Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«499 »
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

I grew up in rural Alabama. Knew tons of people that were just like Karen and her boyfriend. I was around them, but never really partook the same way. None of them became future Karen. It reminds me of twilight how vampires and werewolves are attracted to a whiny girl that has done absolutely nothing worthy of all the fawning over her that she receives. It's escapism. So guess loving what guys, we are worshiping super hero dudes that spend a lot of time being assholes.

I hate Karen; I am a hypocrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Once I realized the Karen episode was gonna be a flashback, I skipped past it to the present day storyline and do not regret it. I fell for that poo poo already with Stranger Things season 2 (and a million other series where a non-essential flashback interrupts a story's climax) and I wasn't going to do it again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

Cythereal posted:

That's something I've noticed. Everyone who's grown up in a town like that seems to be really engaged with that episode and say yeah that makes a lot of sense and makes Karen's character click into focus. But a lot of people who didn't grow up in a town like that seem to think it was weird or exaggerated or silly.

Some people just aren't emotionally or mentally capable of connecting with an other.

Other is not a human being, other has no redeeming features. Death to other.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!

Itís not so much the decaying rust belt town stuff as having an family tensions boil over with argument and recriminations, then boom flaming trailer boyfriend shot car crash brother dies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Itís not so much the decaying rust belt town stuff as having an family tensions boil over with argument and recriminations, then boom flaming trailer boyfriend shot car crash brother dies.

Yeah it all felt really rushed. They really should've taken their time over two episodes for Karen's backstory.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Ditto with the US millitary.

US military is even more insidious because they'll really go out of their way to help your production at self-cost, but only if you portray them well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

In It For The Tank posted:

Once I realized the Karen episode was gonna be a flashback, I skipped past it to the present day storyline and do not regret it. I fell for that poo poo already with Stranger Things season 2 (and a million other series where a non-essential flashback interrupts a story's climax) and I wasn't going to do it again.

You should watch it.

It's good.

«499 »