Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

SC Bracer posted:

Anyone know how to get to the fourth foothold in EO3? I just made it to the 5th stratum, and I've got every sailing item till that point.

You start from Armoroad and go left then up the left side of the map with the last sail. I think there's a point where you have to go down and up once to stagger the pirate ship so you can get through properly.

Edit: this could be the way to get to not-asia with the Leviathan boss. I don't remember very clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SC Bracer posted:

Anyone know how to get to the fourth foothold in EO3? I just made it to the 5th stratum, and I've got every sailing item till that point.

It's pretty tricky. You can do it now that you've got the Latin Sail. Bring your best food (you should have 24 movement food by this point), the sail, and both the seaweed and reef maneuvering stuff.

Start at the third foothold and go south then west through the only gap that has reefs. If you've made it to the Tower of Victory, the fourth foothold's a bit southwest of that. There's exactly one line of water north of the Tower that's in between a whirlpool to the north and some currents to the south. You'll need to fiddle around in the area east of the Tower to get the ship level with that one line of water so you can make it west.

I don't know how helpful that description is, but I bet if you look around online you can find exact step by step instructions. This is just how I did it, took a bit of trial and error until I got it right.

Hivac posted:

You start from Armoroad and go left then up the left side of the map with the last sail. I think there's a point where you have to go down and up once to stagger the pirate ship so you can get through properly.

Edit: this could be the way to get to not-asia with the Leviathan boss. I don't remember very clearly.

That gets you to Ugarit. I didn't think you could get there until you got the cannon from the northern continent? E: Actually looking at the map I think you might be right. There are currents in the north ocean that could take you to the foothold. That way might be easier than my route.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 18, 2015

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

That gets you to Ugarit. I didn't think you could get there until you got the cannon from the northern continent? E: Actually looking at the map I think you might be right. There are currents in the north ocean that could take you to the foothold. That way might be easier than my route.

Ah yeah it was Ugarit.

Also yeah you don't need the second cannon to get to it. Hell, this is the first time I've heard of a second cannon (I never 100%'d the ocean).

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I've made it to both Ugarit and Aenea :v:

No idea why the 4th foothold is brickwalling me so hard. Well I got relatively close to it via my Tower of Victory route but then I took a wrong turn and sailed into a whirlpool :downs:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

theshim posted:

5 Landsharks is a viable build! :hfive: Also distinctly less stupid than 5 Medics or Runemasters.

It's not just a viable build, it's the best build! My 5 landies got a 100% complete around lvl 89 or so!

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks for all the advice, almost to the first stratum's boss and I'm pretty happy with my party of LND/SR so far. It started off a little dicey without a dedicated healer, but that got me to use skills I'd otherwise never touch like the Landsknecht's Bandage for cheap after battle healing. Actually having to rely on binds and status effects is an interesting change of pace from my usual style of heavy hitters and brute force.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Everyman posted:

Thanks for all the advice, almost to the first stratum's boss and I'm pretty happy with my party of LND/SR so far. It started off a little dicey without a dedicated healer, but that got me to use skills I'd otherwise never touch like the Landsknecht's Bandage for cheap after battle healing. Actually having to rely on binds and status effects is an interesting change of pace from my usual style of heavy hitters and brute force.

Keep in mind with bandage not to level it up too quickly. You want to keep it in the range where it's healing about half hp or so while still being affordable. Medicas are also dirt cheap, so I wouldn't be too shy about stocking up on those.

Also keep in mind while running multiple LNs that links don't 'stack', you cna only have one link active at a time. As you level up and your link starts lasting for more than 1 hit, you should start thinking about just having one dedicated linker. Sub class him/her as a runemaster for best results!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well that was a depressing ending.

I'm sorry for calling both sides assholes. :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So the bonus for importing an EOU save to EO2U is that your characters show up as people that you can Grimoire trade with. Exciting. I'm not sure if that's all there is to it though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the bonus for importing an EOU save to EO2U is that your characters show up as people that you can Grimoire trade with. Exciting. I'm not sure if that's all there is to it though.

I wonder if that prompts extra dialogue from Flavio.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Got to the 4th foothold. It was actually pretty easy in retrospect. I also did some of my pending seaquests, and drat, that hoplite in the first leviathan quest basically dragged me to victory. That was also the first fight where I actually found the princess' class skill useful.

I like that they gave us a free formaldehyde. That's pretty cool.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

The Leviathan quest actually gives you infinite Formaldehydes but better

Lucky Hammer is the final key to unlocking the power that is Buccaneer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Cannot believe there is no Lucky Hammer in EO4. What the heck, Atlus

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Hivac posted:

The Leviathan quest actually gives you infinite Formaldehydes but better

Lucky Hammer is the final key to unlocking the power that is Buccaneer.

That's basically what I meant haha. Lucky Hammer seems broken.

e: wait explain to me how i make my buccaneer a god

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

SC Bracer posted:

That's basically what I meant haha. Lucky Hammer seems broken.

e: wait explain to me how i make my buccaneer a god

The sea dragon FOEs in the 2nd Stratum are super weak and easily killable with Lucky Hammer.

They drop Speed Books.

Pincushion scales very heavily off of AGI. :getin: With the rapier from the 3rd Stratum boss I was breaking 5 digits with charged+buffed Pincushions.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Hivac posted:

The sea dragon FOEs in the 2nd Stratum are super weak and easily killable with Lucky Hammer.

They drop Speed Books.

Pincushion scales very heavily off of AGI. :getin: With the rapier from the 3rd Stratum boss I was breaking 5 digits with charged+buffed Pincushions.

Ahaha this is happening

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SC Bracer posted:

Ahaha this is happening

Yeah more specifically, each point of AGI adds 3% to the damage modifier, up to an additional 297% on top of the base 145% damage modifier. For the record, that's for a single hit.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Fyi, defeating Wyvern during the egg mission does nothing. No one cares, not even the Story Mode party.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bertrand doesn't seem anywhere near as cool as Raquna

drat it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's because he's not Canadian.

Also, I would not mind having a female main character (or a female main character alternative) in EO3U. I think it's only fair I get to choose what my silent, brooding protagonist is going to look like if they're going to have all of the personality of a Classic Mode character.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 18, 2015

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

At least we'll be without Arthur the annoying and Frederica the uninteresting.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

No see, the MC has to be male, so we can put ourselves in their place and romanticize with the love interest.

I hope the class brought in for EOU3 is Imperial.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Then at least make the love interest look older than 12. :argh:

Hivac posted:

At least we'll be without Arthur the annoying and Frederica the uninteresting.

I thoroughly enjoyed that part of EOU where Frederica gave that other guy the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t5ypAbUsjQ

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 18, 2015

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

Keep in mind with bandage not to level it up too quickly. You want to keep it in the range where it's healing about half hp or so while still being affordable. Medicas are also dirt cheap, so I wouldn't be too shy about stocking up on those.

Also keep in mind while running multiple LNs that links don't 'stack', you cna only have one link active at a time. As you level up and your link starts lasting for more than 1 hit, you should start thinking about just having one dedicated linker. Sub class him/her as a runemaster for best results!

Thanks, sinking too many points into a skill too soon is a bad habit of mine. I only have one L right now but I've only just unlocked the links. My party is level 14 but I wanted to sink some points into the breaks first for the sake of survivability. Is there a link element I should be focusing on? Same question for Runemaster, or can I build it like my Zodiac from 3 by spreading the points around in each element? I only put 2 points into each of the first tier damage runes so far.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, you can go three way with RM. They all do different effects though and only max level the final tier ones, since they'll be your damage dealers. Except fire. Fire kinda sucks, but still level it up a bit. And the Runes kinda replace your elemental walls, to mitigate damage, but they're not necessary. And focus on the passives as always, but max them one at a time to start nuking quickly, but not the 10 point one, you can do that later, put one point for now.

Also, Free Energy is bugged, so put 4 points for the max chance if you want.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Crosspeice posted:

Yeah, you can go three way with RM. They all do different effects though and only max level the final tier ones, since they'll be your damage dealers. Except fire. Fire kinda sucks, but still level it up a bit. And the Runes kinda replace your elemental walls, to mitigate damage, but they're not necessary. And focus on the passives as always, but max them one at a time to start nuking quickly, but not the 10 point one, you can do that later, put one point for now.

Also, Free Energy is bugged, so put 4 points for the max chance if you want.

Good to know. Any other bugged skills out there I should be aware of?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Everyman posted:

Speed Boost or whatever it's called makes Fan Dance cancel out completely

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Everyman posted:

Fan Dance and Speed Boost on your Dancer won't work together but that won't be relevant until you're level 40+.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Quirks like that are always a little amusing to me. :allears: I've already put a point into Fan Dance but I planned on resting and shifting my roster around once I'm that far in the game anyway, so no big deal.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Everyman posted:

Quirks like that are always a little amusing to me. :allears: I've already put a point into Fan Dance but I planned on resting and shifting my roster around once I'm that far in the game anyway, so no big deal.

I'm pretty sure Dancers need Fan Dance (3?) to qualify for Speed Boost anyhow.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Prism posted:

I'm pretty sure Dancers need Fan Dance (3?) to qualify for Speed Boost anyhow.

No... speed boost is a stand alone skill but it is on one of the later tiers.
The branch for that skill is Fan Dance -> Sword Dance -> Mist Dance

Mist Dance is a pretty cool skill for its passive random chance of stunning the enemy, and sword dance can be good if you use Trick Samba.... so it may be worthwhile to invest in still.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

asvodel posted:

No... speed boost is a stand alone skill but it is on one of the later tiers.
The branch for that skill is Fan Dance -> Sword Dance -> Mist Dance

Mist Dance is a pretty cool skill for its passive random chance of stunning the enemy, and sword dance can be good if you use Trick Samba.... so it may be worthwhile to invest in still.

Oh, that's right. I just remember being annoyed I had to take Fan Dance 3 as a prerequisite for something and it was getting in the way of Speed Boost.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Are the Land's link elemental link skills something I should only be putting a single point into? The increases past the initial investment seem pretty low unless I'm missing something. The passives for links later on seem to be a much better place to throw points into.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Everyman posted:

No no, keep Fan Dance. In fact, max that out. It's Speed Boost you want to avoid since the benefits aren't that great.

Everyman posted:

Are the Land's link elemental link skills something I should only be putting a single point into? The increases past the initial investment seem pretty low unless I'm missing something. The passives for links later on seem to be a much better place to throw points into.

No. They're damage skills on an offensive class, so you want to max them out. All of them. For the record, what the skill sim means by 50% follow up is that the 2nd link attack will deal half the amount of damage as the first attack, not that it's a 50% damage attack.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

No no, keep Fan Dance. In fact, max that out. It's Speed Boost you want to avoid since the benefits aren't that great.

Ah, gotcha. My Dancer seems pretty fast as is, guess the extra speed isn't worth it then.

Dr. Fetus posted:

No. They're damage skills on an offensive class, so you want to max them out. All of them. For the record, what the skill sim means by 50% follow up is that the 2nd link attack will deal half the amount of damage as the first attack, not that it's a 50% damage attack.

Really? Glad I asked then. The added damage didn't seem worth it compared to the point investment at a glance. 30 points to max out all three, initial damage goes from 115% to 140%, follow ups from 40% to 50%. I figured the idea was just to toss a point in to have the link skills then focus on the passives, but I guess they must be worth maxing out then. Thanks!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ideally you want the first hit with your Linkshark to deal as much damage as possible, so the followups will all hit harder as well. Personally I didn't care too much for Links, as I felt they required too much setup for the damage they dealt, but other people love them, so go with whatever feels best to you.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Honestly, just go for Electric Link, since Galvanic Rune is the one to spam. Combine it with Rush Dance and you will do insane damage per turn. It just takes a couple turns to set up.

Using the strat, I beat the Stratum 4 boss in about 5 turns. It was fantastic.

Also, there's an Ice Stake spawn right next to the Boiling Lizard that I never noticed before. I usually collected them as I traveled down to his floor.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Triggering links isn't based on elements. You can run any kind of link with galvanic rune :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SC Bracer posted:

Triggering links isn't based on elements. You can run any kind of link with galvanic rune :v:

I assume it's because you'd be expected to run Volt Rune with it, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I guess why people are saying to focus on the volt link is that Galvanic Rune is the best spell, and with Volt Rune you can make many enemies weak to it and do lots of damage. That said I found the landsknecht to be least starved for points of all my team (heck I kept maxed power and mind break even though they're supposedly not useful and still had points to spare) so there's no reason not to max all the link skills to do the most damage regardless of the current weakness situation.

• Locked thread