Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Woo, ground floor. I love this series and I'm really psyched for EOU2, should be great.

I'll probably buy all the DLC though. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Doesn't the hot springs one lock off part of the 14th floor, along with one other DLC? Do the unique monsters have spaces in the Codex?

If yes, then drat straight I'm buying all of it, regardless of how terrible it is.

Not all at once though, I'm not that crazy.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Counterpoint: Arthur.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm currently doing the coolest Untold quest to get five Gold Antlers. I've gotten three in half an hour. Woo.

I kinda liked the Highlander when you could act goofy and get everyone flustered. Thankfully you can do the same for U2, if I remember right from that stream way way back.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well they made the Beast better, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Y/H is usable, since I've, well, used it, but it definitely appreciates Dark Ether. Though with how my Z/N was set up, I could use that move every other turn, while the other one did Etheric spells. It also made my Arbalist much more effective.

Also, while I remember, EOU2 has DLC that totals up to 40% of the game's retail price. This is using yen and I don't know if it counts the Highlander as being free for the first month (which doesn't apply anymore, I guess). This might not be the same with $, but that estimate means you'll be spending $24 on top of the $60 you paid for. EU need not apply.

And it shouldn't have taken me so long to realize, but the MC may be a bit overpowered since the 4 other classes are supportive. I don't know of all their skillsets, but it's very interesting that this game starts off with quite a defensive approach. I know everything gets insane later, but this is EO. It always does.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yes, get the Jolly Roger, it's amazing.

You'll probably luck into it since you need to beat every sea boss four times to get everything, even if it's unnecessary. Some of the items they give you are really useful, though.

Also, I forgot that THIS was EOU2's extra dungeon's normal battle theme. I love it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

So is Pincushion best taken just to level 4 to get the chance to hit 3 times? It looks like it gets really expensive TP wise without getting too much stronger beyond that point.

Noooo? Are you thinking of a different skill, because Pincushion becomes much much stronger at Level 10 at 32TP compared to 26TP at Level 4.

It won't be hugely impressive until you pump that AGI stat high.

When in doubt, ~Skill Sim~

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They might pare it down to two endings and have it be a simple City/Road choice and then the Progenitor is the real final boss regardless.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

The game expects your party to be level 55 around that time. It's dumb, and I'm glad EO2U's avoiding that problem.

I assume this is Expert, because here in Normal, I'm reaching 45. So I'm sure it'll be a cakewalk.

That is the problem I have, Expert is just a bit too much bullshit for my wimpy casual liking, whereas Normal is, uh, easy. Or maybe I'm really good at this game. :v:

I think next time I play, or indeed EOU2, I'll have a mix of Expert and Normal.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Levelling up a skill usually makes it faster, but for now, your monk can handle status, your princess can focus on other orders. But prevent order can be very useful, just not right now.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Look forward to facing him four more times to get all the drops. If you're lucky.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well Iwaoropenelep was going well until he petrified two of my front liners and my Medic couldn't Salve due to paralysis, so everyone "died" next turn.

Maybe next time...

Edit: And with a combination of Chain Dance and Trickery, my Survivalist dodges all eight hits of Pinion Spear. :allears:

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 12, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm always unlucky with 5th Stratum drops, no monsters hardly drop anything. I've only got 4/10 Gold Furs and despite killing a load of Dire Wolves, I have yet to obtain any Red Blood, which is of course needed for a quest.

Also Ice Claws are bullshit. It's easier to just beeline for the door instead of hoping they get trapped behind FOEs.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If that's the case, then this guy who made a really detailed post about all the different DLC didn't mention it, so it seems unlikely.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

A few more details as I'm skimming this guy's Tumblr:

EOU2 takes place one year after EOU, Flavio, in a DLC, mentions the group that saved Etria last year, but doesn't know them personally.

Ur-Child can be taken down in 3 turns without changing class in Expert Story.

DLC boss can be taken down in 9 turns... blind, with a Classic/Flavio party. Now that he knows what it does, he guesses 6/7 turns.

You can get 100% in both monsters and items before buying any DLC and it won't reduce your total if you do, there will just be spaces in your Codex/Compendium

If you have the EOU2 3DS theme, Flavio gets covered up when you select a game. :lol:

Story party information (Spoilers!)

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It'd make sense for both EOU3 and EO5 to be on the 3DS, then the entire series will be on one platform, so you can play them really easily.

And then perhaps EO6 can be on the next Nintendo handheld, or we might get some HD games for the WiiU, a side game like EMD and PQ.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Is there any alternate dialogue for taking out the Wyvern when you're on that mission to steal the egg in EOU? I know there isn't in EO1 (Because it's actually impossible without a massive amount of grinding since Wyvern's level 40.) but EOU has NG+.

Possibly, but they only care if you obtain the egg and they don't really mention the Wyvern at all. I'll try and remember it when I go through the game one last time to unlock everything for the Guild Card.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh sweet, I found where Gullinbursti spawn nearly every encounter for the ten Gold Furs quest. Top right of 23F.

Doesn't stop me from getting nothing but Gold Tusks though. :suicide:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Man gently caress Hellflies.

It's nice that I've bee able to get through the game with R/D/S M/A, but it's pretty squishy and the whole stratum is kicking my rear end. 29F is gonna be a slog and if I encounter a Huge Ant, I'm screwed.

I could bring a Protector, but man, I'm stubborn.

Edit: Ah cool, shiny Huge Ant, oh I'm dead.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 15, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aw man, there's no option to carry over open chests to NG+? Laaaaame. Should be simple enough to steamroll over the game and get the last few things, then EOU will be 100%, just in time, really.

And pressing L or R hides textboxes! :aaaaa:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

There's one chest in 14F that requires you to go through 3 FOEs to get, which you won't be able to do for a long time. And the reward is pretty poo poo. It's just more busywork and for a long time, these items will be useless.

But at least I did all the quests, so I can just ignore them this time.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You keep your guys, maps, chests, quests, classes and compendium/codex.

Going through the game at Level 50 makes it pretty easy, funnily enough.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hey, I've gotta make my EO3 LP interesting somehow

But really, seeing how good Dr. Fetus's LP is, I do have to wonder what would be the point in a VLP of an EO game, when an SSLP just makes it so much better.

Maybe once I do some SSLPs, I'll give the EO games a shot, but right now, I don't feel like tying myself down to a long game that won't be much fun for anyone.

I'll do Link's Awakening instead. :v:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

And even though Knighthood is kinda bugged, it's bugged in a specific way that I somehow managed to work with, so you can experiment with that a bit.

Shabadu posted:

I leaned on Prevent Order so hard, I loved that goddamn skill. Ad Nihilo can be somewhat useful. I'm also a silly person and ran Prince/x and Monk/Prince in the same party with the Prince main mostly buffing and using Regal Radiance/Ad Nihilo.

Pfft, by the endgame, I had a party of Y/H, P/F, A/G, Z/N, M/B. The Farmer subclass means you never have to carry Ariadne Thread again and make actual use of campsites and also most of the skill points made my Princess a buffing machine. Buccaneer was just so my Monk has something to do when she wasn't healing. Otherwise, it was setting up both the Arbalist and Zodiac to nuke things into oblivion. It was great.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The... Blizzard King? I suppose the battle's pretty long, but I found the Wyrm harder since it lowers your attack and has the most health. Storm Emperor would've been slightly annoying with status and binds and whatnot if my Ronin didn't do 2500 damage per Flame Grater. :black101:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Fyi, defeating Wyvern during the egg mission does nothing. No one cares, not even the Story Mode party.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

No see, the MC has to be male, so we can put ourselves in their place and romanticize with the love interest.

I hope the class brought in for EOU3 is Imperial.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, you can go three way with RM. They all do different effects though and only max level the final tier ones, since they'll be your damage dealers. Except fire. Fire kinda sucks, but still level it up a bit. And the Runes kinda replace your elemental walls, to mitigate damage, but they're not necessary. And focus on the passives as always, but max them one at a time to start nuking quickly, but not the 10 point one, you can do that later, put one point for now.

Also, Free Energy is bugged, so put 4 points for the max chance if you want.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Honestly, just go for Electric Link, since Galvanic Rune is the one to spam. Combine it with Rush Dance and you will do insane damage per turn. It just takes a couple turns to set up.

Using the strat, I beat the Stratum 4 boss in about 5 turns. It was fantastic.

Also, there's an Ice Stake spawn right next to the Boiling Lizard that I never noticed before. I usually collected them as I traveled down to his floor.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's more for focusing on the first things. Because the skills are skewed towards subclassing, a lot of skills drop off sharply after the halfway point, where you're putting in points for a couple percent at a time. Fortess' Iron Wall is 85% reduction at Level 4, to 75% reduction at Level 10. But that's an early skill. HP Boost goes up to 140% increase at Level 10, which is much better. It's not as bad for attacking classes, but there's a bit of hesitance for maxing out skills in EO4. So, beeline for all the good ones, then worry about everything else later, with a point here and there.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Come for the stratum theme, leave for the same battle theme since the lava caves.

It's a similar aesthetic to the piss castle, but dark green is a much better colour than piss yellow.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Imperials, I love you, but christ your moves need better accuracy. I'm sure it won't matter in the long run when the prince uses Overdrive and kills me.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's what I'm mostly going for. Needed to rest my NS and A to focus on taking Heavenbringer down. Oh yeah.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Flame Grater also does silly damage with a weakness, or when combined with Dilution and you might as well grab either Beheading Cut or Severing Slash for conditionals.

But yeah, Swallow Strike will easily do a crap ton of damage.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Cool things about Imperials is that getting the element conditionals, even on bosses, is a lot easier, so the same applies to Ronin in EOU, though I had plenty of Formaldehyde, so might as well.

Also, treasure maps are boring, but useful.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

gently caress, I chose Overdrive instead of Accel Drive, wasting two turns of Ignition.

I don't think I'll be able to take down the Heavenbringer now since aside from my Imperial, I don't have much in the way of damage. Especially because my NS doesn't land any status effects so he's really not being all that helpful. And I've also ran out of Amrita, so I've got no TP for anything.

No big deal, I'll just do these 35 turns all over again. :suicide:

Edit: Never mind, Accel Drive landed on the Bared Essence and took out around 2000 health. That would do the job.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 23, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's NB. Endure has been very, very helpful and when I can get a Charge Swift Edge ready, it's so good, I just didn't get the chance to, since if the Bared Essence is poisoned and fades back to Heavenbringer, it doesn't stay poisoned! I was also level 51-54.

The MVP was the Dragon Carp, it made it so I was able to survive all the elemental attacks, along with Element Guard. I hardly died, I just couldn't dish out much damage. Team was F/D, N/B, I/R, A/M, S/L.

It was a lot of fun though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It depends on how many times you can get Rush Dance to proc, otherwise it would be pretty slow going.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Maybe come back to that one, I'm sure there's a few other things that need doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They'll be synced again at 99, my weary brain rationalizes.

By having a team of 5, I can also see who's died the least and gotten the most experience. My Sniper of course.

• Locked thread