Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SardonicTyrant posted:

I mean you can make low-grade fight choreography work. Arrow did it all the time. They got so much mileage out of tense music and waving your bow around to block projectiles.
Hell Agents of Shield had decent action/fight choreography throughout it's run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Hell Agents of Shield had decent action/fight choreography throughout it's run

The regulars who did the most stunts were either dancers or Ming Na. Not that much different from casting Stephen Amell.

And even then, it took Chloe Bennet a full year to settle into the choreography.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally finished Jessica Jones. Overall I liked it. Some solidly lovely characters in that series, but ultimately I was glad I watched it.

I'm still sad ill never get Luke Cage season 3.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I still can't believe they cast Sigourney Weaver in the Defenders and didn't have her be the mortal shell of Mephistopheles. Which sets up the perfect reason for the Black Sky to matter, it's a human who can safely house Mephistopheles, which the Hand need because Sigourney Weaver's character is about to finally pass away after like, several centuries of leading. Remove the other Hand Leaders and focus down on this conflict where the Hand revive Elektra so she can become the new Mephistopheles host.

Of course, that does ultimately mean the show still has Elektra in it, but I can't imagine this story being worse than the one we got and it totally gives a great reason for the Black Sky to be important that isn't can do magic kung-fu real good.

It even manages to kind of tie into at least three of the characters story beats. You have the obvious Iron Fist vs Hand thing going on, you have Daredevil fighting what amounts to Marvel Satan (Catholicism yo) and Jessica effectively is trying to save a woman from a traditionally masculine character taking over her life quite literally. Just need some way to get Luke Cage a connection and the entire thing is thematically golden, or at least a well polished bronze.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 1, 2021

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Mulva posted:

Like that will always, always be the most baffling choice for me: Why in the name of unholy rear end did they think it was a compelling choice to make their lead character a petulant moron that doesn't even know how their own magic powers work?

I think if handled right, this could have been compelling. Danny would have bene not the big white savior who explains kung-fu to people who've been practicing it all their life, but someone who lucked out into his powers and had to learn how to use them responsibly and balance the philosophy they represent with his own understanding of the world. I think it could have been a fresh take on Iron Fist.

None of that requires bad choreography or any of the creative choices made with Netflix Iron Fist, by the way.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think if handled right, this could have been compelling. Danny would have bene not the big white savior who explains kung-fu to people who've been practicing it all their life, but someone who lucked out into his powers and had to learn how to use them responsibly and balance the philosophy they represent with his own understanding of the world. I think it could have been a fresh take on Iron Fist.

None of that requires bad choreography or any of the creative choices made with Netflix Iron Fist, by the way.

I wonder if they were going for a more serious The Greatest American Hero and, well, failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't know who it was, nor think this was necessarily the case, but it feels like it was made by somebody who's also a huge rear end in a top hat and doesn't realize it.