Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just want to fight that frog boss. How can I be finished with the game if I haven't killed everything in the Labyrinth? :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hivac posted:

For as powerful as KoF is, I hope that EOU2's plot focuses more on the actual main character because holy crap while I like Frederica's design she is such a boring character. Also, EOU brought up stuff about the Highlanders early on and to my knowledge it pretty much got dropped and I don't think it was ever brought up again beyond some vague mention later.

Literally the only thing we find out about Highlanders is that they're a tribe from the east that practices "True Justice™".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope EO3U is the last of the Untold games and fixes the issues everyone had with the previous two. EO2U looks really good despite all the complaints, so I'm really hopeful.

I do wonder how Story Mode will handle the alternate endings, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

I'm still stuck on goddamn iwaronopenelopycruz. God, I hate grinding! EOU can suck it!

Go to the right side, as a note. It's easier to get to the bird by the slower FOEs.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Grimoires better not be in EO3U if it happens. Subclassing was much less frustrating to work with, as broken as it was.

Why not Grimoires and Subclassing?

Just imagine all of the ridiculous combinations. :supaburn:

And you'd have an alternate to Grimoires if you were unlucky with them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ice Claws aren't too bad if you can bind their arms and hit them with fire.

Then again, most things aren't too bad with binds, so I guess that's not really that much of a helpful statement. :v:

As a note, I'd recommend using the Boost Duplication Glitch to copy a bunch of Formaldehydes. Doing those collection quests is a pain otherwise.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It should've just incrementally increased the compendium.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well, found something interesting on that blog. Apparently the Persona Q artbook (contains heavy EO2U spoilers as well) reveals that Zeus is a Yggdroid. More specifically, one of 12 special Yggdroids created to fight the Deep Ones.

Well, that's interesting.

I wonder if the Persona 3/4 cast will be DLC characters in EO3U.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In the postgame, the dragon quests have a bit more interaction with Wiglaf, Kirjonen, and the Prince of the Empire. There's also the bonus dungeon, which has a bit more backstory if you examine a few dead ends.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There is no alternate dialogue, I believe. Granted, I think I killed it after I picked up the egg.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But buffs and debuffs are my bread and butter!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't wait to see Dr. Fetus get to these guys in his LP. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It has stun immunity?! :stonk:

Oh man, I am not looking forward to fighting that in EO2U.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 16, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't even know if this enemy is in EO2U. I haven't heard anything about it. In fact, I've heard there's an FOE in the 6th Stratum whose main purpose is to be nothing but an exp pinata.

Well, that'll be good for late-game leveling, at least.

I do hope that Muckdile isn't in EO2U, though. Or, at least, that it was nerfed.

gannyGrabber posted:

Etrian Odyssey 5 has a website up. It's just the trailer and a background image, but I have to say, if that image is representative of the scale of the game, I'd be very pleased.

http://sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

Volcano stratum!

Arctic stratum!

Moon stratum! :supaburn:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Climb into space and figure out what the deal was with III's tree?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Treasure Chests are the most annoying thing about EOU, since you can only get all of them in Story Mode. And it has to be done in one playthrough.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Do a run with five farmers. With no weapons or armor. And fight all FOEs immediately. :unsmigghh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 17, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speaking of things that would drive a person to madness, apparently in EO2U, there's a door on B30 that has a 100% chance of spawning a shiny Muckdile. I'm not sure how accurate that is since I've only heard about this from one person, but if that's true, then yikes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't know if that part is true, but apparently ONE bind triggers Frolic now. So much for trying to keep it from eating your party.

What?! Why?!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the bonus for importing an EOU save to EO2U is that your characters show up as people that you can Grimoire trade with. Exciting. I'm not sure if that's all there is to it though.

I wonder if that prompts extra dialogue from Flavio.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's because he's not Canadian.

Also, I would not mind having a female main character (or a female main character alternative) in EO3U. I think it's only fair I get to choose what my silent, brooding protagonist is going to look like if they're going to have all of the personality of a Classic Mode character.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 18, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Then at least make the love interest look older than 12. :argh:

Hivac posted:

At least we'll be without Arthur the annoying and Frederica the uninteresting.

I thoroughly enjoyed that part of EOU where Frederica gave that other guy the finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t5ypAbUsjQ

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 18, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

theshim posted:

But then, EO4 didn't have a special theme for the postgame superboss either.

Hopefully EO5 will fix both of these grievous oversights. :argh:

To be fair, the superboss in EO4 is just a giant bug that ate the essence of the final boss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speaking of the Berserker King, I let the Bloodbears join the fight on New Game + and I was surprised the FOE music overrode the boss music.

I guess it's since that's the only boss that has FOEs nearby, but it was still jarring.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Step 4: This one is really easy to mess up. :siren:At the end of the 4th Stratum, when you kill Kirin/Shin, go back to whoever you sided with and report the mission, but DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEXT MISSION!:siren:
Step 5: Instead, go all the way back to the 10th floor, to the room where you met the Eldest One. Talk to him. He's at the back of the room, and say yes to his question. Complete the 5th Stratum as normal.

And that's how you get the True Ending.

Hahaha, what? :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Claret Hollows on Expert Mode is literally hell.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I imagine that Follow Bind skill is going to be ridiculous if you get it on everyone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The only video of a full playthrough of EO4 on Youtube is a 5 Nightseekers run, incidentally.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You have to rest to reclass, so I'd say just keep them as a solo-class until you get what you want.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bushi/Nightseeker is pretty great, yeah. Especially with Swift Edge.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Honestly, just give them a subclass just so they can get 5 extra points to work with, and then Rest them once you have Bushi. The resting penalty is only 2 levels.

It's only two? I'm not sure why I thought it was five.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, if you planning on using that Iai Strike skill, take it off before Floor 30.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

theshim posted:

:suicide: I started a 5 Arcanist run :suicide:

What are your planned subclasses?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Has anyone done a five Fortress run?

Hivac posted:

They also respawn once per turn during the boss fight.

What? :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 23, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Txn posted:

And so, the dancing journey of the Macarena Guild officially begins.

I see what you did with those names. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solo Sniper/Medic/Arcanist run without subclassing. :shepicide:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_0TeykT5NA

Though who really needs an excuse to link it?

:megadeath:

I really want EO3U just for a re-arranged version of this song. And End of Raging Waves.

And The First Campaign.

I haven't really heard any other songs from EO3, though, so that's all I can comment on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't remember what page it was on in the LP thread, but what was the link to that page with the pictures of all of the alternate EO2 and EO3 job class art?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thanks. I would've searched Google myself, but I was at work and the connection here is terrible. I just wanted to save the links for later.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Persona Q is pretty great. I ended up appreciating it even more after I read the Persona 4 LP, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish there was full art of the Highlanders in both color schemes, but oh well. I've decided on the names of the characters I'll use in EO2U and which portraits I'll use.

Now to just wait several months until the game actually comes out. :v:

Incidentally, I found the EO3 Character Sprites.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Here's the EO4 sprites for reference.

• Locked thread