Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Winvirus' heart seems like a thing of darkness, a creation of the lower lords to fashion into flesh the shape of a man's shadow, that absorbs light and exudes only brownian radiation. In comparison, Taste is merely a deluded fool, a man who has crept unto knowledge that ought not to be known and supped too deep and too long of these ancient secrets. His evil is not of intentional malice, but of ignorant exploration.

You could just say "no."

##mute Meinberg (-1)

Trip, I take back what I said. Help me out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

What about comparisons being made to Winvirus, that Taste is out to make the playerbase suffer? Also, it's a total pick-'em at this point, of course, but still, who you got to take it all?

I understand you didn't identify my previous intro as a Taste impression. I will now explain all my jokes in parenthesis after I make them so that you don't miss another.

First of let's get some things clear here. Taste may be a cruel man, but there's no need to get out of line here, he's not a monster. When taste gets a bunch of people together for a game it ends in good, pleasant things. Things like a bunch of audio files of people awkwardly describing sex, A picture of a bean sucking spiderman off and Merk quitting mafia. When Winvirus runs a game it's raw pain seperated into 40 posts per page, real life panic attacks and tears.

(this paragraph extracts humour from stating controversial opinions as factual and while also playing on winvirus's perception as the human equivilent of thinking there were more steps on the stairs then there were when you're walking up them and accidentally tripping on air and then you land on your cat. (That explantion was an overly elaborate and disjointed metaphor which some may find funny, additionally it itself is a sort of meta joke in that explaining jokes is something that draws out and flatlines otherwised snappy lines. By applying an explanation to a straight forward joke, it defies the expectations of the reader))

Who will win? I'm not going to disguise my prejudices here, It's The Carpet Shark. She's a dark horse and also a fighter. Not much to say here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MildManeredManikin posted:

I understand you didn't identify my previous intro as a Taste impression.

This is true, because all I ever see of Taste is him showing up in a game after lurking for like five days and then saying like one sentence. +1

quote:

I will now explain all my jokes in parenthesis after I make them so that you don't miss another.

quote:

First of let's get some things clear here. Taste may be a cruel man, but there's no need to get out of line here, he's not a monster. When taste gets a bunch of people together for a game it ends in good, pleasant things. Things like a bunch of audio files of people awkwardly describing sex, A picture of a bean sucking spiderman off and Merk quitting mafia. When Winvirus runs a game it's raw pain seperated into 40 posts per page, real life panic attacks and tears.

+2

quote:

(this paragraph extracts humour from stating controversial opinions as factual and while also playing on winvirus's perception as the human equivilent of thinking there were more steps on the stairs then there were when you're walking up them and accidentally tripping on air and then you land on your cat. (That explantion was an overly elaborate and disjointed metaphor which some may find funny, additionally it itself is a sort of meta joke in that explaining jokes is something that draws out and flatlines otherwised snappy lines. By applying an explanation to a straight forward joke, it defies the expectations of the reader))

Really? -3

quote:

Who will win? I'm not going to disguise my prejudices here, It's The Carpet Shark. She's a dark horse and also a fighter. Not much to say here.

Okay. We'll be sure to keep an eye on her, obviously there's bonus points in the offing if she does make it, next time you're on.

(ignoring the whole pilot episode thing)

Hiipfire, do you come to bury Taste or praise him?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I don't know who winvirus is. All I remember about him is that really long paragraph about him being a dick or some poo poo, but Taste is cool so I guess virus is too.

I think the winner of Taste's game is gonna be 3p, because I really like the comedy option where people just constantly shoot each other vigs, poisons and whatever the gently caress else Taste puts in it and in the end 3p somehow ending up triumphant in the form of either a survivor or SK or some either weird rear end win condition like Lover or Monk(?) maybe. I can't imagine it not ending in a comedic fasion. If you want to name a specific name, I think I, HiipFire, the extremely cool 17 year old will win.

ohh gently caress I just claimed 3p outside of the thread didn't I.............
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
alright im just gonna stop typing now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:munch: I hope after this is over we get to watch Allen Wren is... Highly Plorpable? :munch:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

HiipFire posted:

I don't know who winvirus is. All I remember about him is that really long paragraph about him being a dick or some poo poo, but Taste is cool so I guess virus is too.

Fair. You can only roll with what you've seen, and if you haven't seen it...

YOU GET MUTED.

##mute Hiipfire (-1)

Hal Incandenza posted:

:munch: I hope after this is over we get to watch Allen Wren is... Highly Plorpable? :munch:

Pardon the :redhammer:

Rurea, finish it up.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

ALRIGHT BITCHES.

Heres a Winvirus in his natural habitat:

Simply amazing.
Everytime I see his posts it makes me feel like :

But on the other hand, Taste is more like:

And it makes me feel like:

Eitherway, each person will have their own opinions on the two infamous mafia stars. All that matters is how I feel at the end of the day, when I get to drop that sweet sweet hammer.

Winner you say? I have to go with my lord and savior:
CCKeane

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rurea posted:

ALRIGHT BITCHES.

Heres a Winvirus in his natural habitat:

Simply amazing.

+1

quote:

Everytime I see his posts it makes me feel like :

+1

quote:

But on the other hand, Taste is more like:

+1

quote:

And it makes me feel like:

+1

quote:

Eitherway, each person will have their own opinions on the two infamous mafia stars. All that matters is how I feel at the end of the day, when I get to drop that sweet sweet hammer.

+1

quote:

Winner you say? I have to go with my lord and savior:
CCKeane

I dunno how I feel about the graphicsposting, but apparently that's what the kids do these days, so, hey, whatever blows your hair back. Moving on!

DISRUPTIVE PLAYERS. We know them. We've heard them. They're perfectly fine with making GBS threads up people's games and giving people a hard time, and seemingly they either don't know what they're doing or don't care.

I ask, what's going on? Jerks, Spectrum Disorders, or Performance Artists? And what needs to be done about it? MMM, you're up first.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll name names. We all know who this shitposter that you're talking about it is and frankly I think it's time to stop cutting him anymore slack. If he's going to keep signing up to games just to blow them off and be deliberately uncooperative than we shouldn't let him play anymore. Actually we should try to see if we can get him banned for making GBS threads games up in the first place. He clearly has no social awareness, reasonable thinking skills or even basic human decency.

It's time to ban Meinberg.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'll name names. We all know who this shitposter that you're talking about it is and frankly I think it's time to stop cutting him anymore slack. If he's going to keep signing up to games just to blow them off and be deliberately uncooperative than we shouldn't let him play anymore. Actually we should try to see if we can get him banned for making GBS threads games up in the first place. He clearly has no social awareness, reasonable thinking skills or even basic human decency.

It's time to ban Meinberg.

+3

Beautiful.

Meinberg, your rebuttal?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also what do I click in my preferences to get those sweet extra options you have?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also what do I click in my preferences to get those sweet extra options you have?

Install SALR.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
First things first, Mr. Trip, or should I call you the MildManneredManikin? Your suggestion that I be banned from Mafia is utterly ludicrous, beyond the pale. I will freely admit that I'm not the best Mafia player, and that at times I do, as the kids say, "lurk." But I'm a vital member of this community. I bring joy and wonder, and confusion. I am the name that is spoken in whispered tones, of my glory and my power. I contribute ideas and theories and new concepts to the world of Mafia.

And what's more, unlike certain other people who are in the close company of bigots and receive from them playful nicknames, I stand for the sake of the marginalized. I want to make Mafia a safe space, in between the poo poo posting and the lying and the broken feelings that are part and parcel of the game. But we don't need to exclude people by bringing in the worst, by bringing in people who's only purpose is to say offensive things and hope that gets them a laugh, who feel that the community deserves to support their bigotry, and I won't hold back in describing the actions of some in that way.

In all seriousness, I'm will to support people who are low effort, and people who are not good at Mafia or new to the game. What I won't support are people who actively seek to disrupt games and those who find humor in the discomfort of others. Mafia can be a safe space for everyone.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Meinberg posted:

First things first, Mr. Trip, or should I call you the MildManneredManikin? Your suggestion that I be banned from Mafia is utterly ludicrous, beyond the pale. I will freely admit that I'm not the best Mafia player, and that at times I do, as the kids say, "lurk." But I'm a vital member of this community. I bring joy and wonder, and confusion. I am the name that is spoken in whispered tones, of my glory and my power. I contribute ideas and theories and new concepts to the world of Mafia.

Self-promotion usually leads to mutes, but I'll allow it. +1

quote:

And what's more, unlike certain other people who are in the close company of bigots and receive from them playful nicknames, I stand for the sake of the marginalized. I want to make Mafia a safe space, in between the poo poo posting and the lying and the broken feelings that are part and parcel of the game. But we don't need to exclude people by bringing in the worst, by bringing in people who's only purpose is to say offensive things and hope that gets them a laugh, who feel that the community deserves to support their bigotry, and I won't hold back in describing the actions of some in that way.

I'm not sure, but I feel like I'm supposed to feel insulted here?

quote:

In all seriousness, I'm will to support people who are low effort, and people who are not good at Mafia or new to the game. What I won't support are people who actively seek to disrupt games and those who find humor in the discomfort of others. Mafia can be a safe space for everyone.

+2 Support your local scene.

Rurea, what's your take on this? And what's your take on Meinberg and MMM here? Townie slapfight or something else?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rurea posted:

Apparently nothing.

Hiip?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rurea lost no points for that. WINNING STRATEGY SPOTTED

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sorry somebody called me on the phone and would not go away. ILl answer after hiip if thats acceptable

and i cant multitask

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

kill rurea tia

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
As a professional and lurker, I feel have more to say about this topic than anyone else here.

Now,

The way being a piece of poo poo is an art only able to mastered the biggest assholes on the motherfucking planet like me. All you do is you just have to focus all your energy on being such a insufferable cuntmouth that will definitely make any serious mafia player throw their keyboard on the ground and throw their hands in the air in sheer disbelief of your pure shittiness.

oh poo poo you wanted my opinion

Malicious players are really dumb since nothing they say is really alignment indicative so you might aswell just Rolling Start(tm)(c) them Day 1

PS: IM STRAIGHT THUGGIN

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This is very unsportsmanlike

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rurea lost no points for that. WINNING STRATEGY SPOTTED

##mute MMM (-1)

This is what I get for trying to be nice.

Rurea posted:

Sorry somebody called me on the phone and would not go away. ILl answer after hiip if thats acceptable

and i cant multitask

Sure.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

HiipFire posted:

As a professional and lurker, I feel have more to say about this topic than anyone else here.

+2 Inside information! Yes, do go on.

quote:

Now,

The way being a piece of poo poo is an art only able to mastered the biggest assholes on the motherfucking planet like me. All you do is you just have to focus all your energy on being such a insufferable cuntmouth that will definitely make any serious mafia player throw their keyboard on the ground and throw their hands in the air in sheer disbelief of your pure shittiness.

I can respect cuntmouth as a terrible new obscenity variant. +1

quote:

oh poo poo you wanted my opinion

Malicious players are really dumb since nothing they say is really alignment indicative so you might aswell just Rolling Start(tm)(c) them Day 1

PS: IM STRAIGHT THUGGIN

+3 Rolling starts get you plorps, and getting plorps is how you win. I like it.

Alright, Rurea, hit me.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I thought that MMM's joke was a C+ at best. Saw that poo poo coming from a mile away and honestly, Meinberg is some pretty low hanging fruit. Step your game up pal.

Meinberg is indeed an awful poster from what I have seen. This is why anytime I have a vig, I shoot him. THis happened once. But it will happen anytime I have a vig.

In general, I think lurkers and shitposters and players like HAROLD KRELL can be really funny sometimes. People take this internet game pretty seriously, sometimes TOO seriously. Its good to throw a little chaos in once and a while. However, in the long term its probably not healthy for the game and community.

But #YOLO

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rurea posted:

I thought that MMM's joke was a C+ at best. Saw that poo poo coming from a mile away and honestly, Meinberg is some pretty low hanging fruit. Step your game up pal.

Strong game. +1

quote:

Meinberg is indeed an awful poster from what I have seen. This is why anytime I have a vig, I shoot him. THis happened once. But it will happen anytime I have a vig.

I haven't seen enough vigging lately, and the last time I tried it, it ended badly (even though it hit scum), so here's some more points. +2

quote:

In general, I think lurkers and shitposters and players like HAROLD KRELL can be really funny sometimes. People take this internet game pretty seriously, sometimes TOO seriously. Its good to throw a little chaos in once and a while. However, in the long term its probably not healthy for the game and community.

But #YOLO

Yeah, I'm not much for being forever serious, but there's a wide gap between chaos and serious game-making GBS threads. The game-shitters are almost inevitably people who take it too seriously, so, uh, I dunno where you're going with this. -1

:toot:

And we've been horned. Up next, Buy or Sell, where we talk about something we never thought we needed, and something that we never thought we'd like.

Because time works the way it does, it's way too late in the Eurozone, which means we're going to need to take a break. It looks like the next time we can all get together is Monday? We should be able to finish the game at that point.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 13, 2015

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Can we get a tally of the scores

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Forgot to post the image.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I shall see you all on Monday, when the red falcon shall rise in the east and eat the dayorb.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How are hiip and the empty chair that rurea was supposed to sit in winning?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
cause im amazing
eat my dick trip

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shrug

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

HiipFire posted:

cause im amazing
eat my dick trip

reported

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

snitch bitch

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM is the Bomani Jones of this event

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Meinberg is Woody Paige, Rurea is Jay Mariotti and Hiip is TJ Simers

None of you can be Bob Ryan or JA Adande

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I wanna play do another

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I wanna play do another

Oh look it's Jackie McMullen!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm the skip bayless of SA Mafia

i want to play obv

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

remember when ozzie guillen called jay mariotti a fag in an on the record interview

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm the skip bayless of SA Mafia

i want to play obv

Super I will be Steven A!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted: