Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I'm way behind on Netflix Marvel, still halfway through Daredevil s3. How was the rest of the season? How was Punisher season two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

marktheando posted:

I'm way behind on Netflix Marvel, still halfway through Daredevil s3. How was the rest of the season? How was Punisher season two?

Mediocre

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Piell posted:

Mediocre

Was Frank attacked by squirrels or something? He'd better get those scratches looked at.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

marktheando posted:

Was Frank attacked by squirrels or something? He'd better get those scratches looked at.

You should see the other guy!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Emerson Cod posted:

At this point it really feels like Netflix is holding JJ season 3 back out of spite. I wonder if that 18 month timer starts after the last episode that is released.

Starts from cancellation notice, but it's two years not 18 months.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Davros1 posted:

You should see the other guy!

Wait is that seriously what the villain whose entire gimmick is having a hosed up face looks like? He looks like he fell in some rose bushes.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

They're just joke photos, guys. One of the makeup artists brought her little girl to work and the guys let her play around and scribble on them with an eyebrow pencil.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

marktheando posted:

Wait is that seriously what the villain whose entire gimmick is having a hosed up face looks like? He looks like he fell in some rose bushes.

The best part is they don't even stay consistent through the episodes. The one in his hairline sometimes changes lengths. At least from what I remember.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He had a drill put through his foot back in DareDevil season two, you think anything less than blowing up a car with him in the trunk is gonna leave a lasting mark on him? Come on now, you should know better.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 19, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If I had any video editing chops whatsoever, I’d make a super edit of all the punishment Frank tanks in all his shows, but set it to “Scars” by Papa Roach.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Emerson Cod posted:

At this point it really feels like Netflix is holding JJ season 3 back out of spite. I wonder if that 18 month timer starts after the last episode that is released.

eh, there was nothing about Punisher S2 until a month or so, possibly less, before it premiered. Probably coming by the end of June

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Offtopic: Watched the first two episodes of The Tick S2. This is the good poo poo here.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I liked the story of tick s1 better, but s2 seemed to be better polished with better writing or something. Overall I liked S2 more.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey for anyone who cares the dude who played Bushmaster is gonna be a major cast member of the Netflix Live Action Cowboy Bebop.

He’s Jet Black, surprising no one whatsoever.

It’s him and John Cho as Spike Spiegel so I really don’t know if I could be any happier about this honestly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Related to absolutely nothing but... Y'know

https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/1119703427179663360

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL he got rocked at 4:20 on 4:20 and tweeted really stoned. That’s beautiful man.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Emerson Cod posted:

At this point it really feels like Netflix is holding JJ season 3 back out of spite.

Having set through Season 2, I think they're actually protecting us.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Having set through Season 2, I think they're actually protecting us.

They're holding it back so it's release can most effectively poison the jury pool for the writers guild lawsuits

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Does it have a villain? The good netflix, and MCU entitely, are defined by good antagonists. Daredevil season 2 first half with Punisher outstanding, second half with The Hand and Elektra going into The Defenders loving awful. Jessica Jones Purple Man great, her mum then her best friend loving poo poo. Thanos.

If it doesnt well yeah its dead on arrival.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lid posted:

Does it have a villain? The good netflix, and MCU entitely, are defined by good antagonists. Daredevil season 2 first half with Punisher outstanding, second half with The Hand and Elektra going into The Defenders loving awful. Jessica Jones Purple Man great, her mum then her best friend loving poo poo. Thanos.

If it doesnt well yeah its dead on arrival.

I've run the numbers, and this checks out.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
Guardians of the Galaxy?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Shithead The Accuser was a good villain, but only because he took everything so seriously and didn't seem to realize it was a Chris Pratt movie starring a talking raccoon

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Soothing Vapors posted:

Shithead The Accuser was a good villain, but only because he took everything so seriously and didn't seem to realize it was a Chris Pratt movie starring a talking raccoon

They still wasted Lee Pace which makes me incredibly loving sad.

How much is he in Captain Marvel? This will determine whether I wait for it to hit Netflix to watch it tbh

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Shows up for a couple minutes to say a few lines and stare menacingly at earth.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

esperterra posted:

How much is he in Captain Marvel? This will determine whether I wait for it to hit Netflix to watch it tbh

Maybe 30 seconds total, mostly has a handheld hologram other characters look at.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lee Pace was alright. Nothing compared to how much Thor the Dark World wasted Christopher Eccleston.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

marktheando posted:

Lee Pace was alright. Nothing compared to how much Thor the Dark World wasted Christopher Eccleston.

I never bothered w/ The Dark World sadly*

I also think Blanchett was wasted tho tbh she had a good chunk of screen time in Ragnarok, and owned bones. But her parts felt so out of place. It was a shame b/c she was hilarious and would have fit the more bizarro tone of the rest of the movie just fine if they found a way to better weave those stories together

*and by sadly i mean fortunately

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Klungar posted:

Maybe 30 seconds total, mostly has a handheld hologram other characters look at.

netflix it is!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah it felt like they just used him to set him in future Captain Marvel movies if they take place between the first and Endgame.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I am an extreme minority who didnt like think Ragnarok was the best thing since sliced bread and a lot of that was that Cate just felt wrong and i couldn't get emotionally invested in the stakes (contrast with Guardians where its hilarious but i was invested).

Adding to the math Luke Cage - Cottonmouth whoo, after Cottonmouth boo.

I think the exception to this is Punisher season one whose villains were rather rote but the story and pacing itself was so well done it didn't matter. Hell they even did the netflux thing of buildung a secondary villain but showed how he was built and resolved it before seasons end rather than have him take over the plot at tge end so it didnt feel like a cop out. Its an argument Frank is a villain anyway.

So yeah if JJ season three has a villain of substance itll be fine. If it has one that changes to a lovely one it wont be. If its like season two where both villains sucked then yeah.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

esperterra posted:

yeah that's so true. Lee Pace is such a good comic actor, why would you make him Generic Grimdark Guy in a comedy movie

marktheando posted:

Thor the Dark World wasted Christopher Eccleston.

also very true

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lid posted:

I am an extreme minority who didnt like think Ragnarok was the best thing since sliced bread and a lot of that was that Cate just felt wrong and i couldn't get emotionally invested in the stakes (contrast with Guardians where its hilarious but i was invested).

Ragnarok was super hit or miss for me, tbh. I enjoyed it more than most Marvel movies, but it wasn't anything special, either. The weird split between the Thor stuff and the stuff back at Asgard just threw the whole movie off for me. I think Cate was really good in the movie, just misplaced in general.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

esperterra posted:

netflix it is!

Captain Marvel isn't coming to Netflix though, all future Marvel releases are exclusive to Disney +. Ant Man and the Wasp is the last Marvel movie to appear on Netflix.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Glad to see I'm not the only one lukewarm on Ragnarok. I didn't think Spiderman Homecoming was super great either.

Good MCU Netflix villains?

Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Cottonmouth, Purple Man, Jigsaw (Punisher S1)...guess you guys are right about it tying strongly into the quality. I'd argue D'Onofrio as Fisk is the best MCU villain, period. Or at least gives the best performance.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I liked Spider-Man homecoming at first but then into the spiderverse came out and now idc about mcu spidery at all

Give us the Spiderwomen movie you fuckers

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

BiggerBoat posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one lukewarm on Ragnarok. I didn't think Spiderman Homecoming was super great either.

Good MCU Netflix villains?

Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Cottonmouth, Purple Man, Jigsaw (Punisher S1)...guess you guys are right about it tying strongly into the quality. I'd argue D'Onofrio as Fisk is the best MCU villain, period. Or at least gives the best performance.

Funnily I adore Homecoming and part of that is The Vulture is amazing, Michael Keaton is just so great as an understandable blue collar man turned criminal but still very not-evil and its nice to have an MCU film on the level of like the netflix shows down via the streets but with a ridiculous budget.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrNutt posted:

Captain Marvel isn't coming to Netflix though, all future Marvel releases are exclusive to Disney +. Ant Man and the Wasp is the last Marvel movie to appear on Netflix.

Disney+ isn't coming to Canada right away so I'm assuming Netflix will continue to get Space Combat and Marvelous movies til those rights are sorted in this country, we're still getting new Disney content right now at any rate.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

esperterra posted:

Disney+ isn't coming to Canada right away so I'm assuming Netflix will continue to get Space Combat and Marvelous movies til those rights are sorted in this country, we're still getting new Disney content right now at any rate.

Oh, good to know my Northern friend. :canada:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

Funnily I adore Homecoming and part of that is The Vulture is amazing, Michael Keaton is just so great as an understandable blue collar man turned criminal but still very not-evil and its nice to have an MCU film on the level of like the netflix shows down via the streets but with a ridiculous budget.

Yeah Vulture owned. That scene with him and Peter in his car was chilling. Fuckin' masterwork by Keaton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB5HTcFhCso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lid posted:

Keaton was fantastic and a definite high point. I just didn't like all the "Iron Man Jr." stuff.