Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Black Panther

Infinity War

Metal Gear Rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Black Panther

Infinity War

Metal Gear Rising

Killmonger and Thanos aren't the protagonists, though?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Killmonger and Thanos aren't the protagonists, though?

Oh, sorry, I got wires crossed and thought we were talking about people looking at the villain and going 'HE WAS RIGHT'

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Some people would argue that Thanos is the protagonist of that movie. Note that "protagonist" does not mean hero.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not a Marvel or comic book show but I don't know where else to post this.

Has anyone watched the Netflix/BBC 4 parter of Watership Down? Because I'm halfway through it and it's pretty damned good. I love the book and the original animated film so this has been pretty on point. My only issue with the version I'm watching is how hard it is to tell the rabbits apart.

I recommend checking this out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Couch Chat is prob a good place to post that. I was iffy on the new adaptation, but may check it out now!

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

cosmicjim posted:

And pride and prejudice.

Tell me more about how Eliza Bennett is the villain of Pride and Prejudice?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Beefeater1980 posted:

Tell me more about how Eliza Bennett is the villain of Pride and Prejudice?

She’s a jerk and is always mean to everyone and always cockblocking. I feel so bad for her family. Fortunately she found a rich goon.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I did not know that Corbin Bernsen was in Punisher. Awesome

Just started episode 5 and it's been pretty awesome so far.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Digital Jedi posted:

I did not know that Corbin Bernsen was in Punisher. Awesome

Just started episode 5 and it's been pretty awesome so far.

ep 5 That Russian guy! Frank don't play.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Can you folks watching the new season of the Punisher let me know if the soundtrack of the second season is any less embarrassing? I loved the first season but the cheesy blues guitar riffs made everything feel like a high budget Renegade (starring Lorenzo Lamas) whenever they popped up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haven't noticed. i'm 7 in.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrNutt posted:

Can you folks watching the new season of the Punisher let me know if the soundtrack of the second season is any less embarrassing? I loved the first season but the cheesy blues guitar riffs made everything feel like a high budget Renegade (starring Lorenzo Lamas) whenever they popped up.

You say high budget renegade like that's a bad thing

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rocksicles posted:

ep 5 That Russian guy! Frank don't play.

I'm 99% sure that was former UFC Fighter Keith Jardine. Pleasant surprise and yea that whole scene was brutal as hell. Loved it

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm 99% sure that was former UFC Fighter Keith Jardine. Pleasant surprise and yea that whole scene was brutal as hell. Loved it

Yeah it was, he was in Birdbox too

Madani's eyebrows are the second best character this season

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 18, 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rocksicles posted:

Haven't noticed. i'm 7 in.
Me too, but it's kind of gauche to brag about it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Halloween Jack posted:

Me too, but it's kind of gauche to brag about it.

Well i rounded down to the nearest 7...

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Fusco!!! Glad to see him in another show!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 10 is hectic.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Two episodes in and friends, it is good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spuckuk posted:

Two episodes in and friends, it is good.

I'm half way through the finale. It's solid all the way through.

Pilgrim and Billy are really good.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

I'm half way through the finale. It's solid all the way through.

Pilgrim and Billy are really good.

Welp, peace-ing out of the thread until I sit down and watch this thing. Bye bye productive weekend I guess. Good to hear people seem to like it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm into E6 and enjoying it. Still puzzled by the Rev dude, though, I still don't know who he is or what he wants or why he has such a fanatical cult.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

this goddamn show

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished and I loved it from start to end. Some of the Billy and Doc relationship stuff was slow and didn't care for it most of the time (I just hate that cliche).

Concerning the Pilgrim I really enjoyed him and his scenes but his motivation and whole reasoning behind it all along with the people he worked under just seemed really weak to me

Concerning Billy I didn't mind the ending to Billy. I think it was fairly fine for Castle just to empty two rounds into him as he was dying and walked away. I'm disappointed we didn't get a good fight scene between the two of them again.

Ending scene gently caress YEA Sad we won't get a 3rd season most likely.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 19, 2019

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Early punisher season 2 is a good idea for a movie or two, bloated tremendously with ineffective attempts at pathos and pretty weak b plots. Just endless Netflix Marvel style bloat.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Early punisher season 2 is a good idea for a movie or two, bloated tremendously with ineffective attempts at pathos and pretty weak b plots. Just endless Netflix Marvel style bloat.

You should stop watching shows when you're asleep.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think Sodomy Hussein just has a really really effective coping mechanism because the minute these shows started getting canceled he started posting about how they've always been terrible and he never liked them anyway and it's good that they're going away etc.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm 2 episodes in and it feels like they made a proper Jack Reacher movie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know how many times Frank gets hit in the head with something made of metal. But it's gotta be more than a hundred.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

In the trailer for season 2 it showed Jigsaw mostly healed with just a relatively mild scar instead of something more expected of the savage ground-glass cheese grating he received, does this at least get a good explanation?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

McSpanky posted:

In the trailer for season 2 it showed Jigsaw mostly healed with just a relatively mild scar instead of something more expected of the savage ground-glass cheese grating he received, does this at least get a good explanation?

Facial Reconstruction Surgery

Also E5: Watching Frank stubbornly go through the card scam again and again in clueless exasperation was great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

They just gave him some hosed up scars, and a hosed up brain. So he's more like a wounded veteran with ptsd, it works.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Watching ep3 because I forgot to start last night.

The pacing is still sluggish, but it's not bothering me. I'm not sure if that's because the slow pacing is justified as a pot going from simmer to boil, or if I'm just accepting it as-is because the cancellation Tweet is only 5-7 days off.

E: Broken People the Show S2 hums along.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 19, 2019

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

^^^Wow. I think the pacing is fairly brisk^^^

A few episodes in and have a few questions:

Who drew all over jigsaw's mask? I assume he did?

How did the hitmen track Frank to that lodge? Through that hacker guy somehow?

How did the sniper manage to hit that cop in the stomach when he was inside the car?

I'm not sure what Sodomy Hussein's issues are but show is really pretty great so far. Great acting separates the mediocre Netflix shows from the good ones and this show has good performances.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm only in ep 2, those season premiere fight scenes were a breath of fresh air

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

BiggerBoat posted:

^^^Wow. I think the pacing is fairly brisk^^^

A few episodes in and have a few questions:

He does The doctor recommends him doing so in a later episode

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 19, 2019

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

One more question:

why did Pilgrim shoot Marlena in the woods? For failing?

Seemed to come out of nowhere.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BiggerBoat posted:

One more question:

why did Pilgrim shoot Marlena in the woods? For failing?

Seemed to come out of nowhere.

Exposure, they had no idea if she'd talked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

For anyone who had questions about Jigsaw’s mask, using art masks as PTSD therapy is a real thing.