Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Arthur is the only story-mode character that I like :(

Pureauthor posted:

Smdh if you buy the hot springs DLC

Except if you play it in Classic. No anime nudes there and 100% codex completition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

That's not the Wildling solo fight. :v:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, that's interesting.

I wonder if the Persona 3/4 cast will be DLC characters in EO3U.
Well, Sea Quests can be easily used for DLC this time.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dammit, you guys are tempting me to start a single-class run but you already choose the fun classes!

Edit: If no one made it already, how does a 5 Dancer party sound?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

And so, the dancing journey of the Macarena Guild officially begins.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

For the first time ever, I hate the Woodflies. Not only I'm running away from a bear, I wasted turns attacking and countering them because they blinded my entire party. :argh:

Regen Waltz plus Counter Samba are good, but I think I should put more Skill Points into Fan Dance.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

What's up with the Woodflies in this game?! I ate blind-resistant food and they keep blinding my party. I attack with not-blind dancers and they keep missing like four times in a row before they become blind.

I never had this problem in my normal run.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I can't wait to draw 100% accurate maps with my fingers.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

So frogs in the first land. Leg Binds is easily the worst thing that can happen to a dancing party. I still find it hilarious that he activates Counter Samba when leg bound more times than the other dancers.

Edit: Ok, so Counter Samba doesn't let you counterattack when the legs are bound, but Regen Waltz still heals you because?

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 26, 2015

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

So for how long does the status effect lasts? I poisoned a Nomad Baboon with the Poison Sword in the first turn, and nine turns later it's still poisoned.

Edit: Twelve turns and it was still poisoned~

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I think I was using my Dancers wrong. The first half of the fight against the Bloodbear ended up with all but one dancer killed, the second part in the third floor was better once I realized that swapping dancers between turns is a far better strategy. Sure it still took 23 turns to defeat because holy crap I need to upgrade their equipment.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

And they still have even EXP bars.

e:f,b

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

theshim posted:

Boiling Lizard down, party level 34 :stare:
How the hell are you and Dr. Fetus able to continue a single class run and actually finishing it?

I actually want to give up on my dancer only run. It sucks that not only I have to carry items but also extra weapons with different forged slots because you need status or binds to survive against bosses and elemental damage to make some encounters less painful like the loving scorpions.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I officially gave up on my 5 Dancers run. If anyone wants to attempt it, the only advice I can give after running like a headless chicken in the first labyrinth:
1) Only get the weapons with slots and forge like crazy
Having weapons with arm bind forges is really REALLY helpful. Specially once you fight the Blood Bear in floor 2/3 and the Berserker King. When you start seeing the scorpions, you'll only scratch them unless you forged weapons with fire affinity. If they are on the back row focus on them because they won't attack from that line.

2) If you're hit you're dead.
If their portraits are ANY indication, they'll die quickly. Not as much as noodle arms, but they'll die a lot. Counter Samba is not great. Actually it sucks in a full dancer, just level it to unlock Chase Samba. The counter-attack only activates if the attack actually hits, which is something you don't want. Fan Dance on the other hand is the reason you should be alive in the most dire situations.

3) Keep on dancing.
This was the second formation I used
[2 front / 3 back]
The two at the front should be the dodge tanks, at least hoping the enemy targets the front row. Both of them should have Regen Waltz, it doesn't stack but you should alternate to not burn the TP of the only one in charge of healing. The back row should use bows. One should keep Regen Waltz just for emergencies, but the other two should focus on Attack-Guard Tango.

And this was my main one
[3 front / 2 back]
One should have Regen Waltz and Counter Samba, the other two must focus on Chase Samba. Depending on the enemy, they should focus on either arm binds, blind or both if you're desperate. The back row skill points were more spread but they did their job as back-up dancers with Regen Waltz, Attack Tango and Guard Tango (not enough points for Fan Dance)
In case the healer in the front row was badly damaged, or ran out of TP, you should swap it with a back-up dancer. Now, since that back don't have Fan Dance, you can actually use Counter Samba to chase the counters (but still, not recommended).

I doubt this advice can be useful, after all this SCC just broke me.

theshim posted:

a) no
b) already restarted with 5 fortresses
c) no
Why don't you try it after your tank run? :v:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

I always thought that you break a mask to rescue the medium, not that you literally dislocate it's jaw.

I never noticed the tongue and the teeth. Please tell me the green stuff is not mucus/phlegm.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hivac posted:

With regards to Class Change in EO2U, does the stat change only apply to story characters or does it extend to classic as well? I heard it being brought up in here earlier but it sort of escaped me.
What I want to know is if you can reclass the story characters into Beasts.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hivac posted:

So, I'm on Chapter 5 in 7th Dragon 2020-II...

I just hit a midboss dragon that immediately opens up with a frost breath attack then follows up with a self-buff that raises all of its resists to a ridiculous amount...

God drat it, Niinou. Sorry for mocking you about Drake, Fetus, because hoo boy did it come back to bite me in the rear end :negative:
How bad can it be? I'm still at the part where Formalhaut attacks the main building.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

My team got killed by a single dragonfly in EMD. First it killed my Protector, then a skull appeared above it and dealt 100 damage to my Dancer, and then 200 damage to my Gunner.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

This. One of my friends even lent me his collection of "Names for your baby" books a few years ago and believe me, they're really useful when naming characters in videogames or something you're writting.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Defeated Stone Hulk! Next dungeon, and my party was wiped by a mole. STOP THROWING ROCKS AT ME! My rescue party was also wiped out because a rat liked to throw treasure chests.

As for the naming. I usually make their initials spell a word. Having a max of four characters in the active party is awful and limits my word choice. I just had to settle with ALF.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Why no one told me that EMD is easier the less characters you have in your party?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I must be blind then, or I didn't pay enough attention. My bad!

The Protector is way better here than in EO. After Provoke, he only receives 1 damage from (almost) all enemies. It's insane, I wish it worked that way in EO1 and EO2.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Don't lie. I'm sure you're enjoying that run.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I think the best outcome would be if the main labyrinths are like the strata of previous games (4~5 floors covering most of the map) while the side dungeons are the size of EO4 main labyrinths (3 small floors).

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

theshim posted:

Hate hATe hatE

YoU yoU YOu
Don't be like that, we still need you for a 5 Beast run in EO2 Untold.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Apparently Beasts are a top tier class in EO2U, so you'd be giving him an easy time with that challenge.
I keep forgetting that detail. So what should be a good challenge, Sovereign run? Nerfed Hexer?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

theshim posted:

yes you asshat

quote:

Nobody loves Dr. Fetus. And that's why Dr. Fetus hates you!

Edit: As an unrelated note. Level 16 is still not enough to beat the first stratum boss with five dancers. Guess I should re-spec them again and forge more weapons.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 7, 2015

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hivac posted:

can you tell what my least favorite floor is
Please tell me you didn't draw a wall above the stairs.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I found a way to deal with the exp bar desync during Sea Quests, at least against the bird in the lighthouse.

Asides from the obvious one. Character 1 and 2 go with the princess quest, the other three go with the brothers. Go for the ninja quest, everyone should be alive by the end of the fight. Even the NPCs, and go with these:

Character 1, Character 2, Character 3 and Character 4.

Repeat that quest four more times like this:

Character 1, Character 2, Character 3 and Character 5.
Character 1, Character 2, Character 4 and Character 5.
Character 1, Character 3, Character 4 and Character 5.
Character 2, Character 3, Character 4 and Character 5.

The main thing is using each one of your party four times. No more, no less.

Now excuse me while I continue my first EO3 run... unless I keep playing God Eater 2 :suicide:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Until today, I didn't know that Agata had extra lines if you defeat the hippo when he follows you in BF3.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Did you never get more than one ending?
I never finished it, not a single ending. I stop playing for a week and I can't remember how was I building my party and rest like two times, leading to restarting the game quite constantly.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, it's mainly meant to be an Easter Egg for NG+ playthroughs. Or if you decided to grind up your party for those things. You can do some minor bit of sequence breaking in the 2nd Stratum with a souped up party as well, no different dialogue though.
Who needs grinding when you have a butterfly that can inflict 144 damage constantly? I'm actually appreciating the Wildling class since the rest of my party is kinda squishy so a meatshield is always good to have.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Any idea on how I should distribute skill points on a Monk? I never used one because I liked the Prince/ss class and so far I just have Healing at level 2, (same as Refresh and Unbind), Resurrect at 1 and the rest went to Form Qi.

As of note, I'm currently in floor 4, murdering FOEs with a butterfly.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Line Heal is helpful against the first stratum boss. Get Refresh and Unbind to level 7 by the end of the 2nd Stratum. Ignore the fist skills completely.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Get Line Heal to a decent level, but don't put anymore past 5. Then try to get Refresh to at least level 4 before the end of the Stratum. Afterwards, get both Refresh and Unbind to 7 before the end of the 2nd Stratum. After subclassing is unlocked, sub Prince on them and beeline for Protect Order. Then max out Form Qi. Afterwards, maybe the important Princess skills and then Party Heal I guess?
I messed up by putting 7 points in Form Qi this early isn't it? Oh well what's the worst thing that can happen against Narmer, I even have an elephant to help me in that fight.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Narmer defeated, same as the Shark in Ayuthaya or whatever it's named. My zodiac and venomfly laughs at Evil Placoid, only if I'm in the third sea quest with the Princess and her bodyguards.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the Muckdile has an AOE that deals a lot of damage (340%) and has a random target attack that hits up to 10 times. (48% damage for each hit. Ouch.) Funnily enough, no one has gotten their hands on a Frolic Grimoire.

Because :atlus:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Solo Farmer run.
Don't. That's just suicidal.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

I think I know this guy. He used to post in a "Tales of" forum complaining about the games, their translations, or even wanting to force his own translations in several fan translation projects.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hivac posted:

The casting bit is what gets me

I get vibes of horrible psycho idolstalking from it
If it's any consolation (it isn't), one time he did the same thing with english voice actors.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

So uh, (late game cooking related spoiler, thought this was amusing. ) You can cook the Dragons.
Fedot would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

What's a good way to build a healing Prince/Princess in EO3?

• Locked thread