Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Thanks for making a new thread. I wouldn't have known that EOU2 was announced for localization without it. :)

Really though, I want V more than anything. IV was my first Etrian game and is still my favorite. But it's fun to go through the backlog of old games with these remakes. Sure hope we get EOU3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

When is the EOU2 demo going up? I'm tired of waiting. :(

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I'm stuck on floor 2 of Untold 2. I have no idea how to get past the raptors, and there are no guides currently and google searches seem to indicate I'm the only person stupid enough to be stuck here, since I found nothing.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

you lure them into the pits then go around

im uh... not sure what more there is to say then that? make sure the raptors have moved back to where they start before you try and get past them

Thank god, I have somehow gotten past the first one now. I'm surprised, tutorial-heavy as these early parts are, the game didn't make it more obvious.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

oh yeah

if there's a roundabout or an obstacle you might need to have them follow you as you go around it to get past them

I had mistakenly taken your first advice to mean this since there were no pits but there were those suspicious blocked off squares in each room.

You would think after playing 3 Etrian games (4, EOU1, Persona Q) I'd have figured this out without help.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

What kind of weapon is Chloe supposed to be using? I just started trying out a sword and it seems better than the staff, but now 4/5 of my party is sword users...

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

Well Fafnir has a katana, so it's technically different. Chloe needs a sword for her good techniques, Bertrand should never be attacking anyway, so it doesn't really matter what sword he has. Flavio has a good old Bow, while Arianna has a staff for Tec and TP bonuses because she won't be dealing any damage from the back row with a sword anyway.

Oh, huh, I've been using Arianna in front row. I didn't stop to think if her link skills could be doing the same damage in the back row.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, this isn't EO3. The front row is actually a pretty bad place for a Sovereign, despite the fact they can equip Heavy Armor. (Their VIT at level 99 is 48 compared to a Protector's VIT stat of 74.)

I've never played 3, and I was making assumptions based on the heavy armor, yeah. My EO experience is 4, EOU1 and Persona Q so far. So far this is my second favorite game behind 4 :)

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

tithin posted:

I was considering buying PQ, but Marie is a bit too much imo.

Marie is not even in the top 50 reasons why Persona Q is a bad game.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

tithin posted:

Mmm mmm, I see, but have you considered that she is in fact a bad character who literally contributed nothing to the story of any merit?

She is the poochy of SMT.

Yeah you have no idea how bad and 1-dimensional the entire rest of the cast is in Persona Q and you have to deal with them constantly. I LIKE MEAT I LIKE GIRLS I LIKE FOOD IN GENERAL there I just described the entirety of 4 characters. Imagine that at the beginning and end of every floor you had to go through a 5-10 minute scene of them repeating those gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Main character in EOU3 is a Yggdroid.

• Locked thread