Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I thought it was interesting there wasn't any sexualization of women (Jessica is basically fulled clothed the entire time, except for sex scenes), but Luke Cage was shirtless about half the time he was onscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Blazing Ownager posted:

The whole time they were crawling around in the sewers fighting ninjas with an ancient master I was thinking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Today it dawned on me: This was almost positively one of the comics that was a parody of. Right?

Yes, TMNT is a parody of Daredevil (they were trained by a guy named Stick Splinter and their enemies are called the Hand Foot). Also the chemicals that blinded Daredevil are the same ones that mutated the turtles.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The Hydra stuff was pretty cool, the Inhuman stuff is poo poo.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

notthegoatseguy posted:

The Inhuman stuff in season 2 isn't so much about Inhumans, it is about Daisy finding her parents. Otherwise Inhumans are just this shows way of doing powers which saves us from technological horrors or Doctors Becoming Mr Hyde...which they've done already by actually using Mr. Hyde.

EDIT: First 15 episodes are a bit of a drag with some highlights, but it is on Netflix and you can breeze through it quickly. They actually drop hints at S1's overall plot as soon as the second episode. And after the big "reveal" in episode 16, it makes one character's lines and actions very interesting in retrospect.

Yes and Daisy's quest was boring as hell

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

notthegoatseguy posted:

Speaking of which, why is Gotham so beloved? I watched the first half of the first season and I was just completely turned off by it. It was way more dull than even AOS at its worst. Did something drastically change?

Things in general got worse but at least the very worst part loving Fish Mooney is finally gone. Unless it's back, I stopped watching like six episodes ago.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
15 minutes in and holy poo poo Danny's dumb

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Daisy is the worst and I hate her and her dumb dad

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
"Derp. Time travel" is also what happens on Flash

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
After finishing watching it, I thought it was pretty decent overall but most disappointed in most of the fight scenes. The Defenders all have different abilities, but 90% of the time you could swap any of their moves and it'd be exactly the same. Jessica should be launching dudes across the room with every punch, Luke shouldn't even bother blocking attacks, and Danny/Matt should be the only ones doing fancy moves. The boardroom/hallway fight was the only part even moderately good at this. Jessica asks if she is the only one who doesn't know karate (which is a point, why does Luke know martial arts) but she ends up doing fancy blocks in the final fight anyway.

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 21, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
After rewatching a couple of the fights I will withdraw my complaint about Luke doing fancy stuff (though he does a good amount of blocking/dodging stuff he should just tank) and switch it to Jessica doing some stuff in the final fight that is weird for someone who had previously complained about not being a trained fighter. Also a lot of the people that both she and Luke hit show the same level of impact as the people Matt and Danny (non-glowing-fist mode) are doing.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Is season 2 worth watching if I got like 2/3 of season 1 and then got fed up?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Just wait until you see Frank later, I am pretty sure they just ran a red marker over his face a few times

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I mean look at this poo poo

Piell fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 22, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Cythereal posted:

I think every show except Iron Fist has gotten progressively worse with every subsequent season.

Punisher S2 is just a mess, buoyed only by Berenthal's amazing performance and charisma.

Overall I'd say Daredevil S3 is better than S2, though S2 had better high points.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The shows would be better if they would just commit to a single villain per season rather than trying to add multiple ones in that just serve to drag the season down. For Punisher, they should have either committed to Billy (and ditched Amy) and focus on how/if Castle is actually any different from Billy, or focused on the Amy subplot with Castle treating her as a surrogate for his feelings towards his dead family.

Piell fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 23, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

counterfeitsaint posted:

Billy's men are shooting rubber bullets and bean bag rounds. When Frank took their guns and shot them with it, they probably went down and stayed down, at least until he looked the other way. He probably killed at least a few by stabbing them and poo poo.

On the other hand, their knives were obviously fake and just drew with red marker, because lol @ Frank's face in the hospital after that.

Reposting this because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

marktheando posted:

I'm way behind on Netflix Marvel, still halfway through Daredevil s3. How was the rest of the season? How was Punisher season two?

Mediocre