Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda figured that when I saw the eight year old dancers that dress like hookers.

Seriously, though, Ricky is dressed remarkably like Clover.

I guess if you removed the jacket, hair ornaments, changed the color palette, the shoes, the type of tie and ignored that it is just a common outfit for anime then yeah I guess she is?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Is the demo just the beginning of the game? Don't wanna spoil myself too much on it before it comes out but have been looking forward to this for a while and p sure I can't help myself

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I haven't been following stuff for the game at all, but is reclassing better in this Story mode than in EOU1?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I am sure it has been discussed somewhere about EOU2, but I'm wondering if I should pick it up. I like the EO series. I beat the original, got far in 2 and 3, and beat 4. I got EOU1 but never really got further than halfway in it but I only played the story party. It didn't grab me a ton and I am really unsure why. I think it may have been because the story party was bland minus Raquna. Is the story mode for EOU2 a step up from the first one, and are Grimoires any less annoying? Really want another EO fix after EOU1 and PQ kinda left me less than satisfied with them

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Regy Rusty posted:

EOU2 is good. The story party is a lot of fun, either they listened to complaints about the first game or localized this more humorously or something but they're a lot more enjoyable. Grimoires still suck but at least it's easier to just say okay I've got some stuff I'll just put it on my people and see what happens. I guess the big difference is that you no longer have to micromanage fusing grimoires. Instead you end up with 5 grimoire slots and you can just put whatever on there and swap them around any time. It's still a huge pain to get good levels of specific skills, but with grimoire trading you can ask for something and helpful people in this thread will provide you with a QR code to grab it.

---

Meanwhile I'm still on 27F. These gigantic no mapping rooms are a terrifying ordeal.

Good luck

Awesome, this was kinda of what I was wondering about. Will probably pick it up, thanks~

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Any good guides on what skills are good in EOU2?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
jfc starting this game on Expert with a 3 person party is goddamn brutal

And moments after I say that the dog comes

MotU fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 16, 2015

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

4 races, Humans, Elves, Furries/Minkmen, and gnomes/small humans .

You will be able to freely mix races and classes. Not sure if it's purely aesthetix (almost certainly not though)

Chara customization got a huge boost. Can choose voices for your dudes. Colours can be freely chosen (at least for hair and eyes)

crazy, this is exciting

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I look forward to spending hours agonizing over what specific voices and colors to use in addition to what base portrait to use

well you can cross the last one off since the bunny girl is in the preview scan

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
its worse

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
okay so despite having bought EOU2 shortly after release I never got around to playing it for some reason??? I just noticed I owned it now + some of the DLC

Its been ages since I even picked up the original even so I am completely confused on how I should build/what is even good as my party for Story Mode

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
wow a ton of thanks for that, that really outlines everything for me! twice as stoked to get started now

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Clarste posted:

That's simply good and logical for the Hound, but for the Necromancer that creates an interesting play pattern where they're really strong for the first three turns or so until they run out of ghosts to sacrifice, and then relatively weak. Or maybe they'll just be like Imperials and have ways take advantage of their "cooldowns".

Edit: Hmm, I hope Hounds and Necromancers don't share a limited number of slots. I kinda want to use both.

it says be "can be used while walking" not 'must be' so presumably you can just summon more ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
how's EO5 compare to EO4? I kinda got bored through EOU1 and 2 (and the originals are so long ago for me i dont know how i even feel about them anymore) but EO4 hooked me in real good so i was thoroughly entertained all the way through. Just wanna know before i buy it since money is tightish at the moment

• Locked thread