Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This game is great and oddly enough, your use of guns really mattered. I did get annoyed with how some guns seemed weak until that one enemy showed up and went to town on it. Survivor is such trash though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fleve posted:

I've been replaying areas a lot because of re-recording and you can get strangely good at the game once you know your weapons and enemies. Not saying that I'm good, but a lot better than when I first played it. There's a boss in the next area that can be somewhat difficult when all you do is shoot at it, but it just melts away with the right combination of weaponry. Once we get to meet enemies with shields, weapon type is going to be even more important.

I keep reading how Survivor is the pits, so I never even installed that. From what I'm gathering it's not even fun bad but just the plain bad bad kind.

Definitely. Sometimes games seem to forget that just being fun is way more important than being cinematic or whatever. I also love the pacing, levels take about 15-40 minutes, and usually every area brings new enemies, new weapons, more music. I can't wait to show off New Atlantis.

If you sell a bunch of trading cards you can get the game for virtually 'free' at this point. It's totally worth it.
I think they gave away Survivor last year or two. The only good thing about it was the big gimmick you wish was in this game. You are left with even more low budget cinematics and a terrible combination of broken character mechanics and storytelling.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The one in Deadly Premonition is drat funny to use. Enemies warp to you while flailing around at 10X speed and weakly slap you for burning them.

• Locked thread