Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maybe they'll have announced Chihayafuru season three!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Fangz posted:

Maybe they'll have announced Chihayafuru season three!

But that would mean there's a just god in this universe.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

drat, I didn't want to enter this thread until I watched the episode until I suddenly realized that there was no episode this week. :negative:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm glad I waited. Might watch at the weekend so there's less of a wait for the next one.

I haven't caught up with the manga yet either, so it'll be interesting to read after watching, rather than the other way round.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
This was a very good show.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Even the train groper turned his life around. :3:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I bought all of the translated manga after I watched this episode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Takeo is a magic man who can turn evil into good, whether it's with positive feelings, or his fists.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoubleDonut posted:

I would do this but I already bought it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Darth Walrus posted:

Even the train groper turned his life around. :3:
So that's who that was. Perfect.

What a good episode. What a good series. What a good feeling!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

Is there a one stop shop or did you get them from various sites?

I have a strong feeling I will do the same after watching.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Suna is eternally the best bro.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just bought them on amazon, because I live in the middle of nowhere and there's nowhere nearby that could possibly carry manga

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm that weirdo who buys all their comics digitally and bought all of the volumes off iBooks.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Favorite scene was Afro Samurai defending his waifu

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Well I'm almost certain that this has anime of the year locked down. I laughed, I cried and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
My feelings about this show can be summed up best as follows:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It was a good show with the best couple.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Lovely as usual. Really liked the montage at the end.

Japan needed Takeo in the rugby today...

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
The only negative about this show is that cake dude didn't get hit by a truck at the end

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He's a better man now. There will probably be a spinoff manga about him solving people's problems with pastries Bartender style.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I was a little worried at the way cake guy was looking at the new rinko at the end.............

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Takeo is the sort of man we should all aspire to be.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The last episode made me cry. I hope it gets a second season someday.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's not fair. This show should never end.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I teared up at parts during the episode and nearly felt like my heart was skipping beats. This was an amazing ride. AotY 2015. :swoon:

Takeo, Suna, and Yamato. You three have ruined so many other animes for me forever.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I feel like I won't be able to watch any anime that does the whole "Will they or wont they" thing, or the "Let's introduce a better love interest for the main character that'll end up in nothing because we all know who is going to win", or any other romance cliché, so... most anime. My Love Story ruined all anime for me. :negative:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I'm really sad this anime is over. I don't remember the last time I've watched a show that made me laugh, smile and feel good so consistently and I'm glad something that has the ability to do that exists.

Wonderful, wonderful show that really helped get through a rough couple of months.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hear BD sales were really poor, meaning a followup season seems unlikely. And also proving that otaku are the worst with poo poo taste, as usual

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Asuron posted:

I'm really sad this anime is over. I don't remember the last time I've watched a show that made me laugh, smile and feel good so consistently and I'm glad something that has the ability to do that exists.

Wonderful, wonderful show that really helped get through a rough couple of months.

:unsmith:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Captain Invictus posted:

I hear BD sales were really poor, meaning a followup season seems unlikely. And also proving that otaku are the worst with poo poo taste, as usual

Ughhhh

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Asuron posted:

Chas McGill posted:

Lovely as usual. Really liked the montage at the end.

Japan needed Takeo in the rugby today...

:agreed: This was a really superb show and I look forward to re-watching it sometime

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

On the other hand, what did this show do to the manga sales? That's often more important than direct BD shifting.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Is there enough material in the manga for another season yet, anyway? The manga seems pretty popular according to my in-depth wiki research:

quote:

It won the award for Best Shōjo Manga at the 37th Kodansha Manga Awards.[11] It was number one on the Book of the Year list of Female-Oriented Comics from January to June, 2013 by Da Vinci magazine[12] and number five in the annual list of 2012.[13] It was nominated for the 6th Manga Taishō.[14] In Takarajimasha's 2013 edition of the guidebook Kono Manga ga Sugoi!, a survey with more than 400 manga professionals, it was selected as the best series for female readers; in the 2014 edition, it was the 15th best.[15] The fifth volume was the 53rd best-selling manga volume of the first half of 2014.[16] It was also nominated for the 18th Annual Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize "Reader Award".

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Chas McGill posted:

Is there enough material in the manga for another season yet, anyway? The manga seems pretty popular according to my in-depth wiki research:

Nah, this last anime arc basically just finished in the manga a few months ago. Granted, they skipped some stuff (like Yamato's parents!) to get to this arc, but that's not really enough for a full second season.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also, it's a monthly manga, so there's really has been only about 2 chapters since cake arc finished, plus the 3 chapters they skipped.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

At best, we have 5 more episodes they could adapt, one or two of which were kind of odd filler that was skipped for good reason. It'll be at least 2 years before they have enough material to do another season. :negative:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

BD/DVD sales aren't going to be a good indicator for a new season for this particular series. However..

ChaosArgate posted:

At best, we have 5 more episodes they could adapt, one or two of which were kind of odd filler that was skipped for good reason. It'll be at least 2 years before they have enough material to do another season. :negative:

This is pretty drat key. Even if they sold 10,000 BD units, they couldn't make a second season without doing anime original material and I don't trust that at all.

I can see a two year break then a second season if the manga maintains or grows in popularity.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please remember that Blu-Ray sales are not the be all end all metric of gauging an anime's success. Every show has a different business model and straight up shojo never does well in that market anyway so I doubt that is what they were counting on.

It's also worth noting that the show got extremely high TV ratings for a late night anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This show was good.

Caring about disc sales is dumb, just watch stuff you like.

• Locked thread