in the dark about Thom's activities. "He'd already told me about your, his, and Pippa's activities." Mostly true. "And I'll have you know that, if you lie to me..." I grin at her a little more, taking a step back. I've got a few spells in mind already, just in case she tries anything. While I'm sure she's not a true threat to me - she may have been once, but not anymore, I can rewrite reality - she'd be an unwelcome element if I'm fighting the priests too. Better to have her working with me than against me. Also, that she'd genuinely been trying to help me is mindblowing. That she wants to gently caress the priests up - and therefore makes for a natural ally - is important as well. Given the choice, the people that exiled my dad take precedence over the girl that's been messing with me for a few days.

"I'm not removing the Hex - I still don't entirely trust you - but we're not fighting, unless you do something stupid. Don't lie, and I'll remove it when we're done with the priests." I inform her, indicating between us and dissipating the spell I'd been gathering energy for. "I'm not sure why you're after the priests yourself, but they're who I came here to get. Sooner the better, so if we're working together, anything I need to know before we get there?" I indicate for her to lead the way, determined to make good time - and easily capable of it, between my magic and crutch. I'm thinking of using it as a staff to focus my rage into the Fathers, see how they enjoy it - it'll be fitting. For now though, Jessica's shown that she's afraid of me, even with my crutch. These priests need to suffer first... and if Jess wears herself out, all the better.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 2, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Seriously Thom? Do you only think with your pants? "Eh, well. You can see why I'd warn him though, yes?" She keeps mentioning lying, so is that what she did? Something that stops me from lying? But she wouldn't warn me not, so hmm. What, does it like tell her if I lie, and if I lie she'll do more sever stuff to me? I suppose that's it. She's probably completely snapped at this point. Especially because she thinks what she just suggested is a remotely good plan.

"Uh, so.... you want me to go fight a cult of anti-magic priests who hunt vampires while I'm not allowed to lie? Because that seems like a bad plan to me." I hope understatements don't count as lies! "How about, you remove the hex, don't do anything else magic to me tonight, and then we follow your plan. I'm a pretty good at lying when it comes to it though!" That sounds reasonable to me, and I layer my voice with the best persuasive honey coatings, maybe laying it on a little thick. But I don't want her to gently caress with me anymore tonight! Or ever. But tonight especially!

12:16:31 AM godfish hypnotize Megan!!!! :v
12:16:42 AM godfish !r 2d6+2
12:16:42 AM Krysmbot godfish, 8+2 = 10
12:16:46 AM godfish :v

Also tossing in an exp to not Hex Jessica tonight because Jessica really wants this to work and who knows how darkest self works with this

While she removes it, thank god, I compliment her a bit on her magic, so she knows I mean it- her magic is really impressive, way showier than what I can do for sure- and I try to fill her in on everything I know about the priests on the way there. Which uh.... isn't much. "I know they spied on Thom using his necklace thing, and one of them told Felicia to report to them if she found out about vampires or anything else supernatural." I think for a bit as we walk, then the really obvious one comes to mind. "Oh right, and one of them had the thing I drank that turned me into a vampire, so..... I have no idea what that means, actually. They probably know how to deal with vampires and mages though, so we probably want to do this fast." I sure hope she has some plan for this, because I don't! Once we get to Father Greene's office, I glance over at her, a finger to my lips, and gesture at the door, then mime knocking, then a kamehameha beam gesture, and finally kicking.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Lizzie: "Please give a little credit. I'm not going to tell you the details of my evil plot when it's still remotely possible you could stop it." Blake sneers in the darkness. "But if you've truly had enough of being a doormat the sacrifice is nearly complete and then I'll finally be rewarded. You could take your place at my side and rest assured I will reward you more than the doddering goody two shoes who's thumb you are under at the moment." Still with all the talking you've managed to almost pinpoint where Blake is in the room. Do you go for him now and try and disrupt the ritual or are you scared that that will only make things worse?

Jay You walk right into Mark, hastily pulling up a pair of trousers. What had you interrupted. "Jay what the hell man." He says as he glares at you "This better be important you were interrupting some quality time." This time both Nadia and Mark are glaring at you. There's no sign of Blake anywhere but now you've got the lovebirds pissed at you. What excuse do you give them for why you're looking for Blake? Why do you think they don't believe you?

Jessica and Megan: The two of you push through the door however you chose. Only to be confronted by Father Greene, with what looks to be a sword of some kind in one hand and an old looking gun on the table in front of him. What's most shocking though perhaps is the blood bag he's slurping hurriedly in his free hand. "I should have known they'd send someone to stop me" he gives you both a grim but slightly manic look "But I wasn't expecting students, Maybe that was my failing. Still I won't go down like Pruett without a fight and you'll not delay me while your foul master completes his rituals" What the hell is he talking about? What do either of you say?

Felicia: Miss Tate glances over and like the good teacher she is immediately moves to help deal with the situation. All 5ft 6 of her in high heels. She glances around briefly albiet not showing any visible nerves but she must be at least a little nervous at taking on two students bigger and stronger than she is. None of the other teachers seem to be around right now. What do you do to help her calm down the situation?

Lydia: "Ok sweety." He smiles at you blearily unconcerned by your insult."But just a goodnight kiss to send me on his way." He leans in to make the attempt. Looks like you'll have to resort to more physical persuasion if you're going to get rid of him what do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Megan doesn't seem interested in deciding, so I decide to go for the dramatic, and kick the door in. To see uh. Uh. What?? I gape obviously at him for a moment, before I pull myself together. "What? You're a vampire???" Does... that mean all the priests are vampires? That would explain why that cursed drink -whatever it was- was in Pruett's office... But... What? "I thought you priests hunted down monsters?!" Hang on... "Foul master? What are you talking about? No wait explain the vampire thing first." poo poo, I hope Megan is doing better at figuring this poo poo out than I am.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, nothing I say is going to convince them that I didn't know what I was getting into. All I can hope is that it's complicated enough that they'll get back to what they were doing rather than asking too many questions. Questions like why you want to find Blake and why did I completely expect it to be these two given my luck. "Sorry, you guys seen Blake? He told a mate to meet him in the usual spot, and it was either here or downstairs, it's complicated. But neither of you are Blake, which is pretty obvious, and I wanna find him before they run out of the... things he had." I'm trying to sound like it's booze, drugs or something else we're not supposed to have.

"Look, just.. sorry. You two have fun, alright, and I won't tell anyone what's up? Or.. whatever, look, I'm going to go back downstairs."

[08:19.09] <thelazyblank> Manipulate Nadifa and Mark, sorta?
[08:19.13] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[08:19.14] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+1 = 8

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Well, I shouldn't be surprised. Blake's not stupid, he's going to want some kind of proof he can trust me. But it's his mistake, as well - with every second I stand here in this darkness listening to his smug voice, my curiosity fades and my sense of purpose strengthens. The mention of some kind of sacrifice clinches it. I have to stop this now - there's no guarantee I'll be able to undo whatever it is he's trying to achieve if I let him continue. I'm pretty sure I know where he is, roughly, and I should have the element of surprise... the rest is in God's hands, I suppose. I take a deep breath, center myself, and charge toward his voice, shoulder lowered.

Lash Out at Blake: 2d6+1 8
Blake can deal Lizzie 1 harm in return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 2/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Twisted Ankle, Digs Own Grave, ~Darkest Self~

We're at the Priest's office before I've even realized it, and there's some stuff I vaguely remember from the walk, about other supernatural stuff they've been up to. Seems this town is stranger than I thought, and they're involved with all of it. Well, no wonder they were able to force my dad away.

As we burst in, there's a prepared (but not nearly enough, I don't feel enough magic here from anyone but ME) Father Greene, and he's... oh good, he's drinking blood. That's even easier than the fangs. Also, loving nasty. He starts his insane rant, and I'm just curious enough to know what he has to say to not hex him immediately. When he mentions "foul master" and "complete his rituals" though, I snap.

Thrusting two fingers at him with my right, the fingers on my left flow in a complicated pattern as the hand itself makes three quick triangles. Glaring at him, the air seems to split for the briefest moment as I begin to chant. True words of horror and pain and mutilation, syllables that crack the world just to utter. As I finish the world stops for a split second, and then a horrible black symbol materializes before the priest, drifting into him and sealing his fate. I'm gasping from the intensity of the spell, slowly lowering my fingers with a triumphant grin.

<Rauri> Wither Father Greene
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
<Rauri> eh, can take a harm.
<Rauri> Giving him the male equivalent of the "or their period comes and it comes by the bucketful," example. Also during DS, so more powerful than intended and has weird side effects.
<Rauri> since he's a vampire, probably about to have a pretty bad time

Sadly, I can't kill him yet. He owes me a lot of answers first. "Nice to see you today, sir." I begin, genuinely meaning it in the most unpleasant for him sense possible. "You're going to tell me where my dad is now, and why ruining my family's lives was justified." I haven't stopped glaring at him, waiting for the hex to start shredding him from the inside. "Tell me now." Jessica's here too, but she's forgotten. I am going to find out what I want, make this man suffer, and then take whatever items link to the rest of his organization I can find from this office. Then I'll deal with Thom.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 18, 2015

• Locked thread